Saints v West Ham Build-up

SuperSAINT

yes, him or Andy Carroll tbh will end up scoring... glad Arnautovic is not 100% confirmed yet, hopefully he don't play either.

The pony tailed ponce and Mark Noble are 2 of the most dispicable players in the league. Forever wingeing to the ref for every tackle against them yet annoyingly always seem to be amongst the goals against us.

Would love to dish out a spanking to them and get us moving up the table.

Remember their Supporters Club hiring a pleasure craft on The Thames for a celebrate Automatic Promotion Party, but had to cancel it as we came 2nd .... smug ghets!!

Mark Lawrence always predicts a win or draw for Liverpool, even when they are in a slump, and he also seems to hate West Ham for some reason. He predicts based on his general opinion of the clubs, and doesn’t account for form or situation.

That’s why he’s such a nob end

Does anyone who isn't a West ham supporter actually like them? They're a thoroughly hateable club run, supported and represented by utter bell ends.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

No Boxing Day or New Year’s games for us? Not even a Sat one this weekend. Fixtures list - or Sky - has well and truly mucked us around this year.

ironically for me it has worked out better! taking a train to southampton tomorrow until sunday, and then able to take a train into London for the Chelsea game next wednesday!

(yes I am a public transport warrior)

not even considering relegation now. Bottom 3 all v poor as are Cardiff.

We have world’s best manager

I know we’re a long way from safe yet but I’m definitely looking more at the Bournemouth, Wolves, Brighton area of the table this week. This team should be nowhere near relegation by the end of the season.

not even considering relegation now. Bottom 3 all v poor as are Cardiff.

We have world’s best manager

Same. Hoping the board will recognise this and give the man a little money to play with at the end of the season. Then we can see what he can really do!

Could be a real opportunity for us.

Top 3 home games v West Ham? I've missed a lot of them over the years but of those I was at, these 3 stand out for me:

1/ March 1967 Saints 6 West Ham 2. We beat what was referred to at the time as West Ham’s World Cup winning team, as it included Moore, Hurst and Peters, in one of the most entertaining games ever played at the Dell.

2/ August 1988 Saints 4 West Ham 0. Paul Rideout scored 2 goals in one of the best debuts by a Saints striker.

3/ August 2017 Saints 3 West Ham 2. Austin's 93rd minute penalty gave us what stands out in recent years as a very rare injury time victory.

Looking forward to another good win tomorrow.

Top 3 home games v West Ham? I've missed a lot of them over the years but of those I was at, these 3 stand out for me:

1/ March 1967 Saints 6 West Ham 2. We beat what was referred to at the time as West Ham’s World Cup winning team, as it included Moore, Hurst and Peters, in one of the most entertaining games ever played at the Dell.

2/ August 1988 Saints 4 West Ham 0. Paul Rideout scored 2 goals in one of the best debuts by a Saints striker.

3/ August 2017 Saints 3 West Ham 2. Austin's 93rd minute penalty gave us what stands out in recent years as a very rare injury time victory.

That 1-0 win in the Championship in 2011/12 was pretty sweet too.

I seem to remember a game v West Ham in the late 90s. Ken Monkou scored a perfectly good goal from a corner, but the ref disallowed it because he managed to turn Razor Ruddock so well that he ran into his own team-mate and ended up on his fat ar$e.

Possibly one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Can't remember if it cost us any points though.

I vaguely remember a really drab 0-0 with West Ham, probably around the branfoot era. Very wet. On Sky I think. Evening game - when down with my group of friends as the worst saints game ever.

That was when Dave Merrington was manager. First and only time I left a game at half time....went to the cricket club's bar that was in Northlands Road at the time and had a few drinks to try and erase the memory of that first half.

I seem to remember a game v West Ham in the late 90s. Ken Monkou scored a perfectly good goal from a corner, but the ref disallowed it because he managed to turn Razor Ruddock so well that he ran into his own team-mate and ended up on his fat ar$e.

Possibly one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Can't remember if it cost us any points though.

If it’s the game I’m thinking of it cost us 1 point (we lost 1-0) and ref was Uriah Rennie.

Edited by OttawaSaint

https://www.premierleague.com/match/2595

Interesting to see some of the names who played in that match.

That was when Dave Merrington was manager. First and only time I left a game at half time....went to the cricket club's bar that was in Northlands Road at the time and had a few drinks to try and erase the memory of that first half.

I sat through the vast majority of Puel & Pellegrino games but none of them were as dull as that match against West Ham. Highly unlikely I'll ever witness a game so bad.

I sat through the vast majority of Puel & Pellegrino games but none of them were as dull as that match against West Ham. Highly unlikely I'll ever witness a game so bad.

As it happens, I was at all 3 of those (I don't get to many home games nowadays). My memories of the 1967 game were that Saints absolutely hammered the Hammers that day - could have been many more for us, and they were lucky to get the 2 - but before kick-off, as these World Cup winners were warming up, they looked fantastic! Taller, more handsome, more tanned, and the way they passed the ball around amongst themselves! Then the game started! Happy days....

MLT on TalkSPORT now saying the intensity in training is the highest he has ever seen.

Ralph has no issue what so ever I’m dropping players who won’t/can’t put a shift in

Hughes unlucky with Ings injuries

The atmosphere is brilliant at the training ground and now around the club after the Arsenal game.

Did not expect any other result at Huddersfield with the way we train

Delighted for Obefemi given he has missed a couple of chances but kept going. He has frightening pace and that will trouble defenders

2 wins on the bounce and everyone is raring to go. We have a far better chance beating West Ham than we did a few weeks ago

Reckon 2-1 or 2-2. Should be a good team but first goal absolutely vital.

Guessing we'll be unchanged tonight and worry about the city game later.

We'll have to be changed, no Hoj. Personally think we'll change one or two more - someone in for Armstrong and a wing back.

BBC saying Oba will be starting ? Him for Armstrong maybe ?
Not sure if that's based on anything concrete or just assuming he will start because he came on and scored.

I reckon it will be Lemina for Hoj and possibly Stephens or Cedric for Valery, but otherwise unchanged to start.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk