Huddersfield v Saints Match Thread

Shroppie

Nathan finally fulfillng his potential under Ralph?
When he's not stuck on the left hand touchline and instructed to turn/pass back all game he looks good, always has. Get him in the middle or out on the right and get him running at people.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Great first half - Romeu and Hoj running things in midfield; Yoshida and Vest both commanding - Redmond very lively. Only two disappointments are Armstrong who isn't involved at all and Targett looks shaky at LB. I'd replace Armstrong with Lemina and play him advanced left side. The energy and some of the passing from Saints has been great to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBLIcAulx9k

what a goal that is from Townsend

****ing hell what a strike that was.

Back to Saints.

Just goes to show you how **** our previous managers have been. If you try and win you might actually win. Nice to have a manager with some balls who isn't afraid to take chances and make decisions that actually give us chances to win games.

How managers get paid millions for being **** and getting sacked is just crazy.

Fitness and pace are key to Ralphie's style. With the constant pressing and attacking (from all positions), the players need to rotate back on defence very quickly when they lose possession. No more static players, passing back, style.

IMO the 2 wings are the weakest link. When we get Bertrand and Cedric back out there, with their pace, this lineup will really fly. Then Targett and Valery can supply quality depth on the bench (with Lemina/Romeu, Austin, Stephens, etc.).

Great first half - Romeu and Hoj running things in midfield; Yoshida and Vest both commanding - Redmond very lively. Only two disappointments are Armstrong who isn't involved at all and Targett looks shaky at LB. I'd replace Armstrong with Lemina and play him advanced left side. The energy and some of the passing from Saints has been great to watch.

I actually like Armstrong out there, but I agree on Targett. I can't wait to see Bertrand and Cedric out there