Xmas/new year period - other games

Batman

If we can stay out of the bottom 3 after Chelsea, I’ll take that every day of the week. Fulham winning leaves Huddersfield can’t get above us by then, and Fulham are at Arsenal next. Burnley have West Ham, who if they play like they did Thursday will do them, they then can’t be above us unless they stuff Huddersfield in their next game.

After Chelsea everyone will have played everyone once and 2 teams twice. The 2 teams we’ve played twice will be City and Chelsea. Surely we can stay above Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield for the remaining fixtures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we can stay out of the bottom 3 after Chelsea, I’ll take that every day of the week. Fulham winning leaves Huddersfield can’t get above us by then, and Fulham are at Arsenal next. Burnley have West Ham, who if they play like they did Thursday will do them, they then can’t be above us unless they stuff Huddersfield in their next game.

After Chelsea everyone will have played everyone once and 2 teams twice. The 2 teams we’ve played twice will be City and Chelsea. Surely we can stay above Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield for the remaining fixtures.

Totally agree with all of that.

:thumbup:

Going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it with people. The moment things go against us the doom and gloom merchants spout shyte like this. Anyone who thought that our two wins on the bounce represented ‘the swallow that made the summer’ is just deluded. I reckon we’ll be back in the bottom three at some stage, how the f**k are some of you going to cope with that? This season is about salvaging what’s left ie half a season. Hopefully it will end with us being safe, but it might not. Anything from the next two games is a bonus and again we might well end with us getting no points from nine, again how will you cope with that? Or are you just trolling for effect or are just an attention seeking w*nker

What is it with people. The moment things go against us the doom and gloom merchants spout shyte like this. Anyone who thought that our two wins on the bounce represented ‘the swallow that made the summer’ is just deluded. I reckon we’ll be back in the bottom three at some stage, how the f**k are some of you going to cope with that? This season is about salvaging what’s left ie half a season. Hopefully it will end with us being safe, but it might not. Anything from the next two games is a bonus and again we might well end with us getting no points from nine, again how will you cope with that? Or are you just trolling for effect or are just an attention seeking w*nker

:mcinnes: Oh dear that float went under like it had torpedoed twice - you took the bait in style Sir! :p

Beat City tomorrow, and we are only 10 points behind Leicester in 8th. OK, tongue in cheek, but this League is still very close outside the top 6. A few wins against teams around us by the end of February, and a few Hassenhuttl transfer gems in January, and we could well be looking to finish in the top 10 come the end of the season. (Though in the most recent table I did, I have us as finishing 13th.)

As for relegation I still think it's Huddersfield, Cardiff and one other...possibly Burnley or Newcastle or someone slipping like Bournemouth. Relegation shouldn't be our concern long term.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/marco-silva.104365/page-643

His popularity is pretty thin and rightly so

#overated

The thing I always find funny about Everton fans is they think they are a top 6 club so should be there every season. Not getting into top 6 = failure.

But who in place of exactly? Liverpool, City and Spurs are pretty much always in the top 6. Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd are pretty much always in the top 6.

Brighton away is no easy game as we well know. In fact they have only lost to Spurs and Chelsea at home all season. 4 of their last 5 away games were against City, Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea. Not many clubs below the top 6 will be getting points from those fixtures.

If they want to be a top 6 club they have to spend a mega amount on world class players and a world class manager. They have done neither.

The thing I always find funny about Everton fans is they think they are a top 6 club so should be there every season. Not getting into top 6 = failure.

But who in place of exactly? Liverpool, City and Spurs are pretty much always in the top 6. Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd are pretty much always in the top 6.

Brighton away is no easy game as we well know. In fact they have only lost to Spurs and Chelsea at home all season. 4 of their last 5 away games were against City, Liverpool, Utd and Chelsea. Not many clubs below the top 6 will be getting points from those fixtures.

If they want to be a top 6 club they have to spend a mega amount on world class players and a world class manager. They have done neither.

tbf I think they have spent a fair amount this season- £45m on Sigurdsson (not this season I know), £44m on Richarlison, £29m on Yerry Mina etc etc

What clubs like Leicester/Everton/West Ham and tbh ourselves want is to basically blow all PL teams bar the top 6 out of the water, but be competetive against the top 6, and as a minimum comfortably finish 7th/challenge top 6.

In reality, don’t see that happening for the foreseeable future with the gap between the other 14 clubs minimising

tbf I think they have spent a fair amount this season- £45m on Sigurdsson (not this season I know), £44m on Richarlison, £29m on Yerry Mina etc etc

What clubs like Leicester/Everton/West Ham and tbh ourselves want is to basically blow all PL teams bar the top 6 out of the water, but be competetive against the top 6, and as a minimum comfortably finish 7th/challenge top 6.

In reality, don’t see that happening for the foreseeable future with the gap between the other 14 clubs minimising

I think Everton and such like believe they can get in as they spend more than spurs for example.

The top six will always be the same six bar an odd season , being the best of the rest is as good as it will get

for the other 14, not sure who that will be this season but it won't be Everton

just saw big Leslie going ballistic in the Kop end

£30m for Mane :lol: joke

ranges between £30-£38.5 million tbf, depends on your agenda really if you take the lower amount.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sadio-mane/transfers/spieler/200512/transfer_id/1516746

^ your favourite website has it as 41.2 million euros, so around £37m.

me personally, think we got £34m rising to £38.5m which I believe it will given the goals/appearances he has made for them by now, including the fact he scored in a CL final for them and they may very well win the league.

I honestly don't think we could have got much more for him (at a push £40m), it was early summer 2016 before Pogba's transfers, and not to forget he only had 2 years left on his contract. i'm pretty sure he was still the 3rd or 4th highest paid transfer that summer anyway

The top six will always be the same six bar an odd season , being the best of the rest is as good as it will get

for the other 14, not sure who that will be this season but it won't be Everton

But a few years ago, it was the top 4.... now it’s the top six.... I think Everton want to join the party, not replace anyone

ranges between £30-£38.5 million tbf, depends on your agenda really if you take the lower amount.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sadio-mane/transfers/spieler/200512/transfer_id/1516746

^ your favourite website has it as 41.2 million euros, so around £37m.

me personally, think we got £34m rising to £38.5m which I believe it will given the goals/appearances he has made for them by now, including the fact he scored in a CL final for them and they may very well win the league.

I honestly don't think we could have got much more for him (at a push £40m), it was early summer 2016 before Pogba's transfers, and not to forget he only had 2 years left on his contract. i'm pretty sure he was still the 3rd or 4th highest paid transfer that summer anyway

Yep sums it up perfectly

We might not agree in some of the other threads but this is right on the money for me.

That award of a penalty makes the decision when Bednarek was wrestled to the floor on Thursday even more galling!

Adds to the futility of being a small club in the Premier. Even if we could spend like the Man Citys, we rarely get decisions like that (yes I know Redmond handled the goal the other night).

Edited by OttawaSaint