Huddersfield v Saints - Build Up Thread

Yorkshire Saint

The lads that played last saturday against Arsenal deserve to start after a result and performance like that.

Also its forces those three, especially the two full backs who have been coasting due to lack of competition for a while now, to work harder and up their game in training to get back in the team.

Just letting them waltz back into the starting 11 sends out the wrong signal.

Nobody deserves to start, it's the team most likely to win, which IMO includes certainly Bertrand and Lemina, probably Cedric too. I see no reason why those three (when Bertrand is fit again) wouldn't try as hard as the others.

Seats are a lot more expensive 'though.

I guess you could say in summary that the bus has left the building and has arrived at the station? With the train leaving soon Ralph, where is the destination?

Not sure, but I bet we're still in economy and not 1st class.

I’ve been looking forward all week to this game after our epic win against Arsenal. But have just heard we have to go Christmas shopping this afternoon and will miss the match.

Anyone know a good trick how to avoid going in town so I can stay home and watch the match?

I’ve been looking forward all week to this game after our epic win against Arsenal. But have just heard we have to go Christmas shopping this afternoon and will miss the match.

Anyone know a good trick how to avoid going in town so I can stay home and watch the match?

Not quite staying at home and watching, but phone in coat pocket with earphones in and listening to radio solent

I’m a big fan of Lemina. Just not sure that a midfield of Hojbjerg and Lemina offers enough protection, for me Romeu starts most weeks as we’re less likely to concede, even if Lemina is our “best” player it’s a difficult one for sure.

Nice to now have options and players fighting for their places again.

Not quite staying at home and watching, but phone in coat pocket with earphones in and listening to radio solent

Yep, works a treat, highly recommended for those times when there are those jobs that just have to be done....

Stand up to your missus you wimp

Going to be a completely different game today as compared to Arsenal

Expect Huddersfield to be similar to Cardiff and we will need to defend a lot of high balls

Two relatively poor sides exerting a lot of huff and puff.

Hope our exertions (and skill) are better than theirs.

Must avoid another bottom feeding defeat today!!

I'd say this will be down as a 'must win' game - for them.

After Cardiff it looked like one for us too, but the Arsenal result means that the important thing is not to lose this one. That being said, if you're going to pick up 3 points away from home then this is certainly one of the better places to do it, so fingers crossed.

so same team it is...

no Hoedt on bench- interesting- who is Ramsay?

Lemina on bench too- could any inferences be made from that? probably not- best to keep a winning side

also what does this mean for Elyounoussi- most had expectations for him but not in squad either.

and finally no Gabbiadini- our squad really is massive and bloated.

Edited by nta786

so same team it is...

no Hoedt on bench- interesting- who is Ramsay?

Lemina on bench too- could any inferences be made from that? probably not- best to keep a winning side

also what does this mean for Elyounoussi- most had expectations for him but not in squad either.

and finally no Gabbiadini- our squad really is massive and bloated.

No Cedric either

Given that K Billy says Gabbi is likely going in January and he's not in the squad, perhaps we can infer the same about Hoedt and perhaps Elyounoussi. JWP might just not have made the cut - if you have Lemina on the bench why would you also have JWP?

Cedric is interesting but could still be recovering from injury. Lemina's presence on the bench makes me think he is part of the plans but Hasenhuttl doesn't want to disrupt the side that beat Arsenal.