Absence of Cedric

Dusic

Valery is raw but has lots of potential and with experience in the long run will develop into a very good player. Cedric has been pretty rubbish for two or more years and thinks he's better than he is, I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him in January, although we would need to buy a replacement.

Sounds like Kayne Ramsay will get a start at RB tomorrow.

Big call when Cedric is fit and available and we are in a poor position.

Ralph is unafraid of these decisions, which is great - even if personally Im not sure about it.

Ralph is unafraid of these decisions, which is great - even if personally Im not sure about it.

Fair point, we are going to lose anyway so may as well maximise the use of the squad for the next week or so.

Whoever is left wing for city is captain of my fantasy team if that's the case. If it's Sane or Sterling, they'll murder Ramsay.

Against better opposition his lack of height and mediocre pace has really shown up. There’s a myth that he’s pacy but although he has a busy stride pattern, with his lack of height he doesn’t cover as much ground as someone like Clyne would.

Remember one of his earlier games and Lukaku absolutely rinsed him on the ground.

This is a position Ralph is clearly looking to buy for in Jan. Mentioned earlier that full back will be position for review in and the masterminds on here giggled to themselves like girls...

His agent, every transfer window, has said that big teams like Man Utd and Barcelona want him so let's see what happens.

My bet is he will stay with us because nobody wants him. Nobody wants him because he isn't very good.

Nah he will end up at somewhere like Atletico Madrid, Valencia etc and do well.

Against better opposition his lack of height and mediocre pace has really shown up. There’s a myth that he’s pacy but although he has a busy stride pattern, with his lack of height he doesn’t cover as much ground as someone like Clyne would.

1) It is not a myth. He is quick, he has registered among the highest speeds of any Premier League player. For example...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34884849

2) There is also a tiny difference in height between Clyne and Cedric, a mere 3cm!

giphy.gif

Edited by Matthew Le God

Based on a few recent interviews, it sure doesn't seem like Ralph is in any hurry to play Cedric, or any of the veterans for that matter. Seems committed to the youngsters who have pace.

Apart from Bertrand, who is far quicker than Targett and suits Ralph’s style of play.

Cedric does seem to be on his way out - let’s see if his very vocal agent can actually back up some of the wild links he has made since the Euros. My hunch is that we could re-start the Southampton Balloon festival based on all of the hot air.

Hoedt - just take anything vaguely acceptable the club can salvage for him but will be a loss on the P & L sheet. Lee Todd was worse but a cheapie from Stockport, this buffoon cost £17m from Lazio. How they must have laughed at Les and saw him coming. Safely in Saints worst XI for me.

Gabbi - clearly leaving and quite a few clubs interested. Ross should be able to get this over the line early in the new year if he wishes to demonstrate some competence post Les.

JWP - doesn’t fit the system or style of play. Thanks for the service.

Davis - back to Rangers, thank you so much for the last few years.

Forster - a bit like the Rodwell situation at Sunderland last year. Fraser - you’ve made a tonne from the club and a DoF who was on the wane, go and find football now at the level below and rebuild your career.

Move on the above and Ralph might have a decent chance of bringing in who he needs.

Seems like the ones outside the matchday squad ate the ones we’ll have an easier (relatively) time unloading. Some teams will roll the dice on Hoedt, Cedric and Gabbi if the price is right. JWP is a funny one, extremely highly rated but as we know it’s unfounded since he rarely delivers anything. Some club could be tricked into thinking they’re getting the best dead ball striker in the Premier League.

Clyne apparently available for loan though other papers have linked him with a permanent move

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nathaniel-clyne-close-liverpool-loan-13789367

If Cedric goes we could do worse than try and get Clyne back. Unsure if there isn't a rule that would stop us having two players on loan from the same club.

Clyne apparently available for loan though other papers have linked him with a permanent move

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/nathaniel-clyne-close-liverpool-loan-13789367

If Cedric goes we could do worse than try and get Clyne back. Unsure if there isn't a rule that would stop us having two players on loan from the same club.

Didn't old saggy chops loan about 4 Spurs players to The Skates when they had a Transfer Ban and knocked us out of the Fa Cup at SMS?

Of course the answer is null and void as they didn't need to comply with any rules Morally, FA/FL, HMRC or any other rules you could name :rolleyes:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.

- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

Cedric has been pushing for a big move for a while now. Heard a couple of unfounded rumours that he and Hoet were disruptive and "Billy big balls" thinking they're better than they are.
You mean that Hoedt thinks that he's a footballer?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It's a shame that Cedric has fallen out of favour having shown he has a goal threat in him with the free kick v Man Utd the other week.

But if he doesn't have the commitment or lungs, required by Ralph to play his high energy game, then best he leaves and we bring someone in who can. (Hoping we can bring the player in though).

Don’t get Clyne back, having met the bloke a few times, he is a utter ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin comes across a rght tool too but that doesn't make me love his goal against Arsenal any less. We've got too many "nice lads".

Austin comes across a rght tool too but that doesn't make me love his goal against Arsenal any less. We've got too many "nice lads".

Austin is actually a decent bloke, typical tradesman. Clyne is rude, arrogant and thinks he is a rapper.

Austin is actually a decent bloke, typical tradesman. Clyne is rude, arrogant and thinks he is a rapper.

Yeah Clyne threw litter from his Bentley. Speaks volumes.

So many just look back to our old players. Easy to do better.

I didn't realise Cedric was ambidextrous. Crosses with his left just as good as his right.

He got lucky tonight as IMO he was playing Morata onside for that disallowed goal.

Just seen a replay where they superimposed a line on the field and Morata was just offside. I though Cedric played him on too. Turns out I was wrong.

Just seen a replay where they superimposed a line on the field and Morata was just offside. I though Cedric played him on too. Turns out I was wrong.

Looking at the highlights over here (again), his shoulder was sitting proud of the last defender (Cedric), so a good call by a gutsy Linesman imho.

Give me a disenterested Cedric at left back over Targett any day.

Give me my dead dog over Cedric any day. Utter turd. Always has been. His pace is slightly above average. That's literally it...Oh and he's taken one good free kick one time.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see him linked with Everton today.

Won't take long for us to know if it's legit or not as they have some well briefed journo's in that part of the world.

Just out of interest, how are they stacked at right-back?

@_pauljoyce: Marco Silva on January transfer window: “For us to do something it will mean someone has to leave the club.”