Fan behaviour

whelk

Fan behaviour getting 'worse' because it's getting more violent etc? No - compared to the 70s\80s and early 90s it's very well behaved now. Violence was a possibility at any game you went to. Some player getting a bottle thrown at them is a long long way from those days.

Fan behaviour getting 'worse' because there's less atmosphere now vs previous decades? Yes, but I think one comes with the other. Want less trouble? Probably going to have to accept less passion as a side effect.

I dunno i've fallen over seats more than a few times and it's nothing to do with showing off, especially at an away day, and more to do with the session before the game.

To be honest it's one of the main reasons i want safe standing, falling over seats is incredibly easy in a modern ground, the seats are at the perfect height to dislodge you even with a slight movement and all it takes is someone else to nudge you from behind and momentum will take you forward.

I'd agree - I think the couple of times I've done this are because I've been drinking, too much, before - generally with no food / evening games.