Saints v City Thread

Pilchards

What do people think of the manager criticising some players publicly? Cedric and Alex M have recently received some criticism. I like him and think he’s a great manager; however, I can see this is an arguable tactic. Thoughts?

if behind the scenes Cedric ain’t getting with the programme like it appears the majority have done, then tough if he is being hung out to dry by the Boss.

McCarthy with regard to positioning in Ralph’s post match comments, when the new regime took over McCarthy commented about how things had instantly changed in training, and that being a goalkeeper he wasn’t involved in the new things the outfield players were. Maybe Ralph was having a dig at the keeper coaching methods, and just shaking their tree, especially when you think Dave Watson has worked under 4 different managers and Ralph might see his goalkeeping department as being a little too comfortable.

Just a thought not a fact.

yep. throw him in against city in what will surely be a mauling. that'll do him the world of good.

Didn’t McQueen make his debut out of position at left back away at City? I’m sure the lad will handle it, it’s not like he’s been plucked out the Sunday league he’s been in our squad the last two games so clearly Ralph rates him. Good luck to him, it’s got me excited for a game I was a bit ambivalent about.

We’re going to get royally dicked!

Hopefully we can offload a few and get in some Ralph signings in January.

1. Don't see why we should be, although the prospect obviously excites you.

2. Agreed, but won't be easy. Not sure who wants our surplus.

3. Doubt it, unless there's a change of policy. Already said none incoming.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

if behind the scenes Cedric ain’t getting with the programme like it appears the majority have done, then tough if he is being hung out to dry by the Boss.

McCarthy with regard to positioning in Ralph’s post match comments, when the new regime took over McCarthy commented about how things had instantly changed in training, and that being a goalkeeper he wasn’t involved in the new things the outfield players were. Maybe Ralph was having a dig at the keeper coaching methods, and just shaking their tree, especially when you think Dave Watson has worked under 4 different managers and Ralph might see his goalkeeping department as being a little too comfortable.

Just a thought not a fact.

seemed to have missed this

Is Ramsay strictly a right back or a wing back come winger like the lad Johnson who came on against Arsenal is ?

More defence orientated apparently, so I'm guessing likely to offer less in back 3 than Valery but possibly more in a 4. I wander if we'll see someone like Long ahead of him to give the width, and hopefully more protection than Valery did against West Ham - poor kid was hung out to dry.

It's probably really bad to think this but part of me wants City to get the three points today.. really don't want the scousers winning the league with vvd etc..
Not this again. FFS, Saints winning matters, who wins the league is irrelevant. Disliking another team can never supercede supporting Saints.

And I'd actually be happier for Liverpool, and all the products of SFC, to win the league.

if we can keep the the defeat to under 3 goals, that will be a good result.

obviously, hope for another West Ham performance up north

as mentioned elsewhere, after chelsea, we would have played every team once with City and Chelsea twice (decent set of fixtures to get out of the way). If we are out of the bottom 3 after that, it would be a good achievement.

We will also have Palace, Cardiff, Fulham and (last game of the season) Huddersfield to play at home.

I listened to both Ralph's interviews and several things came over loud and clear. Hojbjerg is his captain. Romeu is another that he feels provides backbone. They will play. Kayne Ramsey to start? Ralph - why not? Reverted to early season habits not his way. Cedric, missed games injured now on the outside will have to wait. Obviously doesn't rate vertically challenged players. McCarthy badly positioned not near enough to his near post. Could be on borrowed time. Gunn has been impressive in his few appearances. Obefimi is obviously a big player for him, he says we are missing his pace.

Our plan is to win the ball and get it up to runners quickly. Yoshida dithering and Lamina running in circles destroyed our game plan. Run at opponents should be in the final third but not in our half. Dispite Lamina's ball skills he is a liability. Flatters to deceive and fades in and out. He is a cosmetic player, lacks discipline, and is not prepared to do the hard yards without the ball. Targett despite his footballing ability is too slow. Valery looked like it was a game too many. Throw ins. There has to be a default tactic, yet we see precious little movement or support and back to the thrower is our only move often losing the ball. Throw the bloody ball down the line and support the throw with the aim of forcing defenders to knock it out. Get down into the last third and anything can happen.

This is one we can't expect anything from so lets make it hard for them and give it a go.

Quoting your post Derry as one or two have missed RH comments post match against the Hammers. Interesting stuff and thanks for paraphrasing.

I personally like the fact he's seeing the same faults we are and maybe commenting in public will get a backlash from some players, but to be honest, if they have the wrong attitude then so be it.

What do people think of the manager criticising some players publicly? Cedric and Alex M have recently received some criticism. I like him and think he’s a great manager; however, I can see this is an arguable tactic. Thoughts?

Good. These ****s have been treating us like cock wombles for two years. If they can take a ****ing dose of reality while wiping their arses with £50 notes, then **** off out of the club. In conclusion i'm in favour of it.

Not this again. FFS, Saints winning matters, who wins the league is irrelevant. Disliking another team can never supercede supporting Saints.

And I'd actually be happier for Liverpool, and all the products of SFC, to win the league.

Totally get what your saying but it's not like our season rests on getting something out of city either, we should have enough to avoid relegation under ralph.

Hatred for Liverpool comes from the way they took from us over and over again and tapping up vvd who the acts like a complete a-hole to get his own way. Seing Them get rewarded for this by winning titles is not something I wanna see

Totally get what your saying but it's not like our season rests on getting something out of city either, we should have enough to avoid relegation under ralph.

Hatred for Liverpool comes from the way they took from us over and over again and tapping up vvd who the acts like a complete a-hole to get his own way. Seing Them get rewarded for this by winning titles is not something I wanna see

Agree with this

Oh and I'm optimistic about today's game which is completely out of character as I'm glass half full normally.

As others have mentioned it's a free hit. Let's get stuck in and see if the rub of the green will go our way today.

I hate cliches. To me a cliche is like a red rag to a bull.

I couldn't give a monkey's who wins the league, how Liverpool do, and how any of our ex players do. I'm not sure why anyone would. I'm a Saints fan and how we do is all that interests me.

1. Don't see why we should be, although the prospect obviously excites you.

2. Agreed, but won't be easy. Not sure who wants our surplus.

3. Doubt it, unless there's a change of policy. Already said none incoming.

When/who said there are no incoming transfers in Jan?

Cheers

When/who said there are no incoming transfers in Jan?

Cheers

according to Ralph extremely unlikely

We feel we have an extremely deep roster right now so at the moment we don’t plan to be active in January.

We have the capability of being active but at the moment I would say we are not planning for activity in January.

There are a lot of games so I would never say never but at the moment.

We have a team in place capable of dealing with that process if needed. I have spent two days speaking to everybody and we have everything in place to continue to deal with the day to day business as always.

It's probably really bad to think this but part of me wants City to get the three points today.. really don't want the scousers winning the league with vvd etc..

You should have a nosey at their forums. A bunch of entitled ****s. Despite their billions and FFP shenanigans some of them genuinely believe they’re being hard done by this season. Embarrassing really, I’d love to take points off them today. Can’t see it though, they need a win badly and have the firepower to do it.

Thanks for replying. So said pre Hughes sacking. Clearly things have changed since then so I don't read that as a definitive no incomings if that is the only source.

Back to the game today. A big gamble to play Ramsey over Cedric but then we are unlikely to get anything whoever plays RB so why not give him a go.

As said above I'd play Ings, Redmond and Long from start to press their defence and hopefully grab a goal. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet mind.

Oh and I'm optimistic about today's game which is completely out of character as I'm glass half full normally.

As others have mentioned it's a free hit. Let's get stuck in and see if the rub of the green will go our way today.

Surely if you are a glass half full kinda guy, then being optimistic is completely in keeping with your character??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have a nosey at their forums. A bunch of entitled ****s. Despite their billions and FFP shenanigans some of them genuinely believe they’re being hard done by this season. Embarrassing really, I’d love to take points off them today. Can’t see it though, they need a win badly and have the firepower to do it.

We win today and the title is Liverpool's imo

Interesting. None of the City fans I know have that sort of attitude. Most are still suprised at where they are and enjoying being above United. Having worked with many for 20 odd years up here I've enjoyed watching them be able to give the banter back to the Utd fans for once. Add the scousers into it as well and the Utd fans are getting it from both sides. Most entertaining for the rest of us.

Interesting. None of the City fans I know have that sort of attitude. Most are still suprised at where they are and enjoying being above United. Having worked with many for 20 odd years up here I've enjoyed watching them be able to give the banter back to the Utd fans for once. Add the scousers into it as well and the Utd fans are getting it from both sides. Most entertaining for the rest of us.

No doubt the whinging keyboarders are the new breed who’ve never heard of Maine Road!

No doubt the whinging keyboarders are the new breed who’ve never heard of Maine Road!

Very true. You rarely saw kids in City shirts outside of Manchester 10 years ago either. One of the kids at a family Christmas event yesterday was proudly claiming to be a City fan having lived in Hitchin all his life.

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone watched Ramsay play regularly? Is he a decent looking player?

I'd not really heard of him till he made the bench. One thing that has suprised me about Ralph is how quickly he made changes. Bednarek and Romeu both straight back in after only one or two training sessions. Also throwing in Johnson and Ramsey. Realistically how much has he seen of them or is he relying on coach reports

I'd not really heard of him till he made the bench. One thing that has suprised me about Ralph is how quickly he made changes. Bednarek and Romeu both straight back in after only one or two training sessions. Also throwing in Johnson and Ramsey. Realistically how much has he seen of them or is he relying on coach reports

Promises to the Board to play the youngsters ? Perhaps, having been told it's sell before you buy, he quickly worked out how little that was likely to actually raise, so the younger players are his only option for change.