Yoshida - Asian Cup

Dusic

So Maya is in the squad for the Asian Cup, which is due to last pretty much the whole of January.

January is a hugely key month for Saints.

Would not suprise me if Hasenhuttl plans without him from now rather than have a hopefully settled back four ripped up when he goes.

Also, have to say Yoshida has been very poor this season when he has played - clearly something went on in the summer with him.

What a ridiculous and unpleasant remark for one of our most loyal and dedicated players

I'd take quality over dedication any day. Rather have 11 VVD's than 11 Benali's or Yoshidas.

Surely you can only base "Loyality" on whether he has been approached by another club. Are you telling me if "Bigger Club" popped in a bid for him he would say "No i'm so loyal and dedicated to Saints"

Highly unlikely.

Edited by Cabbage_Face

in a way, I think this could be a positive

we all know he needs a run of games before he is up to speed and decent- he starts for Japan I think so maybe putting him in a competitive environment in tournament football when games come thick and fast will do him some good.

Loyalty isn't required on a player's part if there hasn't been bid for him.

Considering that he was subject to a bid from a club in Qatar/UAE either last summer or prior, then loyalty has played a part for him.

He has been a part of our most successful sides in living memory. He is not the only player who has recently underwhelmed and deserves a chance under out new coach.

So Maya is in the squad for the Asian Cup, which is due to last pretty much the whole of January.

January is a hugely key month for Saints.

Would not suprise me if Hasenhuttl plans without him from now rather than have a hopefully settled back four ripped up when he goes.

Also, have to say Yoshida has been very poor this season when he has played - clearly something went on in the summer with him.

Yoshida is always worse when he is in and out of the team and not playing regularly. As our most experienced CB and imo still the best CB we have ( not that the bar I very high on that one) he should have been playing regularly all season which would have improved his game no end.

I do agree though if he isn't going to be here for a whole month it might be better trying to get a partnership going between the other CB options. Chopping and changing the back four/five constantly has done us no favours this season.

Loyalty isn't required on a player's part if there hasn't been bid for him.

There was a bid which reed accepted it was Yoshida who didn't want to go which reed didn't like as it last chance

for quite a large pay day for club hence why he was frozen out

Maybe his problem is the indoctrination by Puel and Pellegrino regarding the holy grail of possession at all costs. Hoedt, Bertrand, Targett, Bednerek, Soares, Stephens and Yoshida all have been caught in possession through not clearing it. Yoshida was at fault against MU, tried to take possession and lost the ball instead of kicking it away, and for Herrera's goal tried not to give a corner away and tried to flick a boot at it. Hughes obviously didn't do anything about that. Maybe now Hasenhuttl will get them to put their boot through it if there is the slightest danger then hunt it down in a pack in midfield or up front to get it back.

Years ago when I was doing my pilot training, All Nippon pilots were trained there and I remember there was a major criticism of the Japanese mentality due to a widespread lack of flexibility. They were brilliant at learning by numbers but hopeless at using their initiative, which caused problems when presented with unusual or multiple failures during training. In other words they do as they are told rigidly.

He might be a nice bloke but Yoshida was only ever good enough to be third place centre back behind Fonte, Lovren, Toby and vVD in recent years.

The fact he is now considered to be our best CB at the moment is part of the reason we are in the position we are, diluting a strong squad with average replacements. Cabbage is right when he says his loyalty only extends as far as the size of the team that come in for him, I’m sure if United decided they need to flog more shirts in Japan and made an offer he’d be off like a shot regardles of how much game time he is likely to get.

I’m not sure any of our current CB’s are in Ralphs plans come January, he’s no fool and I’m sure has been promised a transfer kitty of some kind for the Transfer Window. We wouldn’t get a manager so highly regarded without promising him funds surely.