Billy Sharp

Stud mark of doom

I reckon he was hard done by too. Perhaps the PL was a step too much but we will never know.

Olay Olay, olay olay

Billy sharp sharp sharp

Great lad and one of those players everyone wants to do well. Met him a couple of times and he is a really decent bloke. Personally I don't think he was up to it as a premier league player which is a shame but that said I think we should have kept him in our first season back, he would have been a decent option to bring on for 15 minutes if we needed a goal and to be blunt he would have contributed an awful lot more than Mayuka did, whose only memorable moment was being brought down to win a penalty in the home game v Villa when we were already 3-1 up, other than that he might as well never have played for us.

Billy Sharp made history as Sheffield United climbed up to third, courtesy of a 3-0 win at Wigan. The club captain’s 54th minute goal, a close-range finish set up by David McGoldrick – who had scored the first – made Sharp the highest goalscorer in English league football in the 21st century with 220 strikes, overtaking Rickie Lambert.

I fail to see how he could have done worse for us than some of the dross we've had since Pele left.

We let him go far too early / easily.

Delighted the lad is enjoying his football and doing well. Expect him to hammer some past us next season.

Why? Is he signing for Liverpool or Man City then

• 1 month later...