Players upset already allegedly

brett24

Do you know what I couldn't care less the club made a rod for their own back ever since they sided with some players against Puel. Since then we hear stories of players being upset about this and upset about every few weeks. ****'em they get paid a fortune to have a pretty cushie lifestyle compared to the majority of the fan base who are paying a lot of hard earned cash to watch them swan around a pitch thinking they are better than they are. Hopeful this time the club will back the manager and any player who doesn't like it can just **** right of.

Players already got the hump with the new training regime apparently. Being made to train at the same time as the game. So 4pm kick off the players are training at 4pm for that week. Not going down well at all.

I’m starting to see why some of our supporters hate the players. The problem for the players this time is their abject, ****ty performances mean they’re not really working from a position of power.

Do you know what I couldn't care less the club made a rod for their own back ever since they sided with some players against Puel. Since then we hear stories of players being upset about this and upset about every few weeks. ****'em they get paid a fortune to have a pretty cushie lifestyle compared to the majority of the fan base who are paying a lot of hard earned cash to watch them swan around a pitch thinking they are better than they are. Hopeful this time the club will back the manager and any player who doesn't like it can just **** right of.

Thanks, you saved me having to write basically the same thing. Assuming of course the OP's report is correct.

They trained afternoon last Thursday because they played weds night which seems logical to me. Normally they would come in for gentle session day after game but because of short time before Cardiff game Ralph felt he needed to maximise the time he had with players. As far as I could see Friday session was normal time then they travelled to Cardiff in afternoon.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

If true, just highlights what a bunch of ******s we have and why we are shyte.

I remember when Koeman said he gave the players a day off but they insisted on coming in for extra training

We were quite good then.

It is times like this I hope Kelvin earns his wages.

I have no problem with this (if true).

The key is that the Board back the manager and let disruptive players leave. And accept that we will probably have to sell some for a loss. Recouping some money is better than paying wages to players who don’t contribute (and will give us funds to buy better players).

Otherwise, they’ll have to end up backing the players over the manager (and getting them a manager who gives them an easy life and tells them they’re all great).

Seem to recall the Spurs players similarly didn't like the training under Poch when he first joined them...

Good parallel. And they reacted the same to AVB apparently.

Their Board backed the players and sacked AVB (replaced him with their mate Tim Sherwood). They learned their lesson after Sherwood and backed Poch ever since.

Hoedt.............

Didn't Hoedt make a comment that they never did any defensive drills under Hughes? Maybe he's one of the few happy ones.

After the Cardiff game I'm surprised you still hate him, he looks to be one of the better ones (which is quite a remarkable situation).

Sounds a bit dubious to me, like a Daily Mail story. 'Precious overpaid footballers afraid to do work' etc. A little too much like someone saying what everyone wants to here (not pointing at the OP necessarily). I'd have thought the players would be more upset over the years of pathetic failure than having to work late in to the ungodly hours of er... 4pm.

Time for a massive clear out then - too many players take the money and has contributed nothing worthy of note for over two seasons.

It concerns me that whoever the manager is, whatever the system; if we go mentally weak, lack confidence etc when we shoot or defend it doesn't make any difference.

I do not understand 'lack of confidence', if you are technically proficient you can shoot when you need to shoot,welly the ball into row Z when you need to defend under pressure.

Didn't Hoedt make a comment that they never did any defensive drills under Hughes? Maybe he's one of the few happy ones.

After the Cardiff game I'm surprised you still hate him, he looks to be one of the better ones (which is quite a remarkable situation).

Hoedt has made mistakes like that on a constant basis, but has got away with many of them. I want to be proved wrong with him, but having seen him play for Lazio and now us, I don't think it'll happen.

Wouldn't surprise me. I remember seeing an interview with Rickie Lambert when Pochetino was manager here. The players were unhappy then that Pochetino was making them do high intensity runs over and over again, so Lambert and one other senior player were appointed to speak to Pochetino and tell them the players felt they were being worked too hard. Supposedly Pochentino listened and smiled and said "okay" Lambert went back to the team to tell them it was sorted only for Pochetino to make them do even more runs at the next session. Lets hope new Ralph does the same.

Hoedt has made mistakes like that on a constant basis, but has got away with many of them. I want to be proved wrong with him, but having seen him play for Lazio and now us, I don't think it'll happen.

Credit where it's due though, Hoedt normally makes the mistake in an area where he has chance to recover, make another mistake, recover, make another mistake - by which point the rest of the team have managed to get back to help him out :o

(on a serious note, I don't think anyone has made a mistake as bad or in as critical a position as Vestergaard did on Saturday)

Credit where it's due though, Hoedt normally makes the mistake in an area where he has chance to recover, make another mistake, recover, make another mistake - by which point the rest of the team have managed to get back to help him out :o

(on a serious note, I don't think anyone has made a mistake as bad or in as critical a position as Vestergaard did on Saturday)

Lol. Sadly not as bad as that one Saturday. Usually a Yoshida trick that one.

I will be able to verify if this is true or not at some point today. I know that Klopp uses the same idea about training at the kick off times.

Cheers LeG, any kind of info from the training ground is much appreciated. Can we say that until LeG, K Billy, Guan or ericb has confirmed this it’s no more then gossip?

Even if this is not the case, that Targett is already commenting on the increased intensity and focus is encouraging. It just shows how far standards have slipped at the club, fingers crossed it's not too late to reverse this damage before the otherwise inevitable drop occurs.

I will be able to verify if this is true or not at some point today. I know that Klopp uses the same idea about training at the kick off times.
its logical and very sensible. This type of thing Cortese brought to the club. The way they would take the mattresses to the hotels etc , it seems to have been binned

With all due respect I'm going to give this one a wide berth for now. I get that we are now in the snowflake generation, but I don't believe that professional sportsmen can't realise that they need a bloody great boot up the arse to improve performance.

Due to the way the body works coupled with eating patterns etc it is recommended by many top sports science people to train hard at roughly the time of day when you will be doing your race/run etc so makes perfect sense to me.

I f they don't like it then it shows they have been far too pampered but IMO with what we have had to endure they are in no position to complain about it.

Even if this is not the case, that Targett is already commenting on the increased intensity and focus is encouraging. It just shows how far standards have slipped at the club, fingers crossed it's not too late to reverse this damage before the otherwise inevitable drop occurs.

I'm pretty sure all the players where banging on about better training with more intensity when Mope took over and then again when Hughes took over. It does seem to be a stock line that players wheel out every time they get a new manager.