Huddersfield v Saints - Build Up Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Most of us would have probably been content with 3 points from the Arsenal and Huddersfield games so, thanks to today's splendid result, this now effectively becomes a free hit. If we'd lost today, the pressure to get 3 points at Huddersfield would have been immense, but we can now approach the game with confidence and relatively little pressure. That said, will now be a huge anti-climax if we don't get anything out of this game. Play with the same intensity and passion as today and another 3 points should be in the bag. COYR!!

What Trousers said. Huddersfield is now a big, big game. We can't beat Arsenal and then get nothing from this game, a point minimum. If we beat them it pushes them further into the mire which obviously helps us. Will be going to this one, so going for an optimistic 2 nil win. Are we wearing Christmas fancy dress just to upset Turkish?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah we should go for them. Long for a CB and 433. Plenty of pace.

Maybe Lemina for Romeu, maybe Cedric and Bertrand if fit.

Real chance of a win there against a hard working but ordinary side. Match their effort and I think we'll win.

Bertrand has had a minor back operation. No way will he be back next week. I would guess 3-4 weeks minimum.

Most of us would have probably been content with 3 points from the Arsenal and Huddersfield games so, thanks to today's splendid result, this now effectively becomes a free hit. If we'd lost today, the pressure to get 3 points at Huddersfield would have been immense, but we can now approach the game with confidence and relatively little pressure. That said, will now be a huge anti-climax if we don't get anything out of this game. Play with the same intensity and passion as today and another 3 points should be in the bag. COYR!!

It doesn't make Huddersfield a free hit, we have to win or at least draw against teams that are down there with us, otherwise they leap frog us. These are the games that we must get something from if we are going to beat the drop, 3 points against the Arse was the unexpected bonus.

this close to selling out, anyone know?

114 tickets still on sale out of our 1566 allocation, should get close to selling out after today's result. Massive game, especially having gifted 3 points to Fulham and Cardiff recently.

It's not a "free hit" at all. We've already lost to two of the worst three teams in the league and we'd better not lose to the third one.

It doesn't make Huddersfield a free hit

It's not a "free hit" at all.

On reflection, my 'thinking out loud' on this was somewhat clumsy I admit. All I was trying to articulate was that if you took the Arsenal and Huddersfield games as a pair, I'm fairly sure most of us would have been content to come away with 3 points from those two games. I'm simply highlighting that that level of expectation is now guaranteed to be met, regardless of the outcome of the Huddersfield game. In other words, I'm stating the bleedin' obvious (just for a change :) )

And, yes, the bottom line is that we should be getting a result against the likes of Huddersfield, regardless of unexpected results elsewhere.

Edited by trousers

Saw Cedric outside the stadium yesterday as he jogged back to his car, didn't appear to be hampered by injury so I would hope that he is ok for Sat !

Having said that, it wouldn't bother me if Valery continued cos he did well yesterday !

The biggest miss would be Redmond IMO as he is the one who will run at them and put them under pressure !

Massive game. One we cannot afford to lose. However, a real chance to win two games back to back since April 2017.

They don't score many, but if they get ahead they will dig right in to protect it so we have to get the lead. Throw in Lemina for Romeu, and perhaps a striker for one of our defenders. Another week of training under Ralph, full of optimism and energy.

Massive game. One we cannot afford to lose. However, a real chance to win two games back to back since April 2017.

They don't score many, but if they get ahead they will dig right in to protect it so we have to get the lead. Throw in Lemina for Romeu, and perhaps a striker for one of our defenders. Another week of training under Ralph, full of optimism and energy.

You want to play a back 2? ..

He is one booking away from suspension. According to the FA website. Don’t know if the info is up to date or not

That was the position as of last Saturday morning Cedric, Hojbjerg, and Romeu (amazing considering how few minutes he has had on the pitch this season) are all one card away from a day off.

Bednarek, Armstrong, and Long got their names taken yesterday. The cut off is final whistle of the West Ham game I believe

If we play with the same intensity and spirit as we did yesterday, and press as well as we did yesterday, then I honestly don't think Huddersfield will be able to handle us to be honest.

Every game is different though and we still have players capable of brain farts, so who knows!

in the league, yes- but we won with 2 games in a row earlier this season when we beat Brighton away in league cup and then Palace in league a couple days later ;) ;)

You want to play a back 2? ..

Think he means 2 centrebacks rather than 3 centrebacks, so a back 4 with 2 cbs.

Will be interesting to see if Ralph sticks with 3 at the back for this one. I generally think it's best to stick with same after a good win but do you really need 3 CBs against Huddersfield attack?

The only thing is you feel Vestergaard probably needs 2 others around him to compensate for lack of running ability! So on balance I would stick with the 3 to start.

Out of the potential injuries I would say Redmond would be the biggest miss with his ability to run with the ball quickly between the lines like he did yesterday.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if Ralph sticks with 3 at the back for this one. I generally think it's best to stick with same after a good win but do you really need 3 CBs against Huddersfield attack?

The only thing is you feel Vestergaard probably needs 2 others around him to compensate for lack of running ability! So on balance I would stick with the 3 to start.

Out of the potential injuries I would say Redmond would be the biggest miss with his ability to run with the ball quickly between the lines like he did yesterday.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I would say the fullbacks seem better suited to playing with 3 at the back behind them rather than in a four.

Our amazing win has put us all on cloud 9. Real chance of another 3 points, but I don't see Huddersfield rolling over.

Mooy a huge loss for them, but feel we will still need to be at our best again to get 3 points.

Hopefully RH can get another good weeks work in, to build on the encouraging start on Sunday. Hope the players take great confidence from Sunday but also keep their feet on the ground.

A lot of hard work to come and need to work just as hard Saturday to make sure we don't get egg on our faces. A long road ahead but finally we have some hope. COYR

Just looking on their forum I thought we were a pessimistic lot

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/111024/bring-on-saints?page=1

Highlight was one of them wishing they had quality like Austin and Long to come off the bench ....

We could let a couple of them make a guest appearance on here, couple of sound observations about us