Cardiff 1 Saints 0 Post Match

St Chalet

. Reed is well out of the picture now. .

Sadly this couldn't be further from the truth.

We have one huge squad. A squad that is utterly dire. We barely survived last season and this one looks like it will go the same way.

If you add up how much money Les has spent on this squad including those out on loan, how much we are paying these players including the likes of Forster. How much money we have had to spend on compo for managers and staff due to Reeds recruitment mistakes we are talking about vast sums of money. Adam Leitch estimated we are talking around £150m-£200m. For a club of our stature that will affect us for a very long time.

So whilst Reed has now been sacked, his mistakes will haunt us for many seasons to come.

I really wish it was as you try and suggest that once someone goes there is a clean slate and everything they did no longer has any influence. But that isn't true.

Until there is a cull of those players and the financial aspects of those deals no longer affect us then the legacy of Reed can be forgotten. The players are mostly poor. But it isn't their fault they are ****. It is the fault of the person who brought them into the club.

Spineless performance after that goal went in. First 20 mins running around like headless chickens, then started to pass around but every single time Cardiff went forward they looked world beaters and we looked like we would concede.

This side will go down if we do not buy some more quality in Jan. Even if we do go down.. this side would struggle in the Championship .

We need players that are capable of playing Hasslewhatshisnames style and most of this side are not capable. I hope we can turn this around but at some point the other weak teams around us are going to pick up and then we really will be deep doodoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly who will want to buy our ****e players ...

the monstrous wages we are paying (what is our annual wage bill now, £120m a year?) means we couldn't even give them away. We'd have to pay a percentage of their wages.

I know people don't like Hoedt, but I think with the right coaching he'll be alright for us.

It’s amazing how whichever of our esteemed centre backs hasn’t played for a couple of games becomes the new hope again, isn’t it? Let’s face facts, they are all awful and a whole army of defensive geniuses couldn’t stop them making the kind of basic individual errors we are seeing week in week out.

We'll be looking at loans at best, but they're all on big wages so I doubt even that will be possible. Who in the realm of sanity would want to take Vestergaard on and pay him a wage?

Agree anyone who thinks we are just going to sell and buy our way to safety in Jan is deluded.

We are stuck with this squad our only hope is Ralph is a miracle worker and turns it around I'm not hopeful if I'm honest.

Vestergaard is an international, WHAT!!!!!. Who the hell signed him. Carillo. Boufal, etc. Any Saints fan seeing them before they signed would have said, either too slow, can't jump, greedy, too small, etc etc don't even think about it. Yet we rubbished the best part of £100m on crap.Black box, Les Reed, Ross Wilson are incompetent. Any fool can see that Soares is too small, Targett is dopey and slow, Hojbjerg tries hard but creates nothing, Lamina needs to do his tricks in the penalty area, Bednerek is work in progress, Armstrong, Redmond and Austin received the ball too late.

Stephens needs a kicking to wake him up. Decent defender with an aversion to putting his foot through the ball when needed. We had that point in the bag until we committed suicide with pitty patty at the back and Vestergaard's attempt at a back pass was just one of loads of similar errors misplacing passes when under no pressure. McCarthy hardly had a save to make.

I have a feeling they are going to get what they deserve this coming week.

but most of our fans were w**nking over the signings like boufal vestergaard elyounoussi etc. most of our fans get excited by whoever we sign until it becomes evident they suck

The ship has been heading towards the championship for quite a long time now. I cant be bothered to argue when exactly, lets agree on ages ago. Turning it round is incredibly difficult. I don't think anyone can do it. If we go down I don't think I can blame the manager. Yes he has ages, but with this squad the financial restrictions on him I don't think there is anything he can do. I doubt we will get another point this year...I honestly believe that.

About 3 to 4 years ago. The signs were there. Glad you agree.

but most of our fans were w**nking over the signings like boufal vestergaard elyounoussi etc. most of our fans get excited by whoever we sign until it becomes evident they suck

Trust me, write a player (and/or manager) off before he has a handful of games (at least) brings wrath upon you

Anyone know if we can recall Boufal in January? He’d fit Ralph’s system I reckon and he has more skill in his little toe than most of the rest of the squad combine.

4-2-2-2?

Macca

Cedric-New CB-New CB-Bertie

PEH-Lemina

Redmond-Boufal

Ings-Gabbi

Bench: Gunn, New CB, Valery, Romeu, Armstrong, Long, Obafemi

Trust me, write a player (and/or manager) off before he has a handful of games (at least) brings wrath upon you

I said it the day he signed and I still say it now, Anthony Pulis is ****ing **** and not good enough for Saints. Poor signing.

Sadly this couldn't be further from the truth.

We have one huge squad. A squad that is utterly dire. We barely survived last season and this one looks like it will go the same way.

If you add up how much money Les has spent on this squad including those out on loan, how much we are paying these players including the likes of Forster. How much money we have had to spend on compo for managers and staff due to Reeds recruitment mistakes we are talking about vast sums of money. Adam Leitch estimated we are talking around £150m-£200m. For a club of our stature that will affect us for a very long time.

So whilst Reed has now been sacked, his mistakes will haunt us for many seasons to come.

I really wish it was as you try and suggest that once someone goes there is a clean slate and everything they did no longer has any influence. But that isn't true.

Until there is a cull of those players and the financial aspects of those deals no longer affect us then the legacy of Reed can be forgotten. The players are mostly poor. But it isn't their fault they are ****. It is the fault of the person who brought them into the club.

Where are all those accusing Cortese of spending too much money now? At least he spent it effectively and enabled Kat to cash in on a much more expensive club. Cortese Poch Mitchell and Koeman all did well and bought in staff to improve since they departed Uncle Les and team have spent far more on medicore and poorer players and useless contract extensions and the club is now probably worth 25% of the cost Gao paid her if even that.

I remember the fuss on here about money wasted on Gaston! He would walk into this side! And cost less than at least six of the current useless lot and those already shipped out.

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

Still in touch with teams above us so that's a plus. I dare say all the people who are saying we're going down, we're going to do a Sunderland blah blah bore blah are the same ones that spouted the exact same lines last season ...? Yes, we're a bit cr*p at the moment but so are half a dozen other teams, plenty of time to put things right.

First time I've ever said that we are going to do a Sunderland was today.

Truly shocking performance today. I was embarrassed to be there. Ralph has his work cut out. Lemina the only player worth the shirt. End of.

you are right, but watch the game again and you will see that even he doesn't actually really do anything that helps the team create a chance. I rate him, but his weight of pass was poor and when he beat a man he didn't make enough of the space he created. Much the same criticism of Redmond most weeks.

you are right, but watch the game again and you will see that even he doesn't actually really do anything that helps the team create a chance. I rate him, but his weight of pass was poor and when he beat a man he didn't make enough of the space he created. Much the same criticism of Redmond most weeks.

Can you blame him when he is surronded by the crap with him on the pitch!

Anyone know if we can recall Boufal in January? He’d fit Ralph’s system I reckon and he has more skill in his little toe than most of the rest of the squad combine.

4-2-2-2?

Macca

Cedric-New CB-New CB-Bertie

PEH-Lemina

Redmond-Boufal

Ings-Gabbi

Bench: Gunn, New CB, Valery, Romeu, Armstrong, Long, Obafemi

Boufal is not the answer ffs

Agree with that. Got lovely touches and close control, but he's score ONE goal in his entire time with us, and I can't recall an assist either. Boufal has done more than that. Christ sake we are clutching at straws when a player with that kind of record stands out as our best player (which he does).

Boufal is not the answer ffs

I wondered the same thing as Laptop - especially as there is supposedly no transfer budget for January.

Today's line-up was picked by someone who doesn't really know the players, and it was missing 2.5 key pieces - Bertrand (questionable attitude and all), Ings and (can't believe I'm saying this - hence the 0.5) Cedric.

It looked like a team caught between how they've been playing and how Ralph wants them to play, but some of them will never be able to play Ralph's way and I'm sure he already knows it.

But he's seen two games and lots of film, so I'd imagine that there will be a ton of talking going on - including the possibility of cancelling some loans where it can be done. Boufal can change a game but fell out with Hughes, Carrillo was trying to play in Pellegrino's 'system' (whatever the hell it was) but can be an aggressive front-runner. They won't be season-changers but who knows, they could be more effective pieces after a fresh start with Ralph. Does anyone know whether their loans can be rescinded?

That was a horrific result but we've got to at least try to cling to some optimism.

Woeful today. Vestergaard is a disgrace - switched off so many times it was untrue.

Lemina and Romeu OK, Hojberg was garbage and can't pass for toffee.

Will get shouted down but thought we looked much better with Stephens and JWp on the pitch. They showed they cared and JWP created more in his cameo than Hojberg or Armstrong did the whole game.

We need players who will stand up and be counted: they may not be world beaters but JWP, Stephens and some of the younger players will stand up.

Utterly dreadful and no idea how Ralph will keep this shower of s**e up.

Going to take all week to go through the tape and break down all those mistakes.

It was clear RH wouldn’t be able to get them fit enough for his system in two days but I was hoping that the players would have had a real boost and really run their guts out for him today. Maybe it was just blind panic, rushing passes trying to play a system that these duffers aren’t capable of. Dunno. Going to be like taking a ****ty self taught guitarist and having him unlearn all the poor technique to learn better techniques to get better. You normally get worse first. Arsenal game is a free hit. Hopefully will show some signs of improvement by the visit to Huddy. Good thing is that we’ll get Cardiff, Huddy and Fulham at home later in the season when hopefully by then we’re playing well and winning games.

I wondered the same thing as Laptop - especially as there is supposedly no transfer budget for January.

Today's line-up was picked by someone who doesn't really know the players, and it was missing 2.5 key pieces - Bertrand (questionable attitude and all), Ings and (can't believe I'm saying this - hence the 0.5) Cedric.

It looked like a team caught between how they've been playing and how Ralph wants them to play, but some of them will never be able to play Ralph's way and I'm sure he already knows it.

But he's seen two games and lots of film, so I'd imagine that there will be a ton of talking going on - including the possibility of cancelling some loans where it can be done. Boufal can change a game but fell out with Hughes, Carrillo was trying to play in Pellegrino's 'system' (whatever the hell it was) but can be an aggressive front-runner. They won't be season-changers but who knows, they could be more effective pieces after a fresh start with Ralph. Does anyone know whether their loans can be rescinded?

That was a horrific result but we've got to at least try to cling to some optimism.

If we can’t unload the **** then it’s posdible that we’ll have to roll the dice on Carrillo, Boufal and Sims.

No...

He was crap and got dropped by Puel

Then he was crap and got dropped by MoPe

Then he was crap and got dropped by Hughes

THEN he fell out with Hughes

Then he was crap and got dropped by Celta.

...but is he still better than Elyounoussi?

No...

He was crap and got dropped by Puel

Then he was crap and got dropped by MoPe

Then he was crap and got dropped by Hughes

THEN he fell out with Hughes

Then he was crap and got dropped by Celta.

Hard to disagree - but he kept us up last year, if you think about it (WBA). That was the point of the comment.

And (agree with Ottawa) Sims is certainly one who might fit Ralph's style.

Where are all those accusing Cortese of spending too much money now? At least he spent it effectively and enabled Kat to cash in on a much more expensive club. Cortese Poch Mitchell and Koeman all did well and bought in staff to improve since they departed Uncle Les and team have spent far more on medicore and poorer players and useless contract extensions and the club is now probably worth 25% of the cost Gao paid her if even that.

I remember the fuss on here about money wasted on Gaston! He would walk into this side! And cost less than at least six of the current useless lot and those already shipped out.

No time to continue wasting money.

We were getting to grips with the game in the 2nd half. Ok so we weren't creating much (as usual) but Saints were looking comfortable. But who wasn't waiting for the massive screw up that would hand a goal to Cardiff? So damn predictable. Also predictable that we wouldn't get an equaliser.

Ralph certainly has his work cut out.

Hurray for a balanced view. I was at the game and feeling as the second half went on that we were beginning to control midfield, which does look ok.

But with a defence that's always got a stupid error, and the back of a sharp finisher, it's always going to be a problem.

Vestergaard lost us the game and momentum in one stupid moment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hurray for a balanced view. I was at the game and feeling as the second half went on that we were beginning to control midfield, which does look ok.

But with a defence that's always got a stupid error, and the back of a sharp finisher, it's always going to be a problem.

check out the **** play from Austin that led to the break away for the goal. Vestergaard ****, no doubt about it, but he was far from the only one to lose that game for us. The attack create the square route of **** all.

check out the **** play from Austin that led to the break away for the goal. Vestergaard ****, no doubt about it, but he was far from the only one to lose that game for us. The attack create the square route of **** all.

Leave the attack alone m8, they got a few dribbles in and we got a shot on target and forced their goalkeeper into a save. could not have asked for any more, maybe a clear cut chance, but that is pushing it.

Did you at any point during that match think we were going to score? I didn't. So the best outcome against mighty Cardiff was a nil nil draw and that was only if their 1 star set of forwards were too crap to take advantage of our numerous defensive **** ups. They tried hard to be too crap but in the end we gave them a chance that was impossible to be too crap to miss.

Cardiff coulda been 3 or 4 up in the first half. With little skill they were tearing us apart..

Was amazed watching bet365 increasing the Cardiff odds while reducing ours when it was obvious who would come out on top.

Think the new manager hype/hope knocked them off there game :lol:

Cardiff coulda been 3 or 4 up in the first half. With little skill they were tearing us apart..

Was amazed watching bet365 increasing the Cardiff odds while reducing ours when it was obvious who would come out on top.

Have they reduced your maximum stake limit yet pal? Mine was reduced last year. Bet 3.65.

And that’s why you live in a teeny flat in Shirley.

Behave!,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Christ!! Just chill the f##k out!

We were awful today... based on a team picked from who trained on Thursday..

Give the bloke 2 months before you all wet the bed.

Honestly... it’s hilarious watching you ****s!,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we don't have two months though. We are rapidly falling behind the pack two more months of losing and drawing before we pick up will see us already relegated.