Players upset already allegedly

brett24

TBF, I'm sure most of the players feel the same about our dopey quiet fans. No excuse for being sh*te though.

Don't turn it on the fans. It's been 2/3 years of absolute horrific stuff at home, no goals, no action. I think the guys who are still going need ****ing medals.

Don't turn it on the fans. It's been 2/3 years of absolute horrific stuff at home, no goals, no action. I think the guys who are still going need ****ing medals.

This all day long. I hate it when some clever ass looks up and says its the fans fault, there's no atmosphere blah blah blah. Bull**** ! They should think themselves lucky the fans haven't turned on them.

I believe that we’re training more or at different times, but I don’t buy the players are particularly upset about it. MOST will be pleased if they’re pushed and organised more, imo. I’ve been pretty critical of them, but I reckon for every lazy twt that’s “upset” they’ll be 2 happy to have a change of emphasis and a more intense approach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, stupidly I still have a season ticket and attend a lot of away games, maybe I’m trying to convince myself it will get better soon.

I hope the players are upset and annoyed, it's about time someone put them firmly in their place. If something like this helps accelerate their departures then even better, because half the squad needs replacing.

The players are (for the most part) the reason we're in this mess, so I have zero sympathy for them at all.

Seem to recall the Spurs players similarly didn't like the training under Poch when he first joined them...

Was the same when he was here.

Shocked by the intensity at which Pochettino had his players working after a matchday, Lambert and former Saints defender Jos Hooiveld looked to persuade their manager to change his ways.

“I thought, it was me and Jos Hooiveld who actually had the bottle to go into his [Pochettino’s] room and pull him to one side, very respectfully.

“I said ‘Mauricio listen, I understand what you’re trying to do but I just think you’re pushing us too much on a Monday and you need to calm it down, we’re not used to it so maybe build it up a bit later.’

“Mauricio was dead polite he said ‘yes, that’s fine I understand’ – we shook hands, I went out and we went back to the lads made up thinking ‘yep, just done it for you boys, next Monday gonna be sorted.

“So, played the game [the next weekend], 90 minutes again, come in Monday, not only did we do 12, we did 24 runs – 24 runs and I just knew, I was running around laughing and almost crying and I knew what he was doing"

So after two training sessions they’re upset? Nonsense

This thread should be closed as it’s clearly made up

Articles out today saying they’re impressed so far with what they’re seeing. Not that you’d expect anything else

Agree, close the thread or edit the title.

Probably a comment or two taken out of context I suspect. Given where we are in the league , as a player, you'd have to be a bit of a tit to openly complain about a higher work rate. Outside of the celebrity insanity, generally top earners in this country have exceptional talent and work the hardest. I think RH is just what this club needs, even if it takes a little time to bear fruit. Liverpool and Citeh aren't where they are just because they have more talented players.

...."scnell Austin, scnell !"

Whether or not the rumour is true, I suspect that one of the first things Hasenhuttl will be doing is looking for any "bad apples". If he finds any they will get short shrift.

It also wouldn't surprise me if he threw in the odd "two-a-day" because his style needs a higher level of fitness than they've shown so far. That'll go down like a fart in church with some of them.

Probably a comment or two taken out of context I suspect. Given where we are in the league , as a player, you'd have to be a bit of a tit to openly complain about a higher work rate. Outside of the celebrity insanity, generally top earners in this country have exceptional talent and work the hardest. I think RH is just what this club needs, even if it takes a little time to bear fruit. Liverpool and Citeh aren't where they are just because they have more talented players.

...."scnell Austin, scnell !"

Very good post.

We need to snap out of the mundane attitude that has gripped the club for the past few seasons.

I remember a comment from Puels season where apparently players were frustrated about standards slipping.... Bertie if I recall correctly.

Time to reset.

Every evening Mon to Fri amateur players train. They don't get paid,are quite proud to be selected and work their socks off for their team,Manager and Dads and Mums who turn out in all weathers. They love their football and most of them would be honoured to play for the Clubs they support. Even very mediocre players in the Prem are on £40-60k per week and even when they don't play still get paid. It's about time some of these Pros woke up to reality and endeavour to entertain us. I hope Ralph kicks a couple of arses before Sunday's game because if these players think they are bullet proof then they don't understand the term iconoclastic .

A small comment at the end of the Targett interview:

"There were a lot of details in his meetings. Longer meetings than previously. More detailed, which is good." No complaint there then.

As for the fitness aspect, I've never known an amateur player not to want the little short sided game at the end of a session, and there's always half-hearted grumbles at the time of doing the fitness work, but everybody knows it's needed. I can't see professionals being any different.

“Southampton players I speak to say they have been impressed by Hasenhuttl since he has arrived...” (Jamie Redknapp)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6477325/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-Liverpool-avoid-curse-Thursday-nights.html

My first thought when reading your post was “Austin”. Low and behold he says “Austin should be given a run in the side”

Duuno if I believe the notion that players are unhappy after a couple of sessions.

On a wider point regarding professional athletes... Footballers really do seem to be the laziest bunch of prima Donnas ever to walk the face of the earth.

If I can work an 8 hour day bookended by a 90 minute commute either side and still get out for 10 mile/70 minute runs in the evening then these miserable f*ckwitts can surely do double sessions!!

Get angry with the players for not trying their hardest, yes. Get angry with the players for an attitude problem that might be entirely fabricated by some bloke on the internet? Calm down and get perspective. Too many people believe every story that's fed to them on this site. Half of the stories regularly treated as fact have only ever been pure speculation.

Although I do agree about players being pampered, overpaid, don't know how good they've got it etc etc, I can also understand them not being happy with suddenly having twice the workload and cancelled days off. Not saying they are justified in it, but it's a natural reaction.

Not many sit or stand at work thinking "man this is easy, they should probably make me work a bit more" - if your boss asked you to do some extra hours or come in on your day off because the company was struggling, what would your reaction be? At best it would be "ok I'll do it but not exactly chuffed about it".

It's totally fair enough to think that footballers live in a bubble with no perspective, but if they do then they are bound to the same emotions and reactions that we all are when it comes to work!

I approve of all of this. It's simple, at any level the fitter you are in a sport you are more likely to give yourself the chance to succeed. We have conceded SO many late goals and get over run late on, that fitness has to be addressed. And god forbid they have to train at a different hour - they still have it so so easy. Their performances don't deserve luxuries. They can have days off when they start doing what their paid to do, win games. It's only been 3 months since they last did that.

Hopefully, whether this is true or not, he weeds out the moaners.

I remember Strachan at an AGM saying, in response to my question about players having tee shirts printed with "I survived Strachan's pre season" and complaining about feeling tired, he said that if the players were physically fit they were also mentally fit. They needed to be prepared to play 100 not just 90 minutes. He followed that with, "I'll tell them when they're tired".

Although I do agree about players being pampered, overpaid, don't know how good they've got it etc etc, I can also understand them not being happy with suddenly having twice the workload and cancelled days off. Not saying they are justified in it, but it's a natural reaction.

Not many sit or stand at work thinking "man this is easy, they should probably make me work a bit more" - if your boss asked you to do some extra hours or come in on your day off because the company was struggling, what would your reaction be? At best it would be "ok I'll do it but not exactly chuffed about it".

It's totally fair enough to think that footballers live in a bubble with no perspective, but if they do then they are bound to the same emotions and reactions that we all are when it comes to work!

The analogy doesn’t work at all I’m afraid. They earn in a week what most of us earn in a year, if we are very fortunate.

If you want to earn that kind of money then you can expect to work at company’s leisure and not yours!

it really is a fair analogy - it doesnt typically matter what you earn - you get used to it and so earning the same for doing more can be annoying. If anything how well paid they are is testament to how preciously they are treated and in fact may take it worse than people like us paid a normal wage and just used to accepting ****! Not saying i agree they should be annoyed but the previous poster is correct in my opinion.

Get angry with the players for not trying their hardest, yes. Get angry with the players for an attitude problem that might be entirely fabricated by some bloke on the internet? Calm down and get perspective. Too many people believe every story that's fed to them on this site. Half of the stories regularly treated as fact have only ever been pure speculation.

Did the OP have a Russian IP Address? :)

it really is a fair analogy - it doesnt typically matter what you earn - you get used to it and so earning the same for doing more can be annoying. If anything how well paid they are is testament to how preciously they are treated and in fact may take it worse than people like us paid a normal wage and just used to accepting ****! Not saying i agree they should be annoyed but the previous poster is correct in my opinion.

But not when it involves top level sport. To stay at the top and earn the bug bucks you work hard as required and then some more.

If not, **** off to league 2 and earn 90% less.

They looked happy starting training at 11-00am this morning.

15 minutes of stretching and sprints followed by a straight intense match.

Thought it would be harder but then they could of done mental training on Monday.

Long and Ings did gym work and outside light work so I can’t see them back on Sunday.

But not when it involves top level sport. To stay at the top and earn the bug bucks you work hard as required and then some more.

If not, **** off to league 2 and earn 90% less.

But that's not how footballers see it, even if they should. It's a job - they have their hours and they get paid. Yes, perhaps they should have been volunteering to do extra sessions for the past seasons based on their performance, but if they haven't been, then they are quite clearly content with their lot.

I'm sure they want to be successful, but it's no different to someone working 9-5 instead of 8-8 because they value work-life balance over a promotion. If we get relegated, they'll just find another club (job).

Longer term I doubt there will be problems, especially (or only) if we see success on the pitch. But understandable that it may initially irk some of the players (even if they deserve it!)