Bookmaker odds

Tamesaint

Ok. I may have had too much Chistmas spirit (hic !) but I have been looking at Bookmakers odds for the Premier League for the rest of the season.

We are 500 /1 to finish in the top 6 which is fair enough. I don't think that is a realistic option for us but 10/1for us to finish in the top half looks quite generous. We are 10 points behind 10th place atm and with half a season left and our recent form upgrade , I do not think that is a bad bet.

It must be unlikely that we finish in the top half but if we were certain to do this we wouldn't be 10 / 1.If we do a palace / Leicester and get any sort of result against Man C / Chelsea our odds will drop.

We are about 9/1 to be relegated too.

You are right that if we beat Man City we are more likely to finish in the top half. But that's reflected in the odds.

Beating Arsenal and Huddersfield saw our relegation odds shift from 3/1 to 9/1, so - if you knew in advance we were going to win those games you could have trebled your money.

The bookies think it's an 80% chance that we finish somewhere between 11th and 17th. That sounds about right to me.

Just put 10 on top 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walking down the street with my mate, I found a five pound note blown against a fence. "That's good luck!" he said. "You should buy a lottery ticket with that."

I thought "that's a good idea," but to save time I just chucked the fiver into the bin.