Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 66

Thread: MUFC vacancy

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    61

    Default MUFC vacancy

    One for Mark Hughes

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    Or Ralph?!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,268

    Default

    It sounds like they are not getting a replacement in until the end of the season. If Ralph does well for us.......

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jawillwill View Post
    Or Ralph?!
    Could be time for a cheeky insurance bet....

  5. #5

    Default

    Surely be Pochettino or Zidane, and possibly Conte.

    Can't see it being anyone else.

  6. #6

    Default

    Poch leaves Spurs, they nab Ralph. Just when things were starting to look up.....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,170
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    maybe we should just scrape 17th place for the rest of the season on purpose
    then Utd and Spurs can fill their vacancies up and not touch our Ralph because of this season...
    and then 2019-20, Ralph leads us to the PL title in a (not so) massive shock

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South of the middle of Mid Devon
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Mark Hughes has to be up there as a candidate. Great player for United and a great record of keeping teams up

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,548

    Default

    Deleted tweet by Pogba a few moments ago...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,548

    Default

    It would be a travesty if Leicester stand in Claude Puel’s way to accept this position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    I was there when Pancake went mad. 15/04/2010.
    Posts
    4,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Deleted tweet by Pogba a few moments ago...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lolz, that's actually quite funny. Shows what dicks footballers can be, but still funny.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    I'll go with, "T**t with stupid hair and earrings."

  13. #13

    Default

    Not worried about United, at all. They seem to be a club without any clear strategy at the moment (a bit like us under les) and anyone who goes in will be expected to achieve something instantly. I can’t see them going for Ralph and I think they’ll go for a ‘proven’ big name, like they did with Jose.

    Also, I can’t see Ralph buying into them at the moment either... apparently he turned down Munich in the summer as he felt he ‘wasn’t ready’.

    Tottenham does worry me though. A club with a similar philosophy to us but on a larger scale. Porch won’t leave mid season and I very much doubt he’ll go to United, but I can see him moving to Madrid in the summer.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    7,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'll go with, "T**t with stupid hair and earrings."
    Yep, especially as he was a major part of the problem there

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    13,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    It would be a travesty if Leicester stand in Claude Puel’s way to accept this position.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It will be Adkins

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    Surely be Pochettino or Zidane, and possibly Conte.

    Can't see it being anyone else.
    No chance it'll be Poch. He's hanging on for Real Madrid and will no doubt get the job some time soon.

  17. #17

    Default

    Whoever goes there will have the curse of Fergie watching over their shoulders the same way he had Matt Busby watching over his when he first went there !

  18. #18

    Default

    jesus, get over yourselves, do you really think some club is going to pluck Ralphy after one bloody game (two actually, we got beat by cardiff in the other)? Seriously.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    17,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    jesus, get over yourselves, do you really think some club is going to pluck Ralphy after one bloody game (two actually, we got beat by cardiff in the other)? Seriously.

    No clearly not after two games but then Man Utd have been quite clear they aren't appointing a new manager until the summer they will carry on with a caretaker until then....



    ...not they will want Ralph in the summer either.

  20. #20

    Default

    It has to be Poch. Waiting until the summer tells us the new guy is currently employed and they have coveted Poch for a while now. It will be him. He will raid Tottenham and we can sit back and enjoy the Spurs dismay and also their subsequent fall from grace ....

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    It has to be Poch. Waiting until the summer tells us the new guy is currently employed and they have coveted Poch for a while now. It will be him. He will raid Tottenham and we can sit back and enjoy the Spurs dismay and also their subsequent fall from grace ....
    Hopefully we are in the right position in the cycle that if Ralph does well for us to the end of the season he won't have been here long enough for Spurs to be interested in him.

  22. #22

    Default

    Alex Crook
    ‏ @alex_crook
    30m30 minutes ago

    Was told on Sunday #MUFC we're trying to get former #SaintsFC transfer guru Paul Mitchell as director of football. Clearly they believe this will help lure Poch away from #THFC in the summer.

  23. #23

    Default

    Would love it for Spurs to get their karma payback after constantly lowballing clubs after unsettling their players and watch poch go to Man U and take Kane/Eriksen with him.

  24. Default

    Roy Keane from now to the end of the season? That would wipe that smirk off Pogba's face!

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,594

    Default

    Leicester have a truly world class manager, why not?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On the frontline in Locks Heath
    Posts
    6,740

    Default

    Can't see Ralph jumping ship anytime soon...his philosophy seems to be very much tied to a project at a club and really investing in that. There's very little loyalty left in top flight football though now, so he might be tempted away next summer if things go well here. Hope not.

  27. #27

    Default

    Looks at home in that seat doesn't he......




  28. Default

    Silva must be due a tapping up approach...

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    2,603

    Default

    Temp manager until end of season...Poch to Utd, Howe to Spurs.

    IF I'm right, your heard it here first and Ill be ITK.

  30. #30

    Default

    Poch will go to Utd, it will happen.

    Zidane to Spurs is my bet, nice challenge for him.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Shirley
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch go at the end of the season to MU or Real Madrid. He hasn't got that big a squad at Spurs and they'll always struggle to match the spending power of the super-rich clubs.

    Their new ground must have made a hole in their finances which will take a while to recover from.

  32. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Poch will go to Utd, it will happen.

    Zidane to Spurs is my bet, nice challenge for him.
    Why would Poch trade DOWN to United? Those days are over.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Why would Poch trade DOWN to United? Those days are over.
    come on, pretty obvious why

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,170
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Poch will go to Utd, it will happen.

    Zidane to Spurs is my bet, nice challenge for him.
    zidane to spurs, surely not... his stock is unbelievably high after what he did with RM. reckon he'll wait and play his cards right.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,038
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Why would Poch trade DOWN to United? Those days are over.
    Probably because like all managers he has an ego. United are the biggest club in world football and to take them to the top would make him the hottest managerial property. He also would be given time unlike if he took the Madrid job for example. I'd expect him to go there if he was offered it and if he tufns it down it shows a lack of ambition on his part.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,038
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Why are people assuming that there wouldn't be a queue of top class managers wanting to go to united? They are the biggest club in the world with huge resources. No class manager is going to be put off by poor form.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    27,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Why are people assuming that there wouldn't be a queue of top class managers wanting to go to united? They are the biggest club in the world with huge resources. No class manager is going to be put off by poor form.
    just idiotic fan comments. A couple of weeks ago, Ralph would have been dismissed for being out of our league on here

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Poch will go to Utd, it will happen.

    Zidane to Spurs is my bet, nice challenge for him.
    No chance. The only way he'll go to anywhere other than Real is that he gets the message that he has no prospect of the Real job within the next few years.

  39. #39

    Default

    Poch will not leave Spurs for an English job, certainly not for a club whose glory years are past while the Spurs he has built have glory years to come (maybe)

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,038
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Poch will not leave Spurs for an English job, certainly not for a club whose glory years are past while the Spurs he has built have glory years to come (maybe)
    What are you talking about? That's not how an ambitious managers mind works at all. He may well not go there but it won't be for the reasons you outlined.

  41. Default

    The Times are reporting that Poch would cost Utd £34m in compensation.

  42. #42

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    Poch will not leave Spurs for an English job, certainly not for a club whose glory years are past while the Spurs he has built have glory years to come (maybe)
    You say that as if ‘glory years’ are a right for every club and we all get an equal allocation. Spurs don’t have a brighter future just because it’s there turn. As soon as bigger, richer clubs come in for their stars, they will be off.

    Spurs have recruited well thus far but all it takes is a couple more Sherwoods, Soldados and Janssens to replace Poch, Kane and Erikssen when they do leave and they’re back fighting for 6th and 7th with Everton and the rest. Utd on the other hand can spunk £90m on a single player.

    Poch won’t win the league or CL with Spurs but he could with Utd, that could decide it for him.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marsdinho View Post
    Temp manager until end of season...Poch to Utd, Howe to Spurs.

    IF I'm right, your heard it here first and Ill be ITK.
    Why do people think Howe can make that kind of a step up? Really not convinced. i reckon Poch to Man U (will laugh so much) and we'll need to keep Levy away from Ralphy baby, or maybe Zidane might be a good fit for the ones who think 'oh when the Spurs' is actually their song. The utter divs

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Camden, London
    Posts
    9,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    The Times are reporting that Poch would cost Utd £34m in compensation.
    which is nothing to them

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sometimes here, sometimes there...
    Posts
    2,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Why do people think Howe can make that kind of a step up? Really not convinced. i reckon Poch to Man U (will laugh so much) and we'll need to keep Levy away from Ralphy baby, or maybe Zidane might be a good fit for the ones who think 'oh when the Spurs' is actually their song. The utter divs
    Yeah, Howe may need to prove himself at another club first before going "big time", especially considering his Burnley stint.

    The alternative is a temp mgr whilst Zidane learns to talk the English betterly.

  46. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,112

    Default

    I am worried about Ralph to Spurs if he does very well here. Which he will.

  47. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    No chance it'll be Poch. He's hanging on for Real Madrid and will no doubt get the job some time soon.
    Based on all the trophies he's won?

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    zidane to spurs, surely not... his stock is unbelievably high after what he did with RM. reckon he'll wait and play his cards right.
    Zidane will probably go to PSG, best French footballer at the richest French club. If United approach Tuchel they might just get a good price and a very good manager.

  49. #49

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    12,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Why would Poch trade DOWN to United? Those days are over.
    What planet are you on? Man United will always be a bigger draw than Spurs.

  50. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Late home listening to Radio 5 after the footie, nearly home and Kelly Cates tosses a comment made by Paul Ince earlier, into the Man Utd postmortem phone in - Sponsored by Kleenex - ince reckons the interim gig is perfect for Hughes and Bruce working together as a management team!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •