MUFC vacancy

Koolman

maybe we should just scrape 17th place for the rest of the season on purpose ;)

then Utd and Spurs can fill their vacancies up and not touch our Ralph because of this season...

and then 2019-20, Ralph leads us to the PL title in a (not so) massive shock :smug:

Not worried about United, at all. They seem to be a club without any clear strategy at the moment (a bit like us under les) and anyone who goes in will be expected to achieve something instantly. I can’t see them going for Ralph and I think they’ll go for a ‘proven’ big name, like they did with Jose.

Also, I can’t see Ralph buying into them at the moment either... apparently he turned down Munich in the summer as he felt he ‘wasn’t ready’.

Tottenham does worry me though. A club with a similar philosophy to us but on a larger scale. Porch won’t leave mid season and I very much doubt he’ll go to United, but I can see him moving to Madrid in the summer.

jesus, get over yourselves, do you really think some club is going to pluck Ralphy after one bloody game (two actually, we got beat by cardiff in the other)? Seriously.

No clearly not after two games but then Man Utd have been quite clear they aren't appointing a new manager until the summer they will carry on with a caretaker until then....

...not they will want Ralph in the summer either.

It has to be Poch. Waiting until the summer tells us the new guy is currently employed and they have coveted Poch for a while now. It will be him. He will raid Tottenham and we can sit back and enjoy the Spurs dismay and also their subsequent fall from grace ....

Hopefully we are in the right position in the cycle that if Ralph does well for us to the end of the season he won't have been here long enough for Spurs to be interested in him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch go at the end of the season to MU or Real Madrid. He hasn't got that big a squad at Spurs and they'll always struggle to match the spending power of the super-rich clubs.

Their new ground must have made a hole in their finances which will take a while to recover from.

Why would Poch trade DOWN to United? Those days are over.
Probably because like all managers he has an ego. United are the biggest club in world football and to take them to the top would make him the hottest managerial property. He also would be given time unlike if he took the Madrid job for example. I'd expect him to go there if he was offered it and if he tufns it down it shows a lack of ambition on his part.

Why are people assuming that there wouldn't be a queue of top class managers wanting to go to united? They are the biggest club in the world with huge resources. No class manager is going to be put off by poor form.

just idiotic fan comments. A couple of weeks ago, Ralph would have been dismissed for being out of our league on here

Poch will go to Utd, it will happen.

Zidane to Spurs is my bet, nice challenge for him.

No chance. The only way he'll go to anywhere other than Real is that he gets the message that he has no prospect of the Real job within the next few years.

Poch will not leave Spurs for an English job, certainly not for a club whose glory years are past while the Spurs he has built have glory years to come (maybe)
What are you talking about? That's not how an ambitious managers mind works at all. He may well not go there but it won't be for the reasons you outlined.

Poch will not leave Spurs for an English job, certainly not for a club whose glory years are past while the Spurs he has built have glory years to come (maybe)

You say that as if ‘glory years’ are a right for every club and we all get an equal allocation. Spurs don’t have a brighter future just because it’s there turn. As soon as bigger, richer clubs come in for their stars, they will be off.

Spurs have recruited well thus far but all it takes is a couple more Sherwoods, Soldados and Janssens to replace Poch, Kane and Erikssen when they do leave and they’re back fighting for 6th and 7th with Everton and the rest. Utd on the other hand can spunk £90m on a single player.

Poch won’t win the league or CL with Spurs but he could with Utd, that could decide it for him.

Temp manager until end of season...Poch to Utd, Howe to Spurs.

IF I'm right, your heard it here first and Ill be ITK.

Why do people think Howe can make that kind of a step up? Really not convinced. i reckon Poch to Man U (will laugh so much) and we'll need to keep Levy away from Ralphy baby, or maybe Zidane might be a good fit for the ones who think 'oh when the Spurs' is actually their song. The utter divs

Why do people think Howe can make that kind of a step up? Really not convinced. i reckon Poch to Man U (will laugh so much) and we'll need to keep Levy away from Ralphy baby, or maybe Zidane might be a good fit for the ones who think 'oh when the Spurs' is actually their song. The utter divs

Yeah, Howe may need to prove himself at another club first before going "big time", especially considering his Burnley stint.

The alternative is a temp mgr whilst Zidane learns to talk the English betterly.

zidane to spurs, surely not... his stock is unbelievably high after what he did with RM. reckon he'll wait and play his cards right.

Zidane will probably go to PSG, best French footballer at the richest French club. If United approach Tuchel they might just get a good price and a very good manager.