Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absence of Cedric

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Just seen a replay where they superimposed a line on the field and Morata was just offside. I though Cedric played him on too. Turns out I was wrong.
    Looking at the highlights over here (again), his shoulder was sitting proud of the last defender (Cedric), so a good call by a gutsy Linesman imho.

Give me a disenterested Cedric at left back over Targett any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Don’t get Clyne back, having met the bloke a few times, he is a utter ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So are you but we "make allowances" so should you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saints View Post
    Give me a disenterested Cedric at left back over Targett any day.
    Give me my dead dog over Cedric any day. Utter turd. Always has been. His pace is slightly above average. That's literally it...Oh and he's taken one good free kick one time.

5. Default

Interesting to see him linked with Everton today.

Won't take long for us to know if it's legit or not as they have some well briefed journo's in that part of the world.

Just out of interest, how are they stacked at right-back?

@_pauljoyce: Marco Silva on January transfer window: “For us to do something it will mean someone has to leave the club.”

Saints have needed a new senior rightback for ages. Cedric has not impressed, especially defensively.

Use Cedric as bait for Lookman if they are interested. Sign senior rightback from elsewhere.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Interesting to see him linked with Everton today.

Won't take long for us to know if it's legit or not as they have some well briefed journo's in that part of the world.

Just out of interest, how are they stacked at right-back?
    hey just a minute Everton have to unload players to bring in someone new... I thought it was only us that had to do that

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    hey just a minute Everton have to unload players to bring in someone new... I thought it was only us that had to do that
    Easy. Give us lookman.

I believe Arsenal said something similar this week along the lines of “we don’t have any money for incoming transfers in this window.”

10. Default

Jim White on talkSport just mentioned that Ralph considers him surplus so might be leaving sooner rather than later.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Jim White on talkSport just mentioned that Ralph considers him surplus so might be leaving sooner rather than later.
    Buy-in to Ralph's philosophy or leave is pretty much what we're seeing. Hoedt, Gabby, Cedric.

12. Default

There was the "I don't care about past achievements", and it seems Cedric has the biggest achievement with the Euro win.

13. Default

Another player Ralph has sussed out within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    Another player Ralph has sussed out within seconds.
    Along with who?

15. Default

Along with who?
    Hoedt

Quote Originally Posted by doggface View Post
    Saints have needed a new senior rightback for ages. Cedric has not impressed, especially defensively.

Use Cedric as bait for Lookman if they are interested. Sign senior rightback from elsewhere.
    The first part is such utter nonsense. Cedric is defensively probably our best player. His problem however is that he lacks attacking output. In the system we play now you either have to be a threat forward or be able to play as one of the the CBs. However as a traditional RB in a 442 he is still very good. Last season he had a very rough start with some (uncharacteristic) mistakes but the season before he had been pretty much fault free.

17. Default

Along with who?
    Hoedt.

They're easily our two most dislikable players.

I don't mind Cedric. Hoedt agreed, tit.

Hoedt.

But do you need to like them? It's what they offer on the pitch on match days that counts. I'm sure that there are some really nice blokes who are shîte at football.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    There was the "I don't care about past achievements", and it seems Cedric has the biggest achievement with the Euro win.
    Correct. All the players were talking about it - most found it funny, some of the less switched on ones found it weird. Ralph pretended he didnt know anything about our players, yet he obsesses over the finest of details. Clean slate and all that.

The players who think they deserve better than the club will go.

You can bet that Ralph has looked at all the videos of matches where cedric has cost us at the back post or hasnt funnelled back , same as Hoedt he wont keep a liability

Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    You can bet that Ralph has looked at all the videos of matches where cedric has cost us at the back post or hasnt funnelled back , same as Hoedt he wont keep a liability
    Strange that he played Vestergaard after his mistake............some people do talk hot air.

Players like Hoedt, Gabbi etc don't fit into his system......high press etc.

Hoedt.

Never had a problem with Cedric
    found Bertrand's two and half seasons of phoning in a performance most weeks far more annoying . Hoedt comes across as a cock though clearly thinks he is better than he actually us.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

If Ralph watched videos of any of our defence from the last couple of seasons and based his opinion on that he would of let the whole defence leave in Jan. They have all been mistake ridden liabilities the last two seasons

Strange that he played Vestergaard after his mistake............some people do talk hot air.

Players like Hoedt, Gabbi etc don't fit into his system......high press etc.
    With Cedric and Hoedt I very much doubt it has got anything to do with the system and everything to do with attitude, work ethic and commitment to the cause. If Hoedt doesnt fit "the system" then why would vestergaard?

It has nothing to do with their ability, it’s their attitude (which is effecting their ability). That’s why Ralph wants them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkins' Bus View Post
    With Cedric and Hoedt I very much doubt it has got anything to do with the system and everything to do with attitude, work ethic and commitment to the cause. If Hoedt doesnt fit "the system" then why would vestergaard?
    Exactly, nothing to do with them making "mistakes" then?

That's what i'm saying, it's peoples attitudes not the fact they might make the odd "mistake".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    It has nothing to do with their ability, it’s their attitude (which is effecting their ability). That’s why Ralph wants them out.
    Hoedt is junk (and yes that assessment is partly coloured by his attitude).

Nah, no need, all the expert views on here is all he needs
    Last edited by ALWAYS_SFC; 15-01-2019 at 02:26 PM.

It's disgusting that Cedric is mentioned in the same sentence as Hoedt. Or infact any player in the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    hopefully going, terrible player.
    OTT
    We really do have to have proven quality players signed up before letting quality players leave.

With four months fighting relegation ahead this is not the time to let our better defenders leave. That was how Reed ruined our squad. It would continue the trend of the last two years, with the result of having a less skilful squad.

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    The players who think they deserve better than the club will go.
    "Can Mr Lemina come to the Manager's office please".

34. Default

I honestly don't rate Cedric as a player, I think he's bog average but has an opinion of himself which is much greater.

Too small and weak, gets beaten too often on the right side. Have wanted to replace him for a while.

I honestly don't rate Cedric as a player.
    Really ? You should of mentioned it before

36. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    Really ? You should of mentioned it before
    If i mention it a few more times he might leave.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Martini View Post
    The first part is such utter nonsense. Cedric is defensively probably our best player. His problem however is that he lacks attacking output. In the system we play now you either have to be a threat forward or be able to play as one of the the CBs. However as a traditional RB in a 442 he is still very good. Last season he had a very rough start with some (uncharacteristic) mistakes but the season before he had been pretty much fault free.
    Let's agree to completely disagree.

IMO he is ok in the tackle, an absolutely liability in the air & not justat the back post either. Has cost us many goals directly through his pooraerial ability and failure to clear the ball when under pressure. Ourlads are rightly putting the ball into row Z or up the touchline if in anydoubt.

I would again disagree and say the one thing he doesn't lack is attackingoutput. He has good control, makes good forward runs and is quick. Final ball ranges from the delightful to shambolic however.

The most important opinion is that of the manager rather than anysupporter. It looks likely he doesn't rate Cedric from his actions andlack of support for the player in his Derby presser.

odd that some words are joined together above....but you get the jist.

He's one of those on an off players, but saying he's "terrible" and that we need shot of him is absurd. When he's playing well he's a lot better than we could find elsewhere. He'll play a big part next season with a proper manager and if he has his head in the right place, I am confident of that.

40. Default

Assume he starts tonight with Valery out.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Assume he starts tonight with Valery out.
    Not Ramsey who played there against City?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post

Didn't Ramesy play as one of the three CBs in that game? either way he looked way out of his depth in that game (even given the opposition)

Didn't Ramesy play as one of the three CBs in that game? either way he looked way out of his depth in that game (even given the opposition)
    Started at RB, went to CB after City scored.

44. Default

Possible, but I'd assume something might be happening if Cedric doesn't play tonight.

45. Default

I honestly don't rate Cedric as a player, I think he's bog average but has an opinion of himself which is much greater.

Too small and weak, gets beaten too often on the right side. Have wanted to replace him for a while.
    Complete agree. We could get someone better for much less than we could sell him for and invest the money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by niceandfriendly View Post
    He's one of those on an off players, but saying he's "terrible" and that we need shot of him is absurd. When he's playing well he's a lot better than we could find elsewhere. He'll play a big part next season with a proper manager and if he has his head in the right place, I am confident of that.
    Given the manager seems to prefers Valery, I doubt that’s indicative of Cedric playing a big part next season

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Started at RB, went to CB after City scored.
    Ah ok I was at the game don't remember him being at RB.

JWP, Stephens and Johnson good, Rom tidy, Cedric, Ramsay, Armstrong all poor. Ely after a couple of nice touches early on a total passenger.

And it’s 1-0. Surprised Murphy didn’t cheer. Ramsay gave a stupid ball out.

VAR ruled out. F uck you Danny Murphy plus Derby and their c nut fans. Forest fan at work will have cheered that.

Murphy stop whining. I know you are a scouser and it’s in the DNA but it’s the same for both sides. And again. Even the tater has effectively said ‘it’s offside, shut up’. Used at the right times? It’s either offside or not Danny.

Wave at the end gave shirt to crowd looked like he is off from body language.
    Could be wrong but everyone near me commented on it too .

50. Default

Wave at the end gave shirt to crowd looked like he is off from body language.
    Could be wrong but everyone near me commented on it too .

Hopefully he is.