Hampshire CCC 2019 Season thread.

Picard

I’m meaning T20. We’ve definitely got Vince and Dawson back. Yeah Morris is only T20 just trying to work out the second T20 only overseas player.
There isn't one unless Rahane stays but my understanding is that he finished today. Did not field for Kent second innings but sat by the boundary.

Looks like Rahane and Fidel are finished with us now. We have the South African Morris. Doesn’t make sense . Some teams have three overseas players for The T20.

Fidel not even finishing the 4 day season later on then ?

I'd hoped we'd might get Markram back for the T20 but I guess he has other things to do.

There isn't one unless Rahane stays but my understanding is that he finished today. Did not field for Kent second innings but sat by the boundary.

Was Rahane injured or just an end of term thing? Funny really you would have thought Rahane mid season would outscore and play Markram in early season conditions but never worked out like that. Should have Vince and Dawson for T20s as Vince didn’t take his WC opportunities and some way off for the tests bar a glut of injuries.

Was Rahane injured or just an end of term thing? Funny really you would have thought Rahane mid season would outscore and play Markram in early season conditions but never worked out like that. Should have Vince and Dawson for T20s as Vince didn’t take his WC opportunities and some way off for the tests bar a glut of injuries.

Rahane was only ever here for the 6 championship games. He's off to W.Indies next month, skippering India in the tests as Kohli is being rested.

Anyone want to try to explain to me in simple terms why exactly we persist with Chris Wood ? Just got smashed for 16 off 5 balls in the last over to lose the match for us.

I was going to say the same

Mind you we were 10 t0 15 runs under par.

I felt he would cock it up

I thought Abbott should have had the last over

I was going to say the same

Mind you we were 10 t0 15 runs under par.

I felt he would cock it up

I thought Abbott should have had the last over

Yes we were short, probably because Northeast, amongst other reasons like the openers getting out too soon, is a bit slow when you need runs quickly. I'd make him open and put Rossouw in further down.

You have put my exact post....why do we keep playing dolly drop Wood??

Every season is the same with him can we not get any better or is he cheap??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just not understandable, he plays in the seconds most of the season and then gets one day games where he is constantly useless. Was Holland not available or something? Won't even mention farming out Fidel, guess there's some sort of reason for that.

Yes we were short, probably because Northeast, amongst other reasons like the openers getting out too soon, is a bit slow when you need runs quickly. I'd make him open and put Rossouw in further down.

Yes I agree

It ironic but Fidel tore Leics apart

Fidel has a contract for red ball. (They worked something out for the ODI's when we were short of bowlers ) so he wasn't pickable for the T20's without working out a new contract .Why they chose to give Wood a white ball contract rather than Fidel is another question.

Fidel has a contract for red ball. (They worked something out for the ODI's when we were short of bowlers ) so he wasn't pickable for the T20's without working out a new contract .Why they chose to give Wood a white ball contract rather than Fidel is another question.

Well tbh it's probably pretty obvious that Fidel costs more than Wood. However we have other bowlers who'd probably only cost the same even if they don't have white ball contracts, I'm sure Holland would have done a better job.

Season is becoming a bit of a shambles after a good start.

From 36:1 to 85ao, against 75mph bowling. Starc won't even need a run up.

Moeen has played himself out of contention after a poor WC as well, Burns has looked terrible outside off stump. Bairstow had a great WC but needs some practice as two poor dismissals. At risk a bit with Buttler and Stokes to return. Root out twice to poor shots.

Shame Leach didn’t get his hundred and at least Roy got some runs. Stone is another option to replace Wood if he too doesn’t get injured.

Hants didn’t help the Aussies with the practice game pitch!

Off to the T20 game on Friday - whats the best way to get to the ground from Basingstoke?

Thanks

With an umbrella and wellies by the look of the forecast.

By car J7 off the M27. Follow the signs but leave yourself plenty of time. The last 1/2 mile will take ages.

I would go by train and walk the 15 mins or so from Hedge End station.

• 2 weeks later...
Watched our dire team play on Sky the other night,well our bowling display. Comical. Talk about no imagination and pedestrician pace.

Well I don't think the batting is any too great either, what can you expect with Dawson batting at 4 really. Morris looks a bit sub-standard when compared to some of the other overseas players. Still, real cricket again on Sunday, hopefully we'll put on a good display, try to finish 3rd maybe.

Well I don't think the batting is any too great either, what can you expect with Dawson batting at 4 really. Morris looks a bit sub-standard when compared to some of the other overseas players. Still, real cricket again on Sunday, hopefully we'll put on a good display, try to finish 3rd maybe.
they seem to mirror Saints the quality is diluted

Only 1 wicket for Hants so far today, so only 1 bowling point. Surrey only 9 ahead though so it'll probably be a draw. We can only hope that Essex don't collapse in the way Kent did earlier on and that our 4th place will be preserved.

I wouldn't completely rule out a Hampshire collapse after the demoralising bowling effort.