Saints v West Ham Build-up

SuperSAINT

With Hoj out suspended, I would do a straight swap with Lemina. Apart from that same team please Ralph.

Ah, he's a big loss for us.

Looking at West Ham, Balbuena hurt his knee today. Unsure how bad it was.

Arnautovic / Wilshere / Fredericks / Yarmolenko / Sanchez / Reid / Lanzini should all be out.

Perez & Carroll will be back.

With Hoj out suspended, I would do a straight swap with Lemina. Apart from that same team please Ralph.

Personally I think guys like Long and Austin were held out today in anticipation of playing Thursday instead. I think this is why Obi came on instead. So I'd expect a line of Long, Austin, Redmond, then Lemina and Romeu (unless he wants to rest Romeu for someone else). We may see Cedric back for this in place of one of the wings too. The back is a guess.

Personally I think guys like Long and Austin were held out today in anticipation of playing Thursday instead. I think this is why Obi came on instead. So I'd expect a line of Long, Austin, Redmond, then Lemina and Romeu (unless he wants to rest Romeu for someone else). We may see Cedric back for this in place of one of the wings too. The back is a guess.

Loves a goal against them.

Would be astonished (and disappointed) if Long and Austin start vs West Ham.

Ings came off after 65mins today and there is a 5 day gap to that game.

Rest players for City, West Ham should be targetted for a win.

Should be a good game this. Only worry is defensively we still look a little shaky and West Ham have goals in them.

Agreed. Understandably a lot of jubilation around but doesn't disguise the fact that there is a lot of work to do on the squad and the team. Hopefully Ralph has a short time crisis plan, ie this is what we do to stay in the Premier League, then a long term strategy to make Saints a solid Premier league outfit.

What is good to see is the extinguishing of arrogance and complacency that I warned of 3 years ago.

Agreed. Understandably a lot of jubilation around but doesn't disguise the fact that there is a lot of work to do on the squad and the team. Hopefully Ralph has a short time crisis plan, ie this is what we do to stay in the Premier League, then a long term strategy to make Saints a solid Premier league outfit.

What is good to see is the extinguishing of arrogance and complacency that I warned of 3 years ago.

What’s also good to see is an upbeat Dalek- Merry Christmas Sir! :D

I must have watched a different game to most.

Didn't anyone notice how Armstrong was just jogging about, completely out of the game? He is the new Prowse.

Armstrong didn't bother to chase or mark anyone when not on possession. When we had the ball he hardly bothered to get involved.

Rabbit hutch replaced him on 70 mins. Should have done that on 45 mins.

Didn't anyone notice how Armstrong was just jogging about, completely out of the game? He is the new Prowse.

Armstrong didn't bother to chase or mark anyone when not on possession. When we had the ball he hardly bothered to get involved.

Perhaps not as scathing as you but I too have my doubts about Armstrong - thought he was lightweight and something of a passenger yesterday. I doubt he will make the grade now Ralph is on board. He strikes me as a poor man's Steven Davis when Davo was in his prime.

TBF you normally watch a different game to everyone else

Would like to see Cedric start, Valery has done well but Felipe Anderson is their best attacker, especially if Arnautovic is out so I think Cedrics experience against him and pace will be important.

Plus unless they start Carroll, there is no big attacker to pull onto him,.

Would like to see Cedric start, Valery has done well but Felipe Anderson is their best attacker, especially if Arnautovic is out so I think Cedrics experience against him and pace will be important.

Plus unless they start Carroll, there is no big attacker to pull onto him,.

They might just start Carroll. Hernandez went off injured against Watford.

Perhaps not as scathing as you but I too have my doubts about Armstrong - thought he was lightweight and something of a passenger yesterday. I doubt he will make the grade now Ralph is on board. He strikes me as a poor man's Steven Davis when Davo was in his prime.

In his defence he was getting fouled a great deal. Suspect will be on bench for the Hammers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd that I swear I saw him chasing a lost cause in first half which defender had to pass back to keeper, who then kicked it to Romeu at start of our move for second goal !

Remember Hernandez made a double last year though we won 3-2 finally, thanks to Austin's penalty in the stoppage time. Any news on Hernandez injury?

I read it was a hamstring tweak.

Pellegrini said that they will assess him & Balbuena before the game. (I didn't see the highlights so didn't see how serious it looked).

Mate reckons they should have Arnautovic back for Thursday...

Would go same team I think.

This website seems to think Hojbjerg and Romeu are both one yellow away...it may not have been updated but does say that the next game is West Ham...

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Capture.jpg

-----------------McCarthy----------------

---Bednarek--Vestergaard---Yoshida---

Valery----------Romeu-----------Targett

--------Hojbjerg-----Armstrong---------

-----------Redmond--Ings---------------

Difficult to make a case for anyone else just walking into the team after 2 wins. Will certainly be interesting when Cedric and Bertrand return and back fully fit.

There's clearly a few that are either injured, on their way or just haven't impressed Ralph since he's come in...

Bertrand, Cedric, Hoedt, JWP, Davis, Elyounoussi, Gabbiadini...

Probably only about £500K a week we're paying that lot...

Edited by Saint Garrett

This website seems to think Hojbjerg and Romeu are both one yellow away...it may not have been updated but does say that the next game is West Ham...

Difficult to make a case for anyone else just walking into the team after 2 wins. Will certainly be interesting when Cedric and Bertrand return and back fully fit.

There's clearly a few that are either injured, on their way or just haven't impressed Ralph since he's come in...

That would be typical.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2764&stc=1

The club website confirms Hojbjerg will miss the game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2764[/ATTACH]

Hojbjerg is definitely out so I’d go this team with Lemina in for Hojbjerg.

It will be interesting to see who fills the extra space in the squad- another youngster maybe?

Hojbjerg is definitely out so I’d go this team with Lemina in for Hojbjerg.

It will be interesting to see who fills the extra space in the squad- another youngster maybe?

Slattery probably the most likely option from the academy.

Davis or JWP if not.

Arnautovic / Wilshere / Fredericks / Yarmolenko / Sanchez / Reid / Lanzini should all be out.

Reports that Balbuena and Hernandez both out injured.

Bugger. He'll score his obligatory goal or two against us, and then get injured for another 3 months.

BIG game this one.

They were on a 4 match run prior to losing to Watford (which is impressive given their injuries).

A win would be amazing with City/Chelsea coming up after.

Anderson the player to watch for them.

I thought they were pretty good against Watford

So I am expecting a hard game and a draw would be fine with me

I thought they were pretty good against Watford

So I am expecting a hard game and a draw would be fine with me

I only just watched the highlights of them vs Watford & you're right. They were still very good.

Funny how West Ham have done so well with all their injuries, but it weirdly seems to have helped them to go back to players like Snodgrass & Antonio whereas they previously looked to be close to being shipped out.

Been pretty spot on about Liverpool being undefeated this season....

Mark Lawrence always predicts a win or draw for Liverpool, even when they are in a slump, and he also seems to hate West Ham for some reason. He predicts based on his general opinion of the clubs, and doesn’t account for form or situation.

That’s why he’s such a nob end

Mark Lawrence always predicts a win or draw for Liverpool, even when they are in a slump, and he also seems to hate West Ham for some reason. He predicts based on his general opinion of the clubs, and doesn’t account for form or situation.

That’s why he’s such a nob end

*Lawrenson, obvs