Players upset already allegedly

brett24

I will be able to verify if this is true or not at some point today. I know that Klopp uses the same idea about training at the kick off times.

Any update on this LeG? We have a good set of professional's despite what some on here think (Bertrand one for example who seems to have a reputation which is far from the reality) so I personally don't see it being the case.

Thanks

Although I do agree about players being pampered, overpaid, don't know how good they've got it etc etc, I can also understand them not being happy with suddenly having twice the workload and cancelled days off. Not saying they are justified in it, but it's a natural reaction.

Not many sit or stand at work thinking "man this is easy, they should probably make me work a bit more" - if your boss asked you to do some extra hours or come in on your day off because the company was struggling, what would your reaction be? At best it would be "ok I'll do it but not exactly chuffed about it".

It's totally fair enough to think that footballers live in a bubble with no perspective, but if they do then they are bound to the same emotions and reactions that we all are when it comes to work!

If my performance at work was as inadequate and incompetent as the performances of this expensive bunch of ****s has been for the best part of 2 years and I was asked to do some extra hours/work harder I would expect it, accept it, and wonder why the hell no-one had asked of me to do it before.

But that's not how footballers see it, even if they should. It's a job - they have their hours and they get paid. Yes, perhaps they should have been volunteering to do extra sessions for the past seasons based on their performance, but if they haven't been, then they are quite clearly content with their lot.

I'm sure they want to be successful, but it's no different to someone working 9-5 instead of 8-8 because they value work-life balance over a promotion. If we get relegated, they'll just find another club (job).

Longer term I doubt there will be problems, especially (or only) if we see success on the pitch. But understandable that it may initially irk some of the players (even if they deserve it!)

They get plenty of work life balance whether in the PL or League 2. It’s not a job, it’s a hobby and a bloody brilliant one, which gets paid extremely generously.

I suggest if any of them are under any illusions about listening intently and respectfully to their manager and carrying out his wishes they f*ck off out of this football club in the next window. The pathetic application of this group is inexcusable and embarrassing given their top level experience/international caps as a collective in comparison to the other clubs around them.

When you can’t sell out at home to Man Utd you know it’s time to ship a bunch of these over complacent fellas out at the first opportunity.

The day I hear a footballer complaining about work life balance is the day I never set foot in a stadium again [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They get plenty of work life balance whether in the PL or League 2. It’s not a job, it’s a hobby and a bloody brilliant one, which gets paid extremely generously.

I suggest if any of them are under any illusions about listening intently and respectfully to their manager and carrying out his wishes they f*ck off out of this football club in the next window. The pathetic application of this group is inexcusable and embarrassing given their top level experience/international caps as a collective in comparison to the other clubs around them.

When you can’t sell out at home to Man Utd you know it’s time to ship a bunch of these over complacent fellas out at the first opportunity.

The day I hear a footballer complaining about work life balance is the day I never set foot in a stadium again [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but that is not how the players will see it. I am not excusing them - I agree that if they don't like it, then tough, the situation calls for it and they have (arguably) brought it on themselves. All I am trying to explain is that footballers do not see their jobs in the same way that fans do and that being initially put out by an increase in workload is a natural human reaction. (Also, to counter your first point, if they saw playing football as a hobby rather than a job, why on earth would they feel compelled to work harder if they don't want to?)

I agree with you, but that is not how the players will see it. I am not excusing them - I agree that if they don't like it, then tough, the situation calls for it and they have (arguably) brought it on themselves. All I am trying to explain is that footballers do not see their jobs in the same way that fans do and that being initially put out by an increase in workload is a natural human reaction. (Also, to counter your first point, if they saw playing football as a hobby rather than a job, why on earth would they feel compelled to work harder if they don't want to?)

Poch said he paid the players to train, and by heck he make them train damn hard.

And the players that trained hard enhanced their careers and did well for themselves.

I'm with our manager.

Poch said he paid the players to train, and by heck he make them train damn hard.

And the players that trained hard enhanced their careers and did well for themselves.

I'm with our manager.

i feel like with the wages we pay, most players are just happy on their contracts that they no longer care...

if i remember correctly, wasn't Alderweireld on just 40k a week with us? Clasie on £30k? I think Fonte was highest paid with £50k back in our 2014-15 season...

now even the average ones like Shane Long are on that, as is Jack Stephens etc etc...

i feel like with the wages we pay, most players are just happy on their contracts that they no longer care...

I was struck by a quote from Norwegian press when Elyounoussi signed, saying that he was delighted to have signed for us as now his financial future was secure for life (or words to that effect); and I thought at the time, does this sound like a player who is hungry for success on the field???

I don't think we've witnessed much "hunger" or heard much frustration from him about his failure to make much of an impact.

Maybe there's a touch of the Sagonowskis about him and he'll suddenly look highly motivated towards the end of his contract.

Lets face it, on the money they earn and the nature of their employment, they should all be at tip top fitness all the time. It beggars belief that any sportsman earning lottery winning style wages wouldn't be. If their not, people are being cheated including themselves......

Tend to agree. If the club hasn't been tough with them, they should get tough on themselves and get themselves to peak fitness. They have the time and the financial resources.

They should, but these are footballers we're talking about. I look at Charlie Austin and I think it's disgraceful that he has allowed himself to become that unfit, but I find more frustrating that coaches and the manager aren't seeing it and telling him - or perhaps, earning THEIR money and coach him back to an appropriate level of fitness!