Cardiff vs Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

You can see glimmers of his tactics. As he says, it will take time and im sure by the summer (when we are also safe) we will be playing completely different football.

One moment was Armstrong sprinting length of pitch to close down a loose ball and winning a throw in for Saints, not seen that for years.

I'm at a loss to know what Stephens did to deserve to be dropped. He was our best defender for the last two games.

This back four, against a better side than Cardiff, would have let in 3 or 4 by now. Vestergaard has been atrocious, Targett has made a handful of howlers and gifted them chances, and Valery will be very lucky not to get a second yellow the way he's going.

Going forward, we don't seem to have any plan or shape when attacking. Not getting in behind at all, and our best chance fell to Lemina who really had to do better with the time and space he had.

Ralph really has got his work cut out to get this lot playing like a team.

It's simple. Cardiff are an threat in the air. Long Throw ins etc. Stephens isnt good in air.

Austin looks dangerous today, getting on the ball often. Unfortunately our defence looks dangerous too. I see many 4-3 matches in our future

I know Austin is easy to criticise right now, but I honestly don't see this danger you refer to.

I'm at a loss to know what Stephens did to deserve to be dropped. He was our best defender for the last two games.

This back four, against a better side than Cardiff, would have let in 3 or 4 by now. Vestergaard has been atrocious, Targett has made a handful of howlers and gifted them chances, and Valery will be very lucky not to get a second yellow the way he's going.

Going forward, we don't seem to have any plan or shape when attacking. Not getting in behind at all, and our best chance fell to Lemina who really had to do better with the time and space he had.

Ralph really has got his work cut out to get this lot playing like a team.

Agree with the top bit. Jack has been our best defender recently so can only think he has been given a rest after 3 games in week. No other reason for him to be dropped.

Got away with that - it's a 0-0 drubbing at the moment.

Each of our back four have made at least one terrible mistake that should've led to a goal. It feels like it's only a matter of time before Cardiff - who are not special in any way - capitalise.

Targett's the Ward-Prowse of defenders: nice technique, but slower than coastal erosion. Valery won't last the game, one way or another. His winger's got him on toast.

Why do we have so many improbably slow players on the books?

In possession, our movement has been interesting and a little bit different, but who is creating from this line up? We've not looked like opening them up in the slightest.

Looks a filthy day, weather wise, so that's probably contributing to the poor quality of the game, but we'd snap your hand off for a point from here. Only one winner. Which is true of any game, I suppose, but you know what I mean...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Got away with that - it's a 0-0 drubbing at the moment.

Each of our back four have made at least one terrible mistake that should've led to a goal. It feels like it's only a matter of time before Cardiff - who are not special in any way - capitalise.

Targett's the Ward-Prowse of defenders: nice technique, but slower than coastal erosion. Valery won't last the game, one way or another. His winger's got him on toast.

Why do we have so many improbably slow players on the books?

In possession, our movement has been interesting and a little bit different, but who is creating from this line up? We've not looked like opening them up in the slightest.

Looks a filthy day, weather wise, so that's probably contributing to the poor quality of the game, but we'd snap your hand off for a point from here. Only one winner. Which is true of any game, I suppose, but you know what I mean...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

spot on, especially the bit about not being able to ope them up. We've created nothing.

They have more form and confidence than us, would expect them to have the better of it early on.

Main thing was getting in level. But want to see a lot more second half.

Would get rid of a CM for Elyounoussi and go for them. Romeu maybe and go 433. Gabbi on for Austin at some point. Think first goal wins, if we get it and gain confidence we'll push on this time. If they get it, familiar sinking feeling.

Romeu has been our best player?