Saints Vs Arsenal Match Thread

Secret Site Agent

Can see Ralph's impact already. Regardless of how this finishes I've liked what I've seen. Much more urgency and desire to get the ball and get it forward.

This. We will tire at this pace so will be key to use subs well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't see enough of the move to be sure, and perhaps it's a little harsh to apportion 'blame', but we've seen Romeu caught out a number of times before failing to track runners into the box.

Having now seen it back, that does seem a bit harsh, Vestergaard is marking him but leaves him to pick up someone else.

Can see Ralph's impact already. Regardless of how this finishes I've liked what I've seen. Much more urgency and desire to get the ball and get it forward.

Agreed. I'm only listening on R5 but I get the impression Saints are keeping the play away from our end more.

We'll still lose ....but good signs of things improving

The best half of Saints football for several seasons. The pressing, the passion, the commitment, it’s all there to see. Let’s not forget that we are playing this his style of football based on a Hughes team level of fitness so it may drop towards the end. Just great to see a manager who seems to care as much as the fans. Whatever happens, things are looking brighter.

The best half of Saints football for several seasons. The pressing, the passion, the commitment, it’s all there to see. Let’s not forget that we are playing this his style of football based on a Hughes team level of fitness so it may drop towards the end. Just great to see a manager who seems to care as much as the fans. Whatever happens, things are looking brighter.

Yeah I said to my son not sure we can keep this pressing up all game I can see the players fading around 70 minutes.

This far we have been so impressive in comparison to what we have been used to.

Redmond is playing like a player possessed.

Brilliant finishing from Ings.

Still look fragile at the back and Targett is not helping. Although his cross for the first was just peachy.

But lovely to see some urgency when we are on the front foot.

I think we will tire....but on this evidence,progress has been made.

Early days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I said to my son not sure we can keep this pressing up all game I can see the players fading around 70 minutes.
In fairness it hasn't been that intense because we're letting them play it about to their hearts content at the back and that's 90% of what they seem to want to do today.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Excellent football. Everyone looks like they want to get the ball back asap and actually go forwards with it. Even Vester tried to run with it. It is going to take sometime to get the players actually fit and remove all trace of the defensive **** they were taught under the last 3 managers. But if this is indication of the future then its finally time to feel positive. Especially when he has his own players in.

Also think it means players like JWP are done. Press, show strength, get forward asap, great football and how it should be played in this day and age.