Ryan Bertrand not a fan of Mark Hughes...

Saint-Armstrong

No way. Sell others first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, yes, but others may not reap as much. If he's behind the new manager and prepared to put a shift in, keep him of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good job in mind reading, giving your own spin and pressing ahead with an agenda.

I don't get any of that apart from he's happy we are finally turning things around.

Or maybe he isnt a fan of Koeman, Pottechino, Adkins etc. as well.

Reading between the lines, he's quite blatantly having a dig at the previous manager(s).

Good job in mind reading, giving your own spin and pressing ahead with an agenda.

I don't get any of that apart from he's happy we are finally turning things around.

Or maybe he isnt a fan of Koeman, Pottechino, Adkins etc. as well.

That's what sports journalists do.

Pointless thread, we already have one about Bertrand.

You weren’t at the game then.. ok going forwards but defensively a nightmare
This! targett was a complete liability, several passes in defence straight to the attacker that nearly cost us!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Secondly, which part of that was classless? Entirely accurate.

It’s classless to have a pop at previous managers.

Players need to take responsibility for poor performances, not hide behind tactics or formations. There’s a reason he’s lost his England place and if he thinks that’s because of bad management, he’s deluded.

It’s classless to have a pop at previous managers.

Players need to take responsibility for poor performances, not hide behind tactics or formations. There’s a reason he’s lost his England place and if he thinks that’s because of bad management, he’s deluded.

Go to the top and read again. Hasn’t had a pop and not blamed anyone for him not being in the England team.

****ing bloke needs to look in the mirror and start performing himself. Classless comment if you ask me.

I agree in parts. It is easy to have a pop at someone once they've gone and look back in hindsight and it is also classless on the basis that Hughes (and previous managers) were trying their best. Just happened their best wasn't up to standards of winning.

I'm happy Bertrand is pleased, but my message back is "get fit and get on the pitch and make up for the last 2 years and put in some outrageously good performances"

Ryan in my view was simply saying how great it was to see us pressing and attacking.

Not pussyfooting around at the back in a safety first style of play.

The difference between today's performance and the last couple of seasons was immense. They had permission to attack and at speed. Play high speed aggressive football as against the slow negative crap of recent times.

Yes it may have been a slight dig at our recent managers but only in that the pleasure of the team being urged to attack attack attack, and removal of the restraints the team had were seemingly gone.

This! targett was a complete liability, several passes in defence straight to the attacker that nearly cost us!

By the same token his cross for our first was sublime

Well I hope Hughes was watching that yesterday.

We all know our squad has its limitations, but what we saw yesterday was the result of a team working hard and with a clear game plan. That Hughes wasn't able to get the same squad playing anything like that and repeatedly failing to win any games should leave him with a sense of shame and embarrassment.

If he has any integrity, he will never apply for another manager's job again because he's nothing but a fraud, stealing a living. It's not as if he needs the money after all the compo he had received

We all know our squad has its limitations, but what we saw yesterday was the result of a team working hard and with a clear game plan. That Hughes wasn't able to get the same squad playing anything like that and repeatedly failing to win any games should leave him with a sense of shame and embarrassment.

If he has any integrity, he will never apply for another manager's job again because he's nothing but a fraud, stealing a living. It's not as if he needs the money after all the compo he had received

If Hughes wants to succeed next time then he needs to put in the time on the training ground.

It’s not rocket science that the players were unfit and that Ralph probably had them in training more in one week than Hughes did in a month.

Agree. I have heard from somebody who knows him that Mark Bowen no longer wants to work with Hughes as Hughes has completely lost interest in football and can't be arsed.

Look I'm no fan of Hughes and I think Ralph is going to be a much better manager both tactically and motivationally.

But I seem to remember the players saying quite similar things about the impact that Hughes and his coaches were having when he first came in and how much better it was than the previous manager.

So forgive me if I'm not 100% trusting yet that the players including Ryan will remain totally on board with what Ralph wants to do with them in the medium and longer term. Would it really surprise anyone that much of the players start turning against him if a few results go against us, just as they have done with previous managers?

The players should take their share of responsibility for what has gone on over the last couple of seasons irrespective of the merits or otherwise of the managers.

I think it's a pretty clear dig, otherwise he could have just said ''Great win lads, really good performance!'' - but as a player, to mention tactics improving (after the previous manager was sacked), you are seemingly sharing a gripe there. But I think we can all see it, we had a plan yesterday and it was refreshing to see.

The players should take their share of responsibility for what has gone on over the last couple of seasons irrespective of the merits or otherwise of the managers.

Spot on. I taped the Utd Liverpool game and watched it when I got in. Roy Keane said the same about Utd players. He said “ I never blamed the manager when I played badly”. Said players have to give their all regardless of what they think of the man in charge. If Ryan Bertrand’s been giving his all week in week out the past 2 seasons , then my c@@ks a carrot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's well to remember that luck plays a part also. A very good performance yesterday but it could just as easily have been 3-2 the other way.
It could easily have been 3-1 to us...their second had 2 deflections and Longs disallowed one would have been missed by the useless git on the other line who missed at least 3 offsides by not being up with play I was in line with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It could easily have been 3-1 to us...their second had 2 deflections and Longs disallowed one would have been missed by the useless git on the other line who missed at least 3 offsides by not being up with play I was in line with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How bad was he? I could not believe one decision in the second half, the guy, maybe Abamyon was offside by about 5 bloody yards!