Saints v West Ham Build-up

SuperSAINT

He’s just come back after 5 weeks out with hamstring make good sense to me not madness
Yeah, I guess you would have to go with whatever Ralph is seeing in training. Ideally you would want Ings in this one rather than City but if it's too much of a risk injury wise then not worth pushing him too hard.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if Elyounoussi gets on.

Pretty much every substitution he's made has paid off so would be good for squad depth if RH can get something out of Moi.

From what I remember of the forum 'research' when we signed him, he was an aggressive, attack-minded player who always wanted to go forward - not sideways or back. That was beaten out of him by the 'style' of Pellegrino and Hughes. If we can see the change in Elyounoussi that Ralph has brought out of Redmond, we might yet see that side of him - and it would be a hell of a plus.

It would also raise the question of what Ralph could do given a little time with some of the on-loan flops - even if it's just to increase their transfer value to fund signings better-suited to his style.

From what I remember of the forum 'research' when we signed him, he was an aggressive, attack-minded player who always wanted to go forward - not sideways or back. That was beaten out of him by the 'style' of Pellegrino and Hughes. If we can see the change in Elyounoussi that Ralph has brought out of Redmond, we might yet see that side of him - and it would be a hell of a plus.

It would also raise the question of what Ralph could do given a little time with some of the on-loan flops - even if it's just to increase their transfer value to fund signings better-suited to his style.

Elyounoussi never played under Pellegrino. Also a bit much to talk about a player having their game beaten out of them in only a few months.

McCarthy; Bednarek, Yoshida, Vestergaard; Valery, Romeu ©, Lemina, Armstrong, Targett; Redmond, Ings.

#momentum

It's the right team for me, knock over a bare-bones WHU, continue the winning stuff, squeeze one more game out of them for Sunday, the rest of the squad can then play the Chelsea and the FA cup game. Good tactics, pointless rotating tonight and giving WH a sniff ... I'm going for a solid 2-0 and a rare clean sheet (#kissofdeath)

Elyounoussi never played under Pellegrino.

You're right - he arrived after Pellegrino left. I get confused when we're talking about the expensive, highly talented players we've signed that end up looking like an utter waste of money.

Also a bit much to talk about a player having their game beaten out of them in only a few months.

Couldn't disagree more. If they are being forced to play in a system that doesn't suit them, alongside players inculcated with a strong possession first/attack later mindset, their natural style does get beaten out of them. We've seen a much more direct Redmond and we might yet see a much more direct Elyounoussi.

Still think Valery's a risk. Hopefully Ralph's seeing in training that he is an improvement on Cedric, rather than the issue being Cedric wanting away in Jan.

For me he has been excellent, considering the mess he was at Cardiff, he has done very well to come back and do well.

I like the fact he isn’t willing to chop and change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk