Saints 3 - Arsenal 2 - I should start threads more often

Secret Site Agent

People seem not to have noticed we were without Bertrand, Cedric and Lemina. Or maybe that doesn't affect us?
Great start for Ralph. Given we did it without Cedric, Ryan and Mario, who whether you rate them or not, are big players for us is very impressive. Giving Johnson a little taste as well is a good sign of things to come. Looking forward to going to Huddersfield next week now.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ahem. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

As some one who was stuck on a plane during the game I've just been looking for a good article on the pressing we used and this article is actually really good explanation of pressing.

Will also post it under Ralph thread as well

https://betweentheposts.net/southampton-arsenal-3-2-high-octane-southampton-impress-hasenhuttl-premier-league-home-debut/

Edited by Convict Colony

As some one who was stuck on a plane during the game I've just been looking for a good article on the pressing we used and this article is actually really good explanation of pressing.

https://betweentheposts.net/southampton-arsenal-3-2-high-octane-southampton-impress-hasenhuttl-premier-league-home-debut/

Thats a really good analysis.

A really excellent read, thank you for posting this ....

When he came on I thought he had lost a bit of timber this week and looked sharp!

I also thought that he was slimmer than he has been.

When the players came over to the Northam after the game, Austin tapped his stomach a couple of times as if to acknoweldge this.

Saints used to put up on their Facebook the goals when we win with Solent commentary. Do they still do this? When we win I just love watching it all from all different angles with all different commentaries.
It's on the main website, you have to register/sign in but it's a pain free process.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Saints used to put up on their Facebook the goals when we win with Solent commentary. Do they still do this? When we win I just love watching it all from all different angles with all different commentaries.

Yeah highlights of ever game are on the O/S with Solent commentary you have to register to watch them though

Anyone see that sprint from Austin for his goal? Started at the halfway line :scared:

As many of us said during Hughes' reign, the bizarre thing was not that Austin played, it was that he started. He isn't fit so runs out of energy and any meaningful contribution after 15-20 minutes. So why not bring him on for the final period of the game when he can run about and the defenders are tiring?

Comes on against Spurs near the end - looks lively, gets chances, scores.

Starts against Cardiff - looks ok for the first 10 minutes but spends the rest of the game pretending to be a footballer before being subbed.

Comes on against Arsenal near the end - scores the winning goal.

Some things are quite straightforward. Incredible that Hughes never got it.