Saints vs Arsenal - Build up

SuperSAINT

If Romeu is back to being the shield for the back 4 like he was under Puel, then for me he definitely starts. But yes is he's expected to do anything more than that then I'd be sceptical. I have a feeling Ralph will deploy him in that role he had under Puel though. Think Long may start too if he's fit enough, get in their faces from the off.

If Romeu is back to being the shield for the back 4 like he was under Puel, then for me he definitely starts. But yes is he's expected to do anything more than that then I'd be sceptical. I have a feeling Ralph will deploy him in that role he had under Puel though. Think Long may start too if he's fit enough, get in their faces from the off.

A Romeu firing on all cylinders again will come in very handy protecting the back 4 against a team like Arsenal.

A Romeu firing on all cylinders again will come in very handy protecting the back 4 against a team like Arsenal.

I agree. Play to his strengths and he could be vital to us, he was exceptional in that season under Puel. Really hope he can find that form under Ralph.

Also important they come out from the start, get the crowd noisy. There will be a buzz before we start, but if we come out pressing and closing down, it could get the crowd going. Really excited for this one, don’t see us winning, but excited to see a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think we will play well, we will press and be harder to break down. Sadly I think a mistake will cost us.

Hopefully Ralph has given them a presentation and motivational speech about why making mistakes is bad and to cut it out from now on.

Also important they come out from the start, get the crowd noisy. There will be a buzz before we start, but if we come out pressing and closing down, it could get the crowd going. Really excited for this one, don’t see us winning, but excited to see a change.

The problem is lunchtime kick offs aren't condusive to a great noisy atmosphere .... not enough booze consumed for the boozy element, and empty rumbling stomachs angry at missing out on Full On Sunday Roast and having to make do with a soggy pie or bag of crisps!!

The problem is lunchtime kick offs aren't condusive to a great noisy atmosphere .... not enough booze consumed for the boozy element, and empty rumbling stomachs angry at missing out on Full On Sunday Roast and having to make do with a soggy pie or bag of crisps!!

You had better hurry up and get round mine just putting a decent Sunday Breakfast on! That’ll set you up a treat :D

I'm not sure how anyone can have read the article on the official web site and not think Romeu is the first name on the team sheet.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-15/tactical-watch-oriol-romeu-saints-vs-arsenal-premier-league-1819

Because a good number of our fans don't really understand how football works...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

We are going to win today. Arsenal’s unbeaten run is over achievement. Today it ends.

I was looking at their forum, they're still a bit wary of us. St Mary's is a bogey ground for them apparently, although I'd argue it's a bogey ground for us too, so that equals things out on that front.

Think Romeu, Cedric and Hojbjerg are all one yellow away from a ban.

Wouldn't want any to miss Huddersfield, especially Cedric given the absolute lack of full back cover.

That's not true is it we have Valery who was good against man u and awful against Cardiff. Cedric is better but he is going to pick up his last yellow for a ban sooner of later I don't see the point in not playing players to try avoid 5 yellows.

Also that is impressive from Romeu managing to pick up so four yellows given he has only made nine league appearances (and four of those where as a sub) and 10 tackles this season :lol:

No Lemina in the squad. Tyreke Johnson on the bench - don't know anything about him personally.

Only 1 CB for Arsenal, looks like Lichtsteiner will be the other CB alongside Koscielny - still think we'll get smashed but we might be able to get a goal past them.

Bit surprised that after everything we heard about his style of play he's decided to go 3 at the back after one game in charge and in his first home game.

On day one at the club Hasenhuttl said his favoured systems are 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3.

We are playing 3-4-3 today, so it isn't a huge surprise given he said it was one of his three favoured formations.

On day one at the club Hasenhuttl said his favoured systems are 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3.

We are playing 3-4-3 today, so it isn't a huge surprise given he said it was one of his three favoured formations.

Fair enough, missed that interview.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk