Huddersfield v Saints - Build Up Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Watched their highlights against Newcastle. Surprised to see they had 74% possession.

They've struggled to score this season but they will have a couple of big lumps to pick from up front who will no doubt cause us problems.

Big lumps always seem to do well against us. We should get one. Lukaku on the cheap/loan to revitalise his career?

Big lumps always seem to do well against us. We should get one. Lukaku on the cheap/loan to revitalise his career?

They really do. Steve Mounie is back from suspension (I think) & they have Laurent Depoitre. Neither has scored this season, so you know what will happen.

:mcinnes:

Do you really think Ralph to Utd is possible at this time..... But after reading your posts on here I suspect you actually do :lol:

Reckon he will take Lemina too ? :?

Isn't the bigger concern that if Utd take Poch (which is highly likely), then it's not unlikely that Spurs could be after Ralph if he does an excellent job with us.

Isn't the bigger concern that if Utd take Poch (which is highly likely), then it's not unlikely that Spurs could be after Ralph if he does an excellent job with us.

More likely to look towards Wolves, Everton..or maybe Bournemouth than Ralph on the basis of one half season, if he keeps us up.

Romeu. Too many touches and no quick decision, leading to a goal. That will stick in RH's mind, and i'm sure OR will improve that aspect of his game when he gets taken aside and talked to. In contrast, see Hoj's pass to Long in the build up to our winner vs arsenal. That will get him a stay in the team for sure!

I'll give OR the benefit of the doubt as he's barely played. Interested to see how Ralph lines us up for this.

(Assuming Redmond is injured).

--------------------McCarthy--------------------

----Bednarek----Vestergaard----Yoshida----

Valery-------------------------------------Targett

------------Lemina-------Hojbjerg------------

---Long----------------------------Armstrong---

-----------------------Ings-----------------------

Would go with Ralphs preferred 4-2-2-2

McCarthy

Cedric

Bednarek

Vestergaard

Targett

Romeu

Hojbjerg

Lemina

Armstrong

Redmond

Ings

I like it a lot from the midfield onwards...

Not sure 4 at the back favours either our centre-backs or our fullbacks at the moment.

I would chuck Stephens into a false DM position, he could drop back into CB when defending. Redmond if fit

----Bednarek------------------------Yoshida----

--------------------Stephens--------------------

Cedric------------------------------------Targett

------------Lemina-------Hojbjerg--------------

---Redmond/Long----------------Armstrong---

I would chuck Stephens into a false DM position, he could drop back into CB when defending. Redmond if fit

----Bednarek------------------------Yoshida----

--------------------Stephens--------------------

Cedric------------------------------------Targett

------------Lemina-------Hojbjerg--------------

---Redmond/Long----------------Armstrong---

I wouldn't...

McCarthy

Yoshida vestergard bednarek

Valery. Romeu Targett

Hojbjerg/lemina

Redmond ings Armstrong

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

#SaintsFC boss Ralph Hasenhüttl confirms that he has no new injury concerns for his squad ahead of this weekend's trip to face #HTAFC in the #PL

Interesting to hear him say that 5 players have suddenly "recovered" from injury and that they've seen that "the train is leaving the station and they have to get on board".

Interesting to hear him say that 5 players have suddenly "recovered" from injury and that they've seen that "the train is leaving the station and they have to get on board".

Cryptic message from Ralph. Think we’ll find out next month who got on and who missed the SFC train.

Just watched the 2nd part of Ralph's pre match press conference. Don't think we'll be seeing many, if any, changes to the starting 11 vs Huddersfield. To paraphrase Ralph: "I have now found my first 11. Given how well they performed in the Arsenal game there is no reason to make changes" (or words to that effect)

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-20/press-conference-part-two-ralph-hasenhuttl-huddersfield-southampton-premier-league-1819

Just watched the 2nd part of Ralph's pre match press conference. Don't think we'll be seeing many, if any, changes to the starting 11 vs Huddersfield. To paraphrase Ralph: "I have now found my first 11. Given how well they performed in the Arsenal game there is no reason to make changes" (or words to that effect)

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-20/press-conference-part-two-ralph-hasenhuttl-huddersfield-southampton-premier-league-1819

No Lemina to start then?

No Lemina to start then?
His actual words:

“In the moment I am happy that I find the first 11 that showed me against Arsenal that it is possible that it fits good together.

I am not in the situation that I change everything because one or the other player is a little bit tired. That is not in my mind at the moment.

I am glad that I find now a first 11 and to come in this team is not so easy at the moment because they put something in my account and showed me they are able to take a win."

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17311959.southampton-manager-ralph-hasenhuttl-on-the-christmas-schedule

Edited by trousers

I find it hard to believe he won't play Lemina, Bertrand, and Cedric when they are healthy.

That's 3 players who could feasibly be off in a few weeks, as with Gabbi, so better to stick with the stayers if that is the case. And if that is the case, they are players that will raise decent money allowing RH to bring in players he will feel fits his philosophy.

Hopeful but not complacent about the trip to Huddersfield.

I find it hard to believe he won't play Lemina, Bertrand, and Cedric when they are healthy.

The lads that played last saturday against Arsenal deserve to start after a result and performance like that.

Also its forces those three, especially the two full backs who have been coasting due to lack of competition for a while now, to work harder and up their game in training to get back in the team.

Just letting them waltz back into the starting 11 sends out the wrong signal.