Danny Röhl

Maggie May

Following him on Twitter its pretty obvious he is looking for a new challenge, best part of 6 months since he left Hull. Personally would prefer him to work with Ralph rather than the u23s.

I would like to see Nigel Adkins back at Southampton FC in some sort of role - excellent manager for us (bar finishing runner up twice and not champions! - but hey ho look where we are now!) - a very good coach - likes players to be at the peak of fitness - no shirkers - would work well with Ralph. Plus i think we owe him a second chance at the club.

I would like to see Nigel Adkins back at Southampton FC in some sort of role - excellent manager for us (bar finishing runner up twice and not champions! - but hey ho look where we are now!) - a very good coach - likes players to be at the peak of fitness - no shirkers - would work well with Ralph. Plus i think we owe him a second chance at the club.

the romantic in me cant help but agree with the sentiment but is he really what we need? I think he would actually be a good assistant manager with Ralph (not expecting he would want to take that position) as his personality would play nicely alongside raplphs but as a DoF we sound like we are after someone who is going to get transfers done and dont know if hes teh man for that

I thought the consensus on here was that we already have too many ex-goalkeepers in our coaching setup ;)

That's an attractive prospect and I can (possibly through rose-tinted glasses) picture a dream team.

But Adkins would never take an assistant role and he's not a DOF, so never going to happen.

Nice fantasy, though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Davis as first team coach tells you everything you need to know. Hopelessly out of his depth.

How do you know that? People say he's a poor coach, but based on what? Cos he was a keeper? He may be great for all we know.

How do you know that? People say he's a poor coach, but based on what? Cos he was a keeper? He may be great for all we know.

Listen pal, people on internet forums say that's how it is, so that's how it is. Remember the days when people on this forum said Eric Black was the issue and all we had to do was get rid of him and everything would be great again, we'll we did and...….oh wait.

You seem unable to ever accept reality if it is contrary to your own opinion but you seem to be assured on the club finances and wage capacity. Tell me, are we still maxed out and unable to add any new players to the wage bill in January?

According to feedback from people within the club, Davis is not first team coach calibre. I’m unsure how he actually got a position. Actually, no I’m not. Promote from within to prevent spending money. I only think Ralph is still here because Gao won’t pay him off. I trust the the better judgement of people working in football or do you have inside knowledge in the coaching set-up, like you do with the club’s accounts? Are you still defending Gao? #GaoOut

You seem unable to ever accept reality if it is contrary to your own opinion but you seem to be assured on the club finances and wage capacity. Tell me, are we still maxed out and unable to add any new players to the wage bill in January?

According to feedback from people within the club, Davis is not first team coach calibre. I’m unsure how he actually got a position. Actually, no I’m not. Promote from within to prevent spending money. I only think Ralph is still here because Gao won’t pay him off. I trust the the better judgement of people working in football or do you have inside knowledge in the coaching set-up, like you do with the club’s accounts? Are you still defending Gao? #GaoOut

Jeez, you went off on a bit of a tangent there mate, but I'll stick to the point which is none of us have an idea what he's like as a coach. If there's any report to his coaching ability, post a link please because I've not seen anything at all. All I'm saying is I don't know if he's good, bad or indifferent whereas others are assuming he's bad based on nothing.

As for Gao, I'm not defending him. Have a crack at reading all the words and understanding them. As you seem hard of thinking though, all I've said is he's under no obligation to throw money at the club (if he has it) and from a business / investment perspective I can understand why he'd be reluctant. I hope that's clear enough for you.

Jeez, you went off on a bit of a tangent there mate, but I'll stick to the point which is none of us have an idea what he's like as a coach. If there's any report to his coaching ability, post a link please because I've not seen anything at all. All I'm saying is I don't know if he's good, bad or indifferent whereas others are assuming he's bad based on nothing.

As for Gao, I'm not defending him. Have a crack at reading all the words and understanding them. As you seem hard of thinking though, all I've said is he's under no obligation to throw money at the club (if he has it) and from a business / investment perspective I can understand why he'd be reluctant. I hope that's clear enough for you.

None of what you say is clear and logical. Not everyone’s information evolves from the Internet. In fact, most info I read on the Internet is utter b*llocks, here being no exception.

“Have a crack at reading all the words and understanding them”...LMAO You just can’t help being a patronising c***. I bet you’d argue with your own shadow. Gao is a terrible owner and needs to go. End of. Or do we have to be in league one for you to eventually wake up and smell the coffee. Some people defend the indefensible. I just find it bizarre that so-called Saints supporters can support or defend this joker chairman when it was quite clear from the outset that he was bad news. Still, you go ahead and keep tapping your Calculator in the club accounts office since you seem to know the inner workings and our wage bill and budgets and work out it’s not a sensible investment. Remind everyone about the choices of a chairman owning a football club when we are at the foot of the championship & ignore the obvious logic & maths that 2 or 3 key players now (ideally defence) could galvanise a squad and be the difference in maintaining PL status & the circa 150 million in television revenue. Of course, it isn’t the Chairman’s obligation to spend that money but he owns a feckin’ football club that is supposedly meant to compete. That’s the old fashioned idea of owning a club anyway. To succeed and win things. #GaoOut

None of what you say is clear and logical. Not everyone’s information evolves from the Internet. In fact, most info I read on the Internet is utter b*llocks, here being no exception.

“Have a crack at reading all the words and understanding them”...LMAO You just can’t help being a patronising c***. I bet you’d argue with your own shadow. Gao is a terrible owner and needs to go. End of. Or do we have to be in league one for you to eventually wake up and smell the coffee. Some people defend the indefensible. I just find it bizarre that so-called Saints supporters can support or defend this joker chairman when it was quite clear from the outset that he was bad news. Still, you go ahead and keep tapping your Calculator in the club accounts office since you seem to know the inner workings and our wage bill and budgets and work out it’s not a sensible investment. Remind everyone about the choices of a chairman owning a football club when we are at the foot of the championship & ignore the obvious logic & maths that 2 or 3 key players now (ideally defence) could galvanise a squad and be the difference in maintaining PL status & the circa 150 million in television revenue. Of course, it isn’t the Chairman’s obligation to spend that money but he owns a feckin’ football club that is supposedly meant to compete. That’s the old fashioned idea of owning a club anyway. To succeed and win things. #GaoOut

That's a long winded way of saying that you're just guessing that Davis is a poor coach, and that you'd like Gao to leave cos he can't / won't spend money.

That's a long winded way of saying that you're just guessing that Davis is a poor coach, and that you'd like Gao to leave cos he can't / won't spend money.

But Egg; he is right on both accounts - Kelvin Davis might be a nice bloke etc, but he was an ordinary Goalkeeper and on all the evidence is not much of a Coach. The Club needs better than Davis and Watson.

But Egg; he is right on both accounts - Kelvin Davis might be a nice bloke etc, but he was an ordinary Goalkeeper and on all the evidence is not much of a Coach. The Club needs better than Davis and Watson.

He could be right, but nobody knows, that's the point. What is this evidence that he's not much of a coach? He could be brilliant

What evidence is there? I would say we have no evidence he is a good coach and no evidence he is a bad coach. People largely making assumptions.

What evidence is there? I would say we have no evidence he is a good coach and no evidence he is a bad coach. People largely making assumptions.

Or people who know that he’s a pretty average coach and shouldn’t be in the role....

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Do our first team players look well coached?

No they don't but it's bizarre to single Davis out as the poor coach. For all we know he could be the best of the lot.

No they don't but it's bizarre to single Davis out as the poor coach. For all we know he could be the best of the lot.

To be fair to him, I think Dave Watson is just as bad, if not worse.

I've seen them both in action with the players in pre-match warmups and they look like they are barely going through the motions. There's no spark or motivation there and it looks like our players just wish they'd go away. The contrast with the top teams' coaches in the other half is stark. I remember watching Kelvin teaching Charlie Austin how to shoot and it was cringe worthy. They both seemed embarrassed by the situation. No wonder, Charlie never scored again.