Saints vs West Ham--Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

We're poor tonight. Wing backs are a weakness, Armstrong everywhere apart from where he should be, ponderous and look jaded.

Couple of hard fought wins and intense training taking their toll a bit? Certainly don’t look as fresh as West Ham

Romeu has been awful. Given the ball away too often and I'm sick of watching him slowly jog back and then walk around in front of the penalty area. He looks shattered already.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

He hasn't. Really hasn't. But we miss Intensity all over the park. Perhaps we,iss Hoj. But defence gives it away too much. Lemina losing it in key positions. targett just too weak. At the moment would definitely take a point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He hasn't. Really hasn't. But we miss Intensity all over the park. Perhaps we,iss Hoj. But defence gives it away too much. Lemina losing it in key positions. targett just too weak. At the moment would definitely take a point.

He really has. Watch back the clips of those break aways from West ham, romeu is pathetically trotting back - including once after running straight into a West ham player to give the ball away himself.

He really has. Watch back the clips of those break aways from West ham, romeu is pathetically trotting back - including once after running straight into a West ham player to give the ball away himself.

About 10 minutes ago he sprinted to the near post and blocked their attack, then took it out of the box and made a break. Definitely not all bad.

He's been linking up play well. Lots of short astute passes and linking the defence

Let’s be fair to West Ham, they have defended excellently.

Got numbers back quickly, made us play it sideways and backwards. Look at our throws, they are going backwards.

They are getting the better of our wingbacks and getting into good positions

Rice is class

We look really shattered.

I really wish Ings wouldn't fall over so easy. Every time the ball goes towards him he just falls over and takes an age to get up again.

Don't think we have played that bad at all. Can see the structure and ideas there. Been a bit unlucky with some balls taking slight deflections and not going where we intended them to go.

Be interesting to see the stats for how far Targett and Redmond have ran as they seem to be up and down the pitch constantly.

He's been linking up play well. Lots of short astute passes and linking the defence

Yep, I think you can both be right in this case. Overall I think Romeu has been good but there have definitely been a couple of instances - including the Perez chance - where he has to work harder to get back into the box.

Let’s be fair to West Ham, they have defended excellently.

Got numbers back quickly, made us play it sideways and backwards. Look at our throws, they are going backwards.

They are getting the better of our wingbacks and getting into good positions

Rice is class

Second that, the lad Rice will be at a top 4 club by the end of the year ...

Definitely second best so far, and probably lucky to still be level. Then again we haven't had a lot of luck for ages.

Expecting to run rampant over them is probably asking a bit much, but no reason we can't still nick a result and move on.

Let's just not concede is all I ask for.

Hanging on, really. We're desperately limited in possession - no quality, pace, incisive passing.

Lemina's having one of his off days. Rice is absolutely dominating the midfield on his own.

Not sure what we've got that can turn things around - seems like only a matter of time before West Ham make their superiority count.

Hoping Ralph has got a cracking team talk up his sleeve.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Definitely second best so far, and probably lucky to still be level. Then again we haven't had a lot of luck for ages.

Expecting to run rampant over them is probably asking a bit much, but no reason we can't still nick a result and move on.

Let's just not concede is all I ask for.

A clean sheet tonight would be a good result.

Now, if we can just steal a goal...

Glad HT has come. Vestergard looking more composed. Lemina getting more forward than usual. Targett doing as many good things as bad. Romeu risky as ever but doing a job.

Trying hard but not gelling yet. Manager will correct for the second half ;)

Thought the ref missed a couple of fouls.

Wonder whether West Ham have made a plan for Redmond after his recent good form and seemingly being the key to our attacking play. He hasn't done much today, and they've been straight into him most of the times he's got it. Neither he nor Ings are having much of a sniff.

Targett and Valery worry me. I think Targett can be good, but lacks pace and is prone to errors. Valery just looks a bit weak all round. Lemina lost it at the end to allow West Ham to break but Valery should have given the ball to Romeu earlier and instead gives it to Lemina when he's got nowhere to go.

Although West Ham have had more of the ball I don't think it has been one way traffic. It's been end to end a fair bit, the difference is we seem to lose it quicker than they do.

Hanging on, really. We're desperately limited in possession - no quality, pace, incisive passing.

Lemina's having one of his off days. Rice is absolutely dominating the midfield on his own.

Not sure what we've got that can turn things around - seems like only a matter of time before West Ham make their superiority count.

Hoping Ralph has got a cracking team talk up his sleeve.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I really wouldn't say we were "hanging on". Second best perhaps but not exactly desperate.

We're losing it high up, and with lots of players pressing. Most are struggling to recover, but Lamina has put in some lung busting runs to get back goal side. We're gonna get done like this though, caught on the break.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I don’t get why people think we look knackered. You can see what he’s doing, get us to play a solid defensive shape, the problem is Targett and Valery are no good going forward to give us the width we need and Redmond and Ings are getting no change from a very physical and quick back 4 who aren’t being stretched by attacking full backs. We look solid but we don’t have the pace or width going forward for the reasons stated above.

Need to impose ourselves more across the middle somehow. Romeu and Lemina struggling to keep up with West Ham at times and not getting much help from the full backs.

Wonder if Ralph may consider taking off a CB and putting extra Midfielder on?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk