Danny Röhl

Maggie May

I hope not but certain alarm bells ring at this move. Those dismissing this as insignificant are naive or the usual deluded Saints optimists.

My comments ramble on below so I apologise but they’re a little suspicious and damning of Gao as I am not a fan of our regime.

I think Danny probably felt the club didn’t have the ambition they purported to have when coaxing him in. Under the current dynasty, we do seem to run a disingenuous & disorganised club. Compared to previous years. What little dialogue we do have.

Hardly a comprehensive reason why he’s left on the official website. I treat that as suspect. I’m naturally suspicious as too many people lie and deceive and I do notice the short comings of some in the characteristics of their speech.

I just hope this isn’t start of an exodus. Bayern are a much better prospect. You can’t take that away. I just hope Röhl walking out isn’t symptomatic of the staff morale under Gao because I am no fan of our current owner & I find it extremely distasteful how our Chinese board promote media and marketing in Gao’s home country (& swings his d**k around by flying the favoured first players to China to show off) yet has the disregard & arrogance to ignore the local fans and city whom ARE the club. Utter disrespect.

I fear it’s tangible to consider the lack of transfers and seemingly broken promises made to Ralph may be a factor in Danny’s decision to leave so soon after arriving (ie: miss sold a dream by a prevaricating board). Danny would have definitely been involved in the coaching, integrating & recruitment of new targets, knowing what players we need to progress or tread water. This would’ve been discussed on Ralph’s initial interview which would have been relayed to Röhl. Without suitable defenders brought in, we are simply swapping one glaring problem for another in that the lack of attacking prowess which plagued us since SFC sold all our main scorers & assist playmakers & replaced them with cut price and inadequate (gamble) replacements.

Now we have a better front line and an awful defence so we are not much further forward. I fear Danny knew this and decided moving to a bigger & more professional outfit was easier than remaining with a club that didn’t have an idea or backing to achieve what he had hoped the club initially promised. Or he may have just wanted a big club move.

Generally, when you leave a company shortly after arriving, it’s down to dissatisfaction and realising you were sold a cold turkey. You don’t tend to move unless you are sure. Unless under a temporary arrangement but the contract duration would reflect that. I find in life, it is easier to judge individuals by their actions and then their words will never fool you. Those fans suggesting it was only a temporary arrangement are shortsighted as he wouldn’t have been on a 2 1/2 year deal. Röhl will not have keft because of SFC financial reasons.

I’m only speculating so don’t shoot me down for not being positive prior to the opening game. I feel the carrots dangled, media spin and words fed to the press fall short of what the club promised & what I expect. Please don’t peddle the sell to buy mantra the club conditioned the fans with. It’s clear we have dross to sell but we have space for a CB & defensive midfielder. The finances won’t be released or the more pressing point and judging by the media back tracking, it’s logical to assume this has happened at club level with the first team manager and coaches.

I heard rumours that Lemina was being baited to clubs as a bargaining chip & if you were that player, you would be pretty peed off too. They did similar on going back on their word with Morgan. Hence he took to Twitter. The Façade approach with Promes. Going back on their word in Jan re: transfers. Saying Ralph would overhaul in pre season. Ralph wants the ability to allow for the quality academy players to step up, that much is clear but we are also thin in quality in defence and soon, defensive midfield. Gao & his boardroom appear (with scraps I can muster) to not honour their promises and their word. Just a few observations of the club in the past year & their alleged, hidden, brash tactics.

The club naïvely try to spin the sentiment & have been exposed by promising players moves after a year or two (no NDAs anymore) and then moving the proverbial goal posts. Different to the reasons the club give the fans when dissatisfied players leave and that shines a whole new light on matters we faced on two consecutive seasons with the mass player exodus. It seems we brought in key players by offering them to use as a stepping stone to a big move. Shocking if this is a repeated pattern in negotiations as it shows absolutely zero ambition for the club other than making money from player sales. Directionless.

We clearly aren’t running an overly moral dialogue. If any at all. I’m aware of the ugly inside of football & lots happens we don’t need to know but we desperately & clearly need PL capable management of the club at board room level ( rather than a team of market strategists with no experience ) and I can’t see improvement until we have leadership. Les, Ralph K (in the recent past), Ross, Kat, Nelly and Gao seem woefully unfit for purpose. Then we have the market people...yet no football people, or very few I’m aware of. If there are any, we haven’t been told.

I’m almost certain that the list of targets Ralph would have drawn up for this season would have been done in conjunction with Danny. If this is the case, it won’t be long before Ralph loses patience if promised are being stretched or broken. Saints have a proclivity for occasional getting a decent manager (1 in every 10 or 11) in & then totally taking the pee and peeing them off. Les allegedly forced out out the Koeman’s with bully boy, sign a new contract or go treatment. I definitely think the club have gone back on their word slightly as I can see visible examples in the press. You might say that is bedwetting but it’s an interesting thing Danny has gone when only newly appointed and on a 2.5 contract.

Look at the facts. Ignore conjecture. We have only 2 players in yet we have had way more leave and have intentions to move on another bunch. Granted, we need to move on the overpaid dross like Elyonoussi, Carillo, Hoedt, Soares, Austin & Lemina (who I rate) but we also need to bring a number of players in and just two players in and no defenders just doesn’t cut in. Surely Romeu needs replacing soon too. We seem so unprofessional and disorganised & disinterested since Cortese & Markus sadly left us. Drifting downstream, with no sense of direction or ownership/leadership. No football heads in the boardroom.

I truly rate Ralph and love Saints but my perception of St Mary’s life through various channels may differ to yours. I hope we have a good season but without a bolstered defence of greater quality, coaching alone will not be enough. I feel we may be in for a testing season without new additions. So far a sparse window considering we have moved many on, more needed. Adams and Djenepo excite me but a defender is paramount. Ralph can’t play the way he wants without a solid back wall which is key in his tactics. In any tactics to be fair.

Ralph is a very good manager but he is having too much put on his shoulders and he doesn’t have enough quality in the calibre of support. From pitch to board to scouting level. If Ralph loses hope as he doesn’t have the sufficient support to compete effectively, IF the club are pushing his patience, if he goes and we have too much reliance on a single man, it leaves the club extremely vulnerable. Huge speculation and I hope, overly sensational and un-necessarily dramatic. Lol If Ralph leaves, we are screwed because he takes away much more than just a single man leaving the club like Danny Röhl. We put too much reliance on him. I seen no plan of continuity in place IF he left unlike under the previous and much more effective management which had us competing in the top half of the table. Bring back leadership to St Mary’s and support Ralph. We have a few days left. Let’s hope Maguire completes his medical and the other transfers pick up (which I am being told involves our target) and we get our man this week.

Thanks for your short service Danny. I know he had a positive impact and his player analysis and insight was supposedly superb. Sorry I went off on one. Not the first time. Largely speculatively b***ocks but it got the worry off my chest. COME ON YOU SAINTS!!

Blimey. I only skimmed that but words that jumped out were "Please don’t peddle the sell to buy mantra the club conditioned the fans with. It’s clear we have dross to sell but we have space for a CB & defensive midfielder."

I'll peddle the we need to sell to buy bit as I don't see it as mantra. I also haven't been conditioned. As a club we have, I'd hazard a guess, over 60 players on professional contracts. Of them 35 + are first team level. The wage bill is astronomical, and unsustainable. How on earth you equate that us having space for 2 new players I don't know. Its obvious that we need to reduce numbers before we can add more players and I cannot fathom how people can argue otherwise.

On the Rohl/Bayern thing, a sensible interpretation is that he wants to be back in Germany and took a lesser job at a bigger club and is willing to climb the career pole there. A conspiracy nut may suggest that he's gone in as a "analyst" to do the ground work ahead of RH joining as boss next summer and they'll rekindle their dream team. Given that I'm no conspiracy nut, and that my feeling is that Ralph has nothing to prove in Germany and his next move will be Spurs when Poch eventually gets his Real Madrid move, I think this is a simple case of Rohl wanting to go home.

I don't see much issue with this, a massive club and moving back to his home country.

Plus who is to say he even liked being an assistant manager, he was an analyst before at Leipzig, maybe he enjoys that side more than having to deal with the players.

who knows.

But its a giant leap to suggest this is some sort of bad sign, looks like a very personal move to me.

Plus I am sure we will eventually get a replacement, but considering Ralph's way of working and how demanding he is, I expect finding the right person might take a while.

Jesus wept. Our assistant manager has left to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hardly a surprise

Exactly. Our resident conspiracy theorists have had a mare on this one. Saints or Bayern, ummmm decisions, decisions...

Exactly. Our resident conspiracy theorists have had a mare on this one. Saints or Bayern, ummmm decisions, decisions...

I don't fault him for going but, lets be clear, its not the same situation as a player going from Saints to Bayern. He's moving to a different role and, on the surface, one with less responsibility and influence than he had a Saints where he was effectively Ralph's no.2.

I don't fault him for going but, lets be clear, its not the same situation as a player going from Saints to Bayern. He's moving to a different role and, on the surface, one with less responsibility and influence than he had a Saints where he was effectively Ralph's no.2.

Thank you for making that clear.

Noted and agreed. However it's still a great opportunity for him at the best club in his homeland, it's not surprising that he made the decision that he did. It's also no slur on the club that he decided to leave us (not that I'm suggesting that you're suggesting that it is - but others have).

Shame he's gone if he was Ralph's preferred assistant but easy to see why he'd want to be in his home country and with Bayern. Just hope Ralph is content with his assistants, two ex golakeeping coaches,(and is it Fleming?), along with Sparkes.

Don't see what tactical nous Kelvin & Dave Watson can bring to the table? the club didn't have faith in the latter's goalkeeping coaching with him being replaced

Well that should be that then. I mean what tactical nous could someone like Nunes, himself a former keeper, bring to the table at Wolves?

An interesting take on the situation but one I find totally riddled with conjecture, unsupported rumours and inaccuracies.

I'm not replying to everything, but:

I've never heard that Ralph was unhappy after January. The subsequent results and clear bond between him and the team question that.

Yes, we've only brought in two players (technically three with Ings) but we haven't moved "many" out. We can't find takers, and that's the problem. Until we free up space, we don't have the capacity to buy in.

We don't have an awful defence. We have one that could do with improvement but finding better than we've got at an affordable price and even after moving Hoedt and/or Stephens on is no simple matter.

What broken promises? How would you know any promises have been made? I see no lack of ambition, unless you see splashing transfer fees as ambition in itself.

I'm not a great fan of Gao, but he attended the fans forum.

I'm disappointed to see Danny go but there is no evidence for your reasoning of why he went. Just as likely that he simply wants to be back in Germany or sees a lesser job at a bigger club as offering more prospects for himself.

I trust Ralph and feel optimistic about the season. He has the ability to improve our current players rather than gambling on throwing money at transfers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To be fair, I did add the caveat that I “I’m only speculating so don’t shoot me down for not being positive prior to the opening game”.

It’s a football forum so football talk, rumours, unsubstantiated gossip, conjecture and speculation are what a forum is about although judging by many, deriding others, belittling suggestions, challenging any opinion and rubbishing rumours and character assassination seem the more preferred mindset of many.

As I say, I’ve typed too much and most is probably complete b*llocks but it’s just an opinion so take it or leave it. Take it with a pinch of salt. I did laugh at the “considering in the cold light of day” or comment to that affect, you patronising ****er! LOL. Fair comment. Whilst trying to not overthink matters after my initial reaction, I probably think Danny returning to one of his native country’s top clubs is a much preferred role and Saints are not really setting much alight with their driving ambition under Gao. Yes, to whoever mentioned transfers being part of the optimism. Egg seems to have a strict (egg) counter on quota we can sign and apparently we cannot sign a single player until another is sold. He clearly has a direct hotline to the staff wage bill and FFP.

Yes, ambition and signing players is a strong indicator, but not exclusively part of a club or owner’s intentions and often seen as an form of ambition. Let’s be fair, Gao was totally misrepresented to the fans but I think the board probably knew this but Kat was more interested in the business transaction. As you would be with the figures at hand. I am digressing. We do have a weak defence and signing a solid CB is key to our overhaul. Just one quality player is so pivotal. Even Ralph admits that. Re: to broken promises, just look at the club leaked dross put in the Echo over the past 18 months. It clearly emanates from the club PR feeds and they have gone back on their words countless times unless you have terribly short/sh*t memories. Just stating it.

Didn’t know Gao attended a forum. That’s positive news. Good.

As it stands, it seems odd Danny has left so soon into a 2.5 year contract and I’ll leave it there. I just hope it’s not a sign of losing confidence in the future direction of the club. We may never know. I have no evidence, I always said it was pure conjecture. As most talk on here is.

I would feel optimistic if we had more of a lynch in defence. Until we do, we will continue to throw away games. Vestgaard is decent against poorer opposition but gets roasted against pacey, quality opposition.

Jesus wept. Our assistant manager has left to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hardly a surprise

It is exactly a surprise Captain Hindsight. No-on expected Rohl to be gone 8 months into a 2.5 year contract but there you go. Or are you some kind of smug soothsayer? LOL

I don’t think having an opinion is classed as conspiracy, old chap.

To be fair, I did add the caveat that I “I’m only speculating so don’t shoot me down for not being positive prior to the opening game”.

It’s a football forum so football talk, rumours, unsubstantiated gossip, conjecture and speculation are what a forum is about although judging by many, deriding others, belittling suggestions, challenging any opinion and rubbishing rumours and character assassination seem the more preferred mindset of many.

As I say, I’ve typed too much and most is probably complete b*llocks but it’s just an opinion so take it or leave it. Take it with a pinch of salt. I did laugh at the “considering in the cold light of day” or comment to that affect, you patronising ****er! LOL. Fair comment. Whilst trying to not overthink matters after my initial reaction, I probably think Danny returning to one of his native country’s top clubs is a much preferred role and Saints are not really setting much alight with their driving ambition under Gao. Yes, to whoever mentioned transfers being part of the optimism. Egg seems to have a strict (egg) counter on quota we can sign and apparently we cannot sign a single player until another is sold. He clearly has a direct hotline to the staff wage bill and FFP.

Yes, ambition and signing players is a strong indicator, but not exclusively part of a club or owner’s intentions and often seen as an form of ambition. Let’s be fair, Gao was totally misrepresented to the fans but I think the board probably knew this but Kat was more interested in the business transaction. As you would be with the figures at hand. I am digressing. We do have a weak defence and signing a solid CB is key to our overhaul. Just one quality player is so pivotal. Even Ralph admits that. Re: to broken promises, just look at the club leaked dross put in the Echo over the past 18 months. It clearly emanates from the club PR feeds and they have gone back on their words countless times unless you have terribly short/sh*t memories. Just stating it.

Didn’t know Gao attended a forum. That’s positive news. Good.

As it stands, it seems odd Danny has left so soon into a 2.5 year contract and I’ll leave it there. I just hope it’s not a sign of losing confidence in the future direction of the club. We may never know. I have no evidence, I always said it was pure conjecture. As most talk on here is.

I would feel optimistic if we had more of a lynch in defence. Until we do, we will continue to throw away games. Vestgaard is decent against poorer opposition but gets roasted against pacey, quality opposition.

It is exactly a surprise Captain Hindsight. No-on expected Rohl to be gone 8 months into a 2.5 year contract but there you go. Or are you some kind of smug soothsayer? LOL

I don’t think having an opinion is classed as conspiracy, old chap.

You've typed a hell of a lot without saying anything, really.

My comments still stand and I've little to add, as you haven't refuted anything. Speculation and rumour are fine, but having a few facts available and weighing the value of gossip is a good idea before indiscriminately posting.

Don't see what tactical nous Kelvin & Dave Watson can bring to the table?

On what are you basing the view that they don't? Because they were goalkeepers?

the club didn't have faith in the latter's goalkeeping coaching with him being replaced

How do you know that was the reason?

Lots of jumping to conclusions there!

(& swings his d**k around by flying the favoured first players to China to show off)

Actually very few of the first teamers went.

As for the rest of your ramblings, whatever elements of truth may arise amongst your conjectures, to say that anybody who doesn't agree with your analysis is naive or a deluded optimist is patronising in the extreme. I'm sure many of us have concerns but your post hasn't contributed much to the debate.

# Daft question klaxon #

Assume Rohl was under contract ergo we could have refused to let him leave if he was so integral to our plans?

(Ok, I get the stock answer to that kind of question...("if someone doesn't want to be here then it can be mor detrimental to force them to stay")... but something still doesn't add up here IMO)

# Daft question klaxon #

Assume Rohl was under contract ergo we could have refused to let him leave if he was so integral to our plans?

(Ok, I get the stock answer to that kind of question...("if someone doesn't want to be here then it can be mor detrimental to force them to stay")... but something still doesn't add up here IMO)

Think someone should ask about Ralph's thoughts on Rohl's departure at thursday's fan forum.

• 2 months later...
An interesting take on the situation but one I find totally riddled with conjecture, unsupported rumours and inaccuracies.

I'm not replying to everything, but:

I've never heard that Ralph was unhappy after January. The subsequent results and clear bond between him and the team question that.

Yes, we've only brought in two players (technically three with Ings) but we haven't moved "many" out. We can't find takers, and that's the problem. Until we free up space, we don't have the capacity to buy in.

We don't have an awful defence. We have one that could do with improvement but finding better than we've got at an affordable price and even after moving Hoedt and/or Stephens on is no simple matter.

What broken promises? How would you know any promises have been made? I see no lack of ambition, unless you see splashing transfer fees as ambition in itself.

I'm not a great fan of Gao, but he attended the fans forum.

I'm disappointed to see Danny go but there is no evidence for your reasoning of why he went. Just as likely that he simply wants to be back in Germany or sees a lesser job at a bigger club as offering more prospects for himself.

I trust Ralph and feel optimistic about the season. He has the ability to improve our current players rather than gambling on throwing money at transfers.

Genuine question, how do you feel about the conjecture and response to the comments now?

Just get Sammy Lee back in the building and be done with it.

Having Davis as first team coach is surely scraping the barrel. Forgetting what was said about the conjecture about why Röhl left, it appears the concern was well founded. What bothers me most is, why hasn’t an adequate replacement been brought in? It’s mind boggling. Can the club not perform any kind of honest dialogue with the fanbase anymore?

Genuine question, how do you feel about the conjecture and response to the comments now?
I stand by everything I said but agree the club has totally failed to bring in a proper replacement for Rohl. The coaching staff now looks inadequate.

Well what a surprise!

The players acting true to form I see. Is it me or do we get this sort of crap every season now as soon as it starts going tits up?

Every season it seems we have certain players who are happy to go to the press to tell them, how unhappy they are, about how **** we are. Of course it's never the players fault, it's never about the fact they just aren't very good, it's always a manager, or a coach or other players that are the problem .

It's the sort of excuse that might hold more water if this squad didn't have a history of being crap for the best part of three seasons now it's about time the players stopped making excuse and take a long hard look at themselves.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Well what a surprise!

The players acting true to form I see. Is it me or do we get this sort of crap every season now as soon as it starts going tits up?

Every season it seems we have certain players who are happy to go to the press to tell them, how unhappy they are, about how **** we are. Of course it's never the players fault, it's never about the fact they just aren't very good, it's always a manager, or a coach or other players that are the problem .

It's the sort of excuse that might hold more water if this squad didn't have a history of being crap for the best part of three seasons now it's about time the players stopped making excuse and take a long hard look at themselves.

You're missing the point though. The point is that as some thought Rohl was key in coaching, Ralph put his trust in him, Ralph is not really a hands on coach, and clearly has no idea how to set us up defensively. The fitness is also lacking. Rohl wasn't taken on by Bayern for nothing, they recognised his skills. Ralph now has to make do with Watson and Davis, and maybe Fleming. The new guy doesn't seem to be effective at all, yet its very noticeable that he is always alongside Ralph during games. The problem we have now is we have a manager who cannot Coach (effectively). Unless he can build a new partnership like he had with Rohl he is not going to be effective. Its not like this is a new phenomenon, it's like having Hoddle without Gorman, Burley without Snodin or even Mr Jam Roly Poly without Jordan

You're missing the point though. The point is that as some thought Rohl was key in coaching, Ralph put his trust in him, Ralph is not really a hands on coach, and clearly has no idea how to set us up defensively. The fitness is also lacking. Rohl wasn't taken on by Bayern for nothing, they recognised his skills. Ralph now has to make do with Watson and Davis, and maybe Fleming. The new guy doesn't seem to be effective at all, yet its very noticeable that he is always alongside Ralph during games. The problem we have now is we have a manager who cannot Coach (effectively). Unless he can build a new partnership like he had with Rohl he is not going to be effective. Its not like this is a new phenomenon, it's like having Hoddle without Gorman, Burley without Snodin or even Mr Jam Roly Poly without Jordan

I'm not missing the point at all. The total lack of Pride and fight shown by the players on Friday has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with their mentality.

A core group of players at saints have been found wanting for the last few seasons. This is just another attempt at smoke and mirrors to push criticism of these, constantly failing, players else where.

Regardless of who the manager is, the coach is, the tactics professional footballers should show more heart, desire and fight than they did on Friday night.

This Rhol issue is like a reverse version of Eric black where people where sure he was the problem and yet after he left there was no improvement. We weren't actually very good in lots of games last seen when Rhol was here and let's not pretend otherwise.

Edited by doddisalegend

Exactly.

I'm not missing the point at all. The total lack of Pride and fight shown by the players on Friday has nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with their mentality.

A core group of players at saints have been found wanting for the last few seasons. This is just another attempt at smoke and mirrors to push criticism of these, constantly failing, players else where.

Regardless of who the manager is, the coach is, the tactics professional footballers should show more heart, desire and fight than they did on Friday night.

This Rhol issue is like a reverse version of Eric black where people where sure he was the problem and yet after he left there was no improvement. We weren't actually very good in lots of games last seen when Rhol was here and let's not pretend otherwise.

Whilst I agree with most of your post, there is something in this though. The current coaching set up aren’t fit for purpose.

Whilst I agree with most of your post, there is something in this though. The current coaching set up aren’t fit for purpose.

I think you are right. Sheffield United are showing what you can do with limited resources. They might not be able to keep it up long term but a good team ethic and mentality can make up for a lack of star quality for a time. I don’t believe that our squad are that bad. They are mentally fragile though and don’t seem able to learn from their mistakes. 2 Prem level quality CBs would make a huge difference to the squad, but then we have known that for a long time.

Possibly it it isn't the right set up in the backroom staff but this story was leaked from some Saints players now which just makes it look like smoke and mirrors to me.

Just look at the timing of this leak. This story could have come out weeks ago, if the players thought it was an issue, yet funnily enough it appears straight after the most shameful performance from the players. Coincidence?

Edited by doddisalegend

He didn’t leave Saints for BM, he left saints, then found a job at BM.

Yep. Likely because he realised he'd been sold a dead duck after the club failed to fulfil the rebuilding they constantly alluded to through the previously barren transfer windows of Jan 2018 and July 2017 and finally deferred to July 2019 and..........nothing happened other than last min Danso. They completely failed to deliver. Across the board imho.

Having Davis as first team coach is surely scraping the barrel. Forgetting what was said about the conjecture about why Röhl left, it appears the concern was well founded. What bothers me most is, why hasn’t an adequate replacement been brought in? It’s mind boggling. Can the club not perform any kind of honest dialogue with the fanbase anymore?

Good question. But it's possible the club isn't to blame. According to Adam Leitch they are doing everything to keep Ralph happy, so if he wanted and identified a new assistant manager I believe they would be happy to oblige. I think maybe Ralph was getting arrogant about his ability to do things by himself. If there's a silver lining about the Leicester debacle is that surely it has been punctured, and he will now be more open to a Rohl replacement coming in to help him.

Of course easier said than done in finding the right person, and definitely not amongst the current staff. Maybe one the 2 ex-Nigel managers? We could do worse.

There is so much wrong at SMS and Staplewood it's hard to know where to begin. Suffice to say maintaining the status quo ain't good enough. Any manager needs a good coaching staff. Ralph has lost his right hand man and needs to be replaced. The evidence suggests Kelvin and co. aren't good enough.

There is so much wrong at SMS and Staplewood it's hard to know where to begin. Suffice to say maintaining the status quo ain't good enough. Any manager needs a good coaching staff. Ralph has lost his right hand man and needs to be replaced. The evidence suggests Kelvin and co. aren't good enough.

He has been replaced, **** Kitzbichler. Doesn't seem to be having any effect.

So many comments above about Davis not being up to the job, before that Eric Black was terrible and the reason we were struggling, and now (because he's left) Danny Rohl is the messiah.

People are stating this like fact, when in fact its just guessing. How do any of you know that Davis isnt a far better coach than Rohl? is it because he was a keeper? Or is it because we've lost a few games recently since Rohl left!? (I would hazard a guess we'd have lost those games anyway as the squad is sh*te).

Speculation and debate are great, thats why we are here on this forum. But why do people insist on coming out with cr*p about the coaching setup not being fit for purpose, without being anywhere near the squad or coaching sessions to be able to afford that opinion. They may be right, but come on let's face it, none of us really know.

So many comments above about Davis not being up to the job, before that Eric Black was terrible and the reason we were struggling, and now (because he's left) Danny Rohl is the messiah.

People are stating this like fact, when in fact its just guessing. How do any of you know that Davis isnt a far better coach than Rohl? is it because he was a keeper? Or is it because we've lost a few games recently since Rohl left!? (I would hazard a guess we'd have lost those games anyway as the squad is sh*te).

Speculation and debate are great, thats why we are here on this forum. But why do people insist on coming out with cr*p about the coaching setup not being fit for purpose, without being anywhere near the squad or coaching sessions to be able to afford that opinion. They may be right, but come on let's face it, none of us really know.

I think the opinion comes from the fact that since Davis has been influencing the coaching, we have become undeniably ****.

He had no prior coaching experience and just slipped into that roll as he was one of the lads. Not denying that he's obviously good to have around the place and is well respected by fans and people at the club, but he has no coaching pedigree - especially not at the top level.

But why do people insist on coming out with cr*p about the coaching setup not being fit for purpose, without being anywhere near the squad or coaching sessions to be able to afford that opinion.

Self evidently match after match it is quite clear that our coaching is not fit for purpose in fact it is bordering on the inept, how can you argue otherwise. Our defensive set-up is appalling, same stupid mistakes made every week from which nobody seems to learn anything, players or coaches. In attack despite Ralph claiming that goals are not our problem we can't score as 9 goals in 10 matches attests. We are the third lowest scorers in the league and the worst goals against record.

Without naming names as we don't know who does what our coaching is failing abysmally and there is only one person who takes the can for that and yes, it is Ralph Hasenhüttl.

Maybe it's based on the evidence of watching the play that the coaching is meant to influence. Last season things seemed reasonably OK. The players looked fit, and were reasonably well organised. This season they don't. What has changed? Fundamentally one thing, Rohl has left and gone to Bayern Munich. Note, not to some 2nd rate club, but arguably one of the 2 or 3 clubs, in terms of coaching, in the world. Reports have also come out supposedly from the players, that Rohl is much missed (not sentimental, but practically). Maybe **** Kitzbichler will eventually help, but there is no evidence yet, it takes a while for a new guy to be ome influential. As for Davis and Watson, they reapply don't inspire confidence. Kelvin is just a nice bloke who was never really that good as a keeper and seems to have been promoted from his original role without any real signs of expertise, it seems like he is there because the Club management want him to be (jobs for the boys). Watson demonstrated clearly how not to coach goalkeepers but now he seems to be asked to Coa h outfield, especially set pieces, and the outcome is we aren't very good at them either. I hoped Craig Fleming might bring more to the 1st team, but he still appears to be treated as a junior partner. Not sure about our new GK Coach yet, may be too soon to judge but he came highly regarded.

Personally I find it too much of a coincidence that a man who is already here doing a job, just so happens to also be the right man for a completely different job. I'm not saying Kelvin (or Jaidi) are the reason for our problems but I doubt they are here on coaching merit either.

I wonder if Adkins would accept the role as U23s coach. He might see it as a step down but a decent youth manager is worth investing in.

Personally I find it too much of a coincidence that a man who is already here doing a job, just so happens to also be the right man for a completely different job. I'm not saying Kelvin (or Jaidi) are the reason for our problems but I doubt they are here on coaching merit either.

I wonder if Adkins would accept the role as U23s coach. He might see it as a step down but a decent youth manager is worth investing in.

The guy hasn't long left a Championship job after doing a pretty incredible job there. Not a chance he'd come back to work in our u23s.

The guy hasn't long left a Championship job after doing a pretty incredible job there. Not a chance he'd come back to work in our u23s.

Following him on Twitter its pretty obvious he is looking for a new challenge, best part of 6 months since he left Hull. Personally would prefer him to work with Ralph rather than the u23s.