Saints vs Arsenal - Build up

SuperSAINT

I think you should apologise, Avenue. I have no idea who TID may be, but he is definitely ITK. If he says it, I believe it.

Yes, he's got his finger right on the pulse

Jan 2016

I know most on here are sceptical, can’t say I blame them.

Will tell you what I’ve heard - Hughes will not be going anywhere anytime soon. Got told about 4pm, only just had time to post. Board want him to work.

Source is a close enough to 1st team to know. Just passing on what I’ve been told.

Depends what you accept as "soon" Greenridge.

He wrote that on 25/11 and Hughes didn't go until 3/12. A week is a long time in politics (heck it is today!!!) and in sport, a week is an eternity.

He has a contact inside the club. If that contact is a player, then the player wouldn't know board plans. It's likely players were under the impression MH was sticking around lest they downed tools and waited for the exit.

Depends what you accept as "soon" Greenridge.

He wrote that on 25/11 and Hughes didn't go until 3/12. A week is a long time in politics (heck it is today!!!) and in sport, a week is an eternity.

He has a contact inside the club. If that contact is a player, then the player wouldn't know board plans. It's likely players were under the impression MH was sticking around lest they downed tools and waited for the exit.

Come off it.

"won't be going anywhere anytime soon" means he'll be around a lot longer than a week. And if the contact (exists and) is a player then, as you say, they wouldn't know anyway what Goa or Ralphy K were up to and so there is no justification for making emphatic statements of the sort quoted.

Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a player contract but I'll reserve judgement for now.

#theitkbusiness

Nathan Tella, Enzo Robise and Alexandre Jankewitz in the training photos.

No sign of Bertrand, Cedric, Ings, Long, Gallagher.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Maybe Ralph Hasenhüttl is keeping his cards close to his chest, not difficult to select photos for publication is it? In any case it's only Wednesday and the match is on Sunday.

Absolutely.

Even if they don't get picked, and probably won't, their enthusiasm will lift the mood of training sessions.

And any other youngster at Southampton as we are opening the door for them to train with the first team squad.

IMHO the last three managers did nothing to help our once fantastic academy.

And any other youngster at Southampton as we are opening the door for them to train with the first team squad.

IMHO the last three managers did nothing to help our once fantastic academy.

Sorry but Puel was very interested in the youngsters. You just have to see the players he introduced:

Hesketh Sims McQueen

Pretty cool to have 16 & 17 year old's to be training with the first team.

Was once a stated philosophy of the club according to Les Reed (when Poch was in charge) to have the youngsters train with the first team. Another of the philosphies (like not loaning out young players) that were actually just statements of what was actually happening at the time. Didn't survive Poch's departure.

Have Hesketh and Sims ever really been given a chance in the team? I know there have been a couple of brief snatches of playing time, but I don't remember them actually having a clear part in the first team. McQueen seemed to get a few regular chances though, probably enough to make his claim if he was worth a regular place.

No loss!

You reckon?

If we've got a manager who wants to play a high-intensity, aggressive defensive strategy and likes to get the ball forward quickly in transition, and our only other fit strikers are Austin and Gabbi, I would say it's quite a big loss.

Well I like this Ralph Chappy already - he has bought me a drink before the game as long as I am in earlier than 30 mins before kick off to use my voucher!!

....................oh hang on he's trying to get me sozzled so that I don't notice that nothing has changed!!!!!:D

Yes except the free drink I got sent is for SATURDAY

You reckon?

If we've got a manager who wants to play a high-intensity, aggressive defensive strategy and likes to get the ball forward quickly in transition, and our only other fit strikers are Austin and Gabbi, I would say it's quite a big loss.

i would agree, ironically the way RH wants them to play would suit Long....probably not as a goal scorer but certainly in terms of pressing and intensity

Lawro with his finger on the pulse as ever...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46555484

"Looking at Southampton's squad, they will have to act in January if they want results to improve significantly. If they want to stay in this division, they will need to gamble.

That could mean spending £50-60m but, after all the players they have sold in the past few years, Saints must have the cash. The question is, are they prepared to spend it?"

Edited by trousers

Looking forward to going into a side against a big team and not just sitting and waiting to get beat. Hopefully we’ll take it to what is going to be a makeshift defence and play on the front foot. Appreciate this depends largely on a couple of our injured players returning, but if that’s the case then no reason we can’t take the game to them.

Is it me or does Ralph look like he has just realised he was sold a dream by Krueger and in reality he has been dealt a very sh*t hand with the personnel we have!

It’s you, Ralph looks like someone who knows there’s a challenge ahead but believes he can sort it.

I think we are going to see surprises in the line up Sunday and although we will likely lose, we will see more energy and commitment from the players. This is the first time this season I am excited for a match. COYR

Is it me or does Ralph look like he has just realised he was sold a dream by Krueger and in reality he has been dealt a very sh*t hand with the personnel we have!

Yeah you ya idiot. Was it an eyebrow move, or a curled lip that gave you that information?

It’s you, Ralph looks like someone who knows there’s a challenge ahead but believes he can sort it.

I think we are going to see surprises in the line up Sunday and although we will likely lose, we will see more energy and commitment from the players. This is the first time this season I am excited for a match. COYR

Yep, it’s nice to feel excited about going to a game for the first time in ages.

Yeah you ya idiot. Was it an eyebrow move, or a curled lip that gave you that information?

"The guys have invested a lot this week; we are talking about a style that has many new things for some of them and it is a process that doesn't change just from one day to another."

More when he said this!

I do admire Ralph’s optimism though- he knows he has a challenge and is truly embracing it.

Feeling weirdly confident for this one- just wish it was a Saturday 3pm

"The guys have invested a lot this week; we are talking about a style that has many new things for some of them and it is a process that doesn't change just from one day to another."

More when he said this!

I do admire Ralph’s optimism though- he knows he has a challenge and is truly embracing it.

Feeling weirdly confident for this one- just wish it was a Saturday 3pm

So it will be 22 and a half hours till kick off?

Have Hesketh and Sims ever really been given a chance in the team? I know there have been a couple of brief snatches of playing time, but I don't remember them actually having a clear part in the first team. McQueen seemed to get a few regular chances though, probably enough to make his claim if he was worth a regular place.
Hesketh , Sims , Reed , Jomes Mc Queen all need to be sold and moved never going to make the grade in the Prem .....free up more space and wages

Has kbilly got any clues as to what the team could be for tomorrow?
Haven't heard from him, have we? Maybe the new regime is tighter with info.

FWIW my guess is

McCarthy

Cedric(if fit, or Valery) Stephens (hopeful recovered, or Yoshida) Bednarek Targett

Romeu

Lemina Hojbjerg

Redmond Ings/Gabbiadini Armstrong

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haven't heard from him, have we? Maybe the new regime is tighter with info.

FWIW my guess is

McCarthy

Cedric(if fit, or Valery) Stephens (hopeful recovered, or Yoshida) Bednarek Targett

Romeu

Lemina Hojbjerg

Redmond Ings/Gabbiadini Armstrong

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree with this Shroppie :)