Hasenhuttl to leave if saints get relegated?

ChiefScummer

If we get relegated he'll be sacked and everyone on here will be calling for that as well.

Not necessarily depends on the way we go down. If we don't win a game between now and the end of the season then sure. If we go down by a point or on goal difference having clearly improved the fans would probably give him more time to try and get us promoted the following season.

If we get relegated he'll be sacked and everyone on here will be calling for that as well.

No, no and thrice no. We have finally appointed a top notch manager who won't be blamed if the players don't perform. I sincerely believe the club will stand by their man - yes, I heard the same reassurances of mutual loyalty if relegation ensues. We must back him with our support and the club will (hopefully) back him in his player sifting, in and out.

Relax, we will finish safely mid-table after some greatly improved performances (but also some heavy defeats while we learn). Ralph will then be poached by a bigger club a few weeks before the summer transfer window closes next year and we'll start the circus all over again :)

Relax, we will finish safely mid-table after some greatly improved performances (but also some heavy defeats while we learn). Ralph will then be poached by a bigger club a few weeks before the summer transfer window closes next year and we'll start the circus all over again :)

If he greatly improves us and we finish mid table, you can bet your ar se that those spuds w#nkers will be snooping around if poch goes to Madrid. If he does turn out to be excellent I would hope the board do everything they can to keep him here. Give him a pay rise and give him money so he can build his own project here. Here's to hoping we'll be back in Europe soon.

No, no and thrice no. We have finally appointed a top notch manager who won't be blamed if the players don't perform. I sincerely believe the club will stand by their man - yes, I heard the same reassurances of mutual loyalty if relegation ensues. We must back him with our support and the club will (hopefully) back him in his player sifting, in and out.

Although I quietly agree with you I think it is too early to absolutely sure we have the right man. That said, the article actually says he would do the honourable thing and fall on his sword which is slightly different than 'wanting' to leave. So yes, assuming a huge improvement and a clear sign we are building in the right direction I am sure the board, fans and players would support him.

My own view is that if he is half as good as we think he is we should be safe by March. Relegation would be a surprise to me for sure.

To finish "safely mid- table" he will probably need 35 points from the remaining 22 games. 8 of those games are against the top 6 yet he will need to average more than 1.5 points per game across those 22 games.

1.5 points per game from the start of the season will get you very close or even into Europe in most seasons.

If he can even average a point per game we only get to 31 points.

I think some people are building to much expectation in their minds and will only be disappointed as a result.

If he keeps us up, even by a point on the last day, he will have done a fantastic job.

Far too idealistic. Top notch manager, blame the players blah blah blah. Genuinely have a think about the state of tge fan base if we go down this season. Atmosphere will be toxic and chairman down to the ticket office will be blamed. If we go down it means we've won very little games and we won't be sat there talking about what a top manager we've got. We'd be frothing at the mouth at everyone including him because we'd have to be still be really **** to go down at this stage. The quality in this league is awful at the bottom. It's not hard to get us out of it. This is a easier job than Hughes had last year and he managed to just do it. There's alot more time to get results and impose a style. If we go down we'll have gone another 5 months with bad results and that will simply get him the boot because he even said himself is first job is to get us safe.

Let's just take one step at a time. On Sunday we get to see Ralph Hasenhüttl in action for the first time on our own turf and I for one and really looking forward to it. OK, we expect to lose but what if we don't, that we actually snatch a victory; then the world view of Saints would look a whole lot different than it does now.

I accept also that if we get a drubbing form the Gunners then a few doubts will start entering the minds of the faint hearted.

We have lost a lot of ground already and it won't be easy to haul us back to safety as the other clubs are not going to suddenly start losing every match just to please us. Matches against the top six will be just as important to us as the others from now on. There are no games we can afford to lose starting on Sunday.

I really believe our luck has run out & this is the year we will sadly get relegated.... The team is in such a state that there simply isn't enough time to repair the damage, it doesn't help that there isn't any funds to repair the damage either

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I really believe our luck has run out & this is the year we will sadly get relegated.... The team is in such a state that there simply isn't enough time to repair the damage, it doesn't help that there isn't any funds to repair the damage either

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Plus 1

To finish "safely mid- table" he will probably need 35 points from the remaining 22 games. 8 of those games are against the top 6 yet he will need to average more than 1.5 points per game across those 22 games.

1.5 points per game from the start of the season will get you very close or even into Europe in most seasons.

I think some people are building to much expectation in their minds and will only be disappointed as a result.

If he keeps us up, even by a point on the last day, he will have done a fantastic job.

Couldn't agree more, fans need to realise he has a huge job on his hands just to survive. That is our only target for the remainder of the season.

Good post. I think some people are failing to see how bad our current predicament is. We need a massive turn around to get out of this, and personally I can't see us making it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What is all this utter nonsense? We are literally three points from safety with 22 games to go. Chill the **** out.
We're not three points from safety. We're at least 25 points from safety, probably a few more to be certain.

7 or 8 more wins needed. Plenty to do.

lol. This will be a fun bump in 5 months.

Considering 8th and a cup final wasn't enough for most of our fans, i'll be shocked if he keeps his job after 23 games in charge and gets relegated. If we get relegated then he'll have likely done no better than Pellegrino (28pts in 30 games), and a hell of a lot worse than Puel.

What is all this utter nonsense? We are literally three points from safety with 22 games to go. Chill the **** out.

We just need to get level with the team in 17th place ASAP and then I believe we will outpoint anyone in the bottom half of the league.

It’s so important we are not 6 points adrift come the start of 2019 as the belief from the players might become a problem.

We just need to get level with the team in 17th place ASAP and then I believe we will outpoint anyone in the bottom half of the league.

It’s so important we are not 6 points adrift come the start of 2019 as the belief from the players might become a problem.

Said exactly the same to someone yesterday. It's like the season for us starts now. Once RH has us performing as he wants us I can see our form being comfortably mid-table. The important thing is getting us into that form quickly so we don't start from too far behind.

lol. This will be a fun bump in 5 months.

Considering 8th and a cup final wasn't enough for most of our fans, i'll be shocked if he keeps his job after 23 games in charge and gets relegated. If we get relegated then he'll have likely done no better than Pellegrino (28pts in 30 games), and a hell of a lot worse than Puel.

Yeah... cos the only difference I can think of is that they had a world class centre back and creative player in Tadic, other than that you're spot on.

only for half the season did he have VVD

Considering the number of games we took the lead under Hughes, if he'd had a VVD or at least replacement relatively close to the standard of VVD we would be mid table today... this theory would be despite Hughes not because of him, lets make that clear! Probably raking over old ground with this point...

I doubt he'd get sacked to be honest, so would only be if he resigns, I'd hope the board would convince him to stay, as I doubt we are going to get a better manager and he has experience of getting teams promoted.

I mean if we did get relegated you can't really blame him unless we got substantially worse, it would be like blaming Silva for Hull's relegation, the damage has already been done in lost points against similar teams, loss of confidence and poor level of ability in the team.