Absence of Cedric

Dusic

Interesting to see him linked with Everton today.

Won't take long for us to know if it's legit or not as they have some well briefed journo's in that part of the world.

Just out of interest, how are they stacked at right-back?

hey just a minute Everton have to unload players to bring in someone new... I thought it was only us that had to do that

Saints have needed a new senior rightback for ages. Cedric has not impressed, especially defensively.

Use Cedric as bait for Lookman if they are interested. Sign senior rightback from elsewhere.

The first part is such utter nonsense. Cedric is defensively probably our best player. His problem however is that he lacks attacking output. In the system we play now you either have to be a threat forward or be able to play as one of the the CBs. However as a traditional RB in a 442 he is still very good. Last season he had a very rough start with some (uncharacteristic) mistakes but the season before he had been pretty much fault free.

You can bet that Ralph has looked at all the videos of matches where cedric has cost us at the back post or hasnt funnelled back , same as Hoedt he wont keep a liability

Strange that he played Vestergaard after his mistake............some people do talk hot air.

Players like Hoedt, Gabbi etc don't fit into his system......high press etc.

Hoedt.

They're easily our two most dislikable players.

Never had a problem with Cedric

found Bertrand's two and half seasons of phoning in a performance most weeks far more annoying . Hoedt comes across as a cock though clearly thinks he is better than he actually us.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You can bet that Ralph has looked at all the videos of matches where cedric has cost us at the back post or hasnt funnelled back , same as Hoedt he wont keep a liability
If Ralph watched videos of any of our defence from the last couple of seasons and based his opinion on that he would of let the whole defence leave in Jan. They have all been mistake ridden liabilities the last two seasons

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Strange that he played Vestergaard after his mistake............some people do talk hot air.

Players like Hoedt, Gabbi etc don't fit into his system......high press etc.

With Cedric and Hoedt I very much doubt it has got anything to do with the system and everything to do with attitude, work ethic and commitment to the cause. If Hoedt doesnt fit "the system" then why would vestergaard?

It has nothing to do with their ability, it’s their attitude (which is effecting their ability). That’s why Ralph wants them out.

With Cedric and Hoedt I very much doubt it has got anything to do with the system and everything to do with attitude' date=' work ethic and commitment to the cause. If Hoedt doesnt fit "the system" then why would vestergaard?[/quote']

Exactly, nothing to do with them making "mistakes" then?

That's what i'm saying, it's peoples attitudes not the fact they might make the odd "mistake".

Nah, no need, all the expert views on here is all he needs ;)

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

hopefully going, terrible player.

OTT

We really do have to have proven quality players signed up before letting quality players leave.

With four months fighting relegation ahead this is not the time to let our better defenders leave. That was how Reed ruined our squad. It would continue the trend of the last two years, with the result of having a less skilful squad.

The first part is such utter nonsense. Cedric is defensively probably our best player. His problem however is that he lacks attacking output. In the system we play now you either have to be a threat forward or be able to play as one of the the CBs. However as a traditional RB in a 442 he is still very good. Last season he had a very rough start with some (uncharacteristic) mistakes but the season before he had been pretty much fault free.

Let's agree to completely disagree.

IMO he is ok in the tackle, an absolutely liability in the air & not justat the back post either. Has cost us many goals directly through his pooraerial ability and failure to clear the ball when under pressure. Ourlads are rightly putting the ball into row Z or up the touchline if in anydoubt.

I would again disagree and say the one thing he doesn't lack is attackingoutput. He has good control, makes good forward runs and is quick. Final ball ranges from the delightful to shambolic however.

The most important opinion is that of the manager rather than anysupporter. It looks likely he doesn't rate Cedric from his actions andlack of support for the player in his Derby presser.

I honestly don't rate Cedric as a player, I think he's bog average but has an opinion of himself which is much greater.

Too small and weak, gets beaten too often on the right side. Have wanted to replace him for a while.

Complete agree. We could get someone better for much less than we could sell him for and invest the money elsewhere.

He's one of those on an off players, but saying he's "terrible" and that we need shot of him is absurd. When he's playing well he's a lot better than we could find elsewhere. He'll play a big part next season with a proper manager and if he has his head in the right place, I am confident of that.

Given the manager seems to prefers Valery, I doubt that’s indicative of Cedric playing a big part next season

JWP, Stephens and Johnson good, Rom tidy, Cedric, Ramsay, Armstrong all poor. Ely after a couple of nice touches early on a total passenger.

And it’s 1-0. Surprised Murphy didn’t cheer. Ramsay gave a stupid ball out.

VAR ruled out. F uck you Danny Murphy plus Derby and their c nut fans. Forest fan at work will have cheered that.

Murphy stop whining. I know you are a scouser and it’s in the DNA but it’s the same for both sides. And again. Even the tater has effectively said ‘it’s offside, shut up’. Used at the right times? It’s either offside or not Danny.

dont know but it wasnt usual player salute rest clapped he did this apologetic wave.

As I said could be wrong body language didnt seem right ok we had just lost but guess we will see next week or so

Think there's only been the Everton link. Would have thought the Portuguese media would have made more noise about a move if one was imminent.

dont know but it wasnt usual player salute rest clapped he did this apologetic wave.

As I said could be wrong body language didnt seem right ok we had just lost but guess we will see next week or so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree that was definitely his last appearance. In fact I am starting a thread.