Marcus Bettinelli to replace McCarthy?

Master Bates

Ah yes when i was watching our woeful center back's gifting goals to teams, our strikers who's combined total is the same as Dusan Tadic, our midfield who part like the red sea on every attack, and our fullbacks who seem to struggle with defence and attack, i was thinking to myself... What we need is a replacement for our back up keeper.

Thought I heard directly from the horses mouth in an interview that compared to Saints fortunes of late Alex was pretty happy with his lot: kiddies, England appearance, new contract.

Probably some stuff and nonsense probably overheard while we were casually wafting our way to the bottom 3 and possible exit strategy's were being discussed at St Georges Park.

"Oi Kenty we need a short snappy filler for a gap, got something that no one in general will actually notice? and those that will care, well there won't be enough of them to worry about"............. "just don't even think of submitting that piece about The Queen due to announce a day of national mourning for Manchester United not having a manager in the middle of the season".

Who's buying McCarthy, and for how much? I mean, he's an all right keeper, but he's not going for £25m-£30m to an elite team, is he? I doubt his market value is much more than the £13m we paid for Gunn in the summer.

Nothing in this story, IMHO.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Goalkeeper merry go round? Or DM BS?

Look at the top and see what's what. De Gea goes to someone, ManU get Pickford, Everton need a goalie. Spurs might need a replacement at some stage, as Lloris is possibly a bit out of favour. Liverpool and Chelsea spent £130m between them. Man City buy the most expensive so wouldn't look to us I wouldn't have thought. Arsenal not sure.

So Spurs and Everton might be interested I guess.

I think Gunn is pretty much McCarthy's level already anyway and potentially could end up being a lot better so not really a worry IMO.

But seems a weird one, can't see where McCarthy would be going, he is a good solid prem keeper but hardly top 6 material IMO and he's jumped around a lot in his career you'd think now he is has settled and got a number one spot he wouldn't want to jeopardise that.

Goalkeeper merry go round? Or DM BS?

Look at the top and see what's what. De Gea goes to someone, ManU get Pickford, Everton need a goalie. Spurs might need a replacement at some stage, as Lloris is possibly a bit out of favour. Liverpool and Chelsea spent £130m between them. Man City buy the most expensive so wouldn't look to us I wouldn't have thought. Arsenal not sure.

So Spurs and Everton might be interested I guess.

There is also a chance that we might let him go to a team beneath those teams...Leicester will need a keeper at some point, West Ham as they try and break the top 6

I think Gunn is pretty much McCarthy's level already anyway and potentially could end up being a lot better so not really a worry IMO.

But seems a weird one, can't see where McCarthy would be going, he is a good solid prem keeper but hardly top 6 material IMO and he's jumped around a lot in his career you'd think now he is has settled and got a number one spot he wouldn't want to jeopardise that.

This makes sense....

This makes sense....

No it doesn't. He has been around for quite a long time not getting a first team slot anywhere until now. If I were him and someone came in with big bucks and a big wages, I'd probably bite their hand off before I fell out of favour again.

Not saying I want him to go, just that it might make good financial sense for him and his family.

There's no way we've spent £13 Million on a keeper to just warm the bench. Gunn has obviously been signed in preparation for a big team coming in with an offer for McCarthey. Once McCarthey leaves (I think he deserves a crack at the big time), Gunn will be our first choice.

How do so many people on here know that Gunn is at McCarthys level already?

Fukkin hell, I hope you’re all right cos he’d leave a big void if he went. Quality keeper, very solid.

Going on what I saw of him at Norwich, already been in the England setup and his appearences this season suggest he isnt too bad.