Pubs for Huddersfield

Saint Garrett

There's loads. Magic Rock is definitely worth a visit. The Sportsman has a good selection of ales but gets busy before the game.

The 2 pubs right by the station are good too. Kings Head probably nicer but I preferred Head of Steam. If you like ale then it's everywhere and stupidly cheap. As far as I'm concerned it's the best away game for drinking because there's plenty of choice, everywhere is walkable and the locals are friendly. You'd struggle to find somewhere that isn't good to be honest.

Slubbers Arms (1 Halifax old rd) best pint of Taylor’s I’ve ever had, cheap as well. Don’t be seduced by the pie and peas offer, and the locals all raving about it. It’s a bizarre dish of hot pork pie surrounded by mushy peas in a bowl. Very strange. Other than that incredibly friendly place with great ale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Magic Rock brewery was f*cking great last time round, though i was pretty half cut before the game and almost missed my train home after as a result of being in there.

Trick is to actually check the percentage of what you order

I totally made that mistake too, the chilli beer seemed a good idea at the time but finished me off! :D

Slubbers Arms (1 Halifax old rd) best pint of Taylor’s I’ve ever had, cheap as well. Don’t be seduced by the pie and peas offer, and the locals all raving about it. It’s a bizarre dish of hot pork pie surrounded by mushy peas in a bowl. Very strange. Other than that incredibly friendly place with great ale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty good to me!!