Saints 1-3 Man City - Post Match Thread

Batman

In every department.

On and off the pitch.

The players are a disgrace.....this manager,no better than Puel,Pellegrino and Hughes.

If you thought the tied had turned with the new manager appointment....you were wrong.

So many players need to be shipped out.

Don’t make excuses that we played City....we showed nothing but bad positioning,poor decision making,**** distribution.

Lemina...

Moi...

Hoedt...

Should be first out the door.

The list goes on.

We need every point,if a player can’t dig deep and give his all then **** off.

******** to the busy Xmas period...they are pampered enough to recover.

Not even the fans could raise themselves.

It’s like a sodding morgue in st Marys.

Big business needs to be done in January....will it get backed by the owners?

Sorry,but I’m passionate and fecking angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am as pessimistic as they get but have to laugh at those at the end (on here) saying we are in trouble....Nothing has changed since kick off.

On the plus side, we only lost by 2 (good for our GD) and we are the only side to have played city twice and by the weekend, can add Chelsea to that list.

Ralph made is clear the other day that he needs the xmas period to be over as he gets to grips with the team.

we still have Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield and Palace to play at home yet

Still think we can stay up but the last 2 games has reinforced what a task Ralph faces to turn this team around.

What worries me most is whether he can walk the line between being tough with the players (which most agree is required) but still install a good team spirit. Will be difficult and the January window will be key.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I am as pessimistic as they get but have to laugh at those at the end (on here) saying we are in trouble....Nothing has changed since kick off.

On the plus side, we only lost by 2 (good for our GD) and we are the only side to have played city twice and by the weekend, can add Chelsea to that list.

Ralph made is clear the other day that he needs the xmas period to be over as he gets to grips with the team.

Agree but one thing has changed. We’ve lost our captain and best player for what 3 games. Not good. Silly boy, game was over.

It was only 3-1, and we're the only team who don't have to play them again this season. #positivethinking

Also the transfer window opens soon. Doubt we'll get anyone in before the Chelsea game, and even if we did, they wouldn't be allowed to be registered.

I imagine between the Derby and Leicester matches we'll see a bit of activity. Plenty of outgoings, hope Ralph's got a big enough broom because there is a big mess that needs tidying.

So you’re saying we’re not in trouble?

Exactly. Ralph has a plan, I trust him to carry it out.

Always up against it today, but if the ref had rightly given that pen at 1-1 it would have been a different story. Then we concede straight afterwards, just as we have made a habit of doing after scoring or missing a great chance, and it's game over.

I really don't see the point of Mo elyounoossi (?) He really is terrible - just an empty shirt that contributes nothing whatsoever.

I think I can see the logic in the selection today - it's a game we aren't expected to win so let's rest some players for games where we have more of a chance, but too many players just not up to it out there today.

Lemina pretty anonymous again. Romeu still very rusty. Best player on the pitch was PEH, then he loses his head and now we're without him for a few games. Stupid, stupid tackle to make when the game is already lost.

So you’re saying we’re not in trouble?

we are in trouble...we were before the game, we were last week and would have been had we won.

there is a very good chance we will come out of the chelsea game (which we will lose BTW) outside of the bottom 3

we played Man city...never ever going to beat them ffs

I think our best bet for the rest of the season is to throw the FA Cup game and get the extra couple of weekends free for RH to work with the squad.

Might well need to prioritise this season. We obviously are not fit enough to play Ralphs high press tactics, don't need extra games when we are struggling to get anything for the league.

In every department.

On and off the pitch.

The players are a disgrace.....this manager,no better than Puel,Pellegrino and Hughes.

If you thought the tied had turned with the new manager appointment....you were wrong.

Don’t make excuses that we played City....we showed nothing but bad positioning,poor decision making,**** distribution.

Lemina...

Moi...

Hoedt...

The list goes on.

Get a grip FFS. With the team we played I would have taken 3-1 before we started.........

we are in trouble...we were before the game, we were last week and would have been had we won.

there is a very good chance we will come out of the chelsea game (which we will lose BTW) outside of the bottom 3

we played Man city...never ever going to beat them ffs

So we can all laugh at you then.

In every department.

On and off the pitch.

Lemina...

Moi...

Hoedt...

The list goes on.

I’d be embarrassed- how old are you? You need to grow some.

In every department.

On and off the pitch.

I know that you are angry but what you say here is bullsh*t. Just look at how we try to play now vs the past 3 managers. What is very clear is that we lack quality, not passion or a good manager.

Biggest negative today was Hojberg being an absolute idiot.

Given who we were playing and fact we needed to rotate in fresh players i thought we put in a reasonable display on the whole.

Handing them the game with two poor goals after doing so well to get back into it was a real shame. If we'd got in at 1-1, the pressure on them would have been immense and who knows what would have happened.

Things we learnt today.

1 - If the score is one all at home a penalty will not be awarded to Saints unless the defender gets a gun out and starts shooting someone.

2- Cedric, Hoedt, Davis and Gabbi are all leaving .

3 - We need to sign a right back

4 - Ralph seems to put some fight back into JWP, his best performance for a while.

5 - Elyounousi is too ponderous for the premiership, although it was a nice ball through to Charlie , which should have given him his first assist.

6 - It's a shame we didn't take the money from Fulham for Targett and keep McQueen instead.

7 - We need another CB to cover for Yoshi when he is at the Asian games.

8 - Neville was right, City do like to commit clever fouls when you break on them.

Come on mate. A defeat against the champions isn't the best time to make a judgement about the manager. Things will get better, but it was always going to take time, especially as Ralph wants to radically change the tactics.

He will need support from the club in January though to freshen up the squad (shifting players out just as important as bringing them in).

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Why so ?

They win their games and I'd doubt that City's performance today would trouble them overmuch anyway. City still have no left back whatever side we put out today.

I’m just saying that we basically threw the game, which is certainly how they will see it. They were in second gear, which was all they needed.