Saints 3 - Arsenal 2 - I should start threads more often

Secret Site Agent

Awesome!! Feels so good to watch a proper Saints team again and not the dross we've had to put up with far too long. Hassenhuttl's appointment is looking bloody inspired - love seeing a manager who cares again. Going to enjoy a pint tonight after work. Out of the relegation zone too COYR!!!!

The whole team cared and tried their guts out - that's the difference Ralph has made already. Hojbjerg magnificent today, Romeu very solid apart from his faux pas near the box. The three CBs all played well; Armstrong faded out of the game, Redmond good before his injury and Ings brace so good to watch. The personality and enthusiasm of RH clearly lifts the players and the crowd - such a great result.

Like the comment on the Arsenal forum:

“Hassenhuttl looks like the type of guy who puts his towel on the best sun lounger at 6am and then struts round in his speedos all day long”.

Love the intensity, desire and yes swagger Ralph has brought to the team so far.

Now THAT was football. Damn, how I’ve missed it. That is why we watch, why we pay to go, why I got up at 5am.

That last 5+5 minutes was an absolute torture, but the final whistle felt like winning the FA cup.

Watching Ralph and the players celebrate after the game was absolutely incredible. Congrats to everybody who went today, that stadium must’ve been on fire after the final whistle.

COYFS!!!!!

Excellent performance from pretty much everyone, couple of dodgy moments at the back but honestly fewer than we are used to. This will do the world of good for players' confidence and also their belief in Ralph's new system. Looking forward to Huddersfield already! COYS!

This game shows the difference between replacing Puel with Pellegrino and replacing him with a manager with actual pedigree.

The players are there, they just need a proper boss and a system to play to.

Fuc king brilliant lads. Brilliant.

Like the comment on the Arsenal forum:

“Hassenhuttl looks like the type of guy who puts his towel on the best sun lounger at 6am and then struts round in his speedos all day long”.

Love the intensity, desire and yes swagger Ralph has brought to the team so far.

Ha ha, he actually does. I could definitely see him doing that

Had forgotten what that felt like!

Players look fitter already, some way off PL fit still but League One/Championship fit which is a significant improvement in a very short space of time. The previous regime - Pellegrino, Hughes, Reed - was very, very sick, and I don’t meant that in the way teenagers do.

Targett played well and great cross for Ings first, Bertrand had better buck his ideas up in January. Oriol faded but best he’s played for many months. Still defensive issues to resolve but Rome wasn’t built in a day. There’s also huge scope to get several new faces in and some of the extensive deadwood out to add leadership and pace in several areas.

Let’s hope this builds momentum and massive game at Hudds next, minus Mooy.

Really impressed today. The desire and aggression was something we’ve not seen for a long time. I noticed with about ten minutes to go arsenal broke and 8 players were busting a gut to get back to defend, not seen that for a long time. Still lots to do, both goals conceded were sloppy but already a huge improvement.

Brilliant performance. Nervy to say the least. Ings and Redmond will rightfully be showered with plaudits. But how good was Hojbjerg? Composed, excellent with his retaining off the ball and then releasing. Always looking forward when he could. He was the fulcrum of the team today, and still did all of the running/physical work. Fantastic from the captain today.

Apart from the last 5 minutes of extreme tension that was a real pleasure to watch :)

Thought Romeu, Ings, Valery, Vestergaard [!?!] Bednarak, McCarthy, Redmond, Armstrong, even Targett were all immense today.

The sound from st Mary's was amazing as well - a definite 12th man performance from all who were there.

Could this be this start of a new page in our history?

I bloody hope so!

Come on Ralf's red n white army :D

Massive result for us in terms of confidence moving forward. We have been in front in games so many times but have not delivered the points.

Today we saw it through and that should give us more confidence in games where we lead from now on.

Hope Redmond not a serious problem as thought he was excellent today.

Oh yes yes yes get in.At last something to celebrate.Well done to the team ,well done to the manager and well done to the club on his

Appointment which looks like the first thing they've got right for a very long time.

UP THE SAINTS.

Thank god for that was s hitting myself when 5 minutes added! where did they get that from? Much better all around! Still need to replace vesterguard yoshida & target though!

Please board do the right thing & allow RH to purchase the 3 top quality players (two defenders & a pacy partner for ings) we need to make this a team worthy of the premier league again!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

What a result - the difference in the team was visible already, playing the high press and getting crosses into the box quicker. Still need to cut out those individual errors, and Romeu just is not very good, look forward to seeing Lemina back in the hole.

Great start for Ralph. Given we did it without Cedric, Ryan and Mario, who whether you rate them or not, are big players for us is very impressive. Giving Johnson a little taste as well is a good sign of things to come. Looking forward to going to Huddersfield next week now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I also think that although the defense was shaky, Yoshida showed lots of grit at the end. It seemed like he got on the end of every Arsenal cross after the go ahead goal. A few times I thought we were in trouble but Yoshida got there first.

Yoshida did have a very solid last 20 minutes - and unlucky not to score with thee bullet header.

What a result - the difference in the team was visible already, playing the high press and getting crosses into the box quicker. Still need to cut out those individual errors, and Romeu just is not very good, look forward to seeing Lemina back in the hole.

Romeu had a great game today apart from that one costly error.

Amazing. Every single player made a significant contribution to that game. Long and Austin on to combine for the winning goal was fantastic, so pleased for both of them, particularly Charlie who I think has taken the brunt of our frustration when not really deserved. A clear plan and a huge confidence boost for Huddersfield next week. Amazing what one game can do.

What a surprise, you try and win a game and who knew you might actually win a game?!

The players were fantastic today and played together as one. They were even talking to each other and trying to organise themselves which is something I have not seen for a long time.

Yes we made some mistakes but what a difference in how we play. We actually wanted to play football and get at them rather than park the bus with 8 defensive players.

Hughes, Puel and co would have set up shop after the 1st goal and hoped to get a result.

So well done Saints you did something we have rarely seen for a long time and that is make us feel proud to be a Saints fan!

Only concern I have is when we have loads of games in one week how will the players we have recover. And god bless Shane Long for that yellow card as I had a bet on for over 3 goals, over 8 corners and over 3 cards :p

Bednarek was a rock today, why he didn't get a look in with Hughes with our defensive woefulness, god knows. Also I thought Long played very well when he came on, he is much maligned on here, but can still be effective. All in all, i've forgotten that winning feeling and to actually be proud of the club again is a fantastic feeling!