The guvnor

Stud mark of doom

Has anyone else noticed that Bubbly Dave has started to refer to the ball (which already has a succinct and readily understood name) as “the guvnor” in recent weeks.

This seems like a recent development. Have I just missed it previously? He seems to be banging on about it in all the recent highlights packages.

I had to miss the match today but I’m guessing we didn’t get control of the guvnor enough.

Has anyone else noticed that Bubbly Dave has started to refer to the ball (which already has a succinct and readily understood name) as “the guvnor” in recent weeks.

This seems like a recent development. Have I just missed it previously? He seems to be banging on about it in all the recent highlights packages.

I had to miss the match today but I’m guessing we didn’t get control of the guvnor enough.

I wasn’t impressed with Dave going on and on about Ralph not playing his strongest players today. Very disingenuous to Ralph who has a completely knackered squad does he not see such obvious matters!! Urgggghhh

Yeah, I’ve noticed the whispering about the Guvnor too.

Dave and Adam also seems to have developed an annoying habit of referring to Danny Ings as “Ingsey” in commentary lately, which seems a bit over familiar to me.

So far, they have stopped short of referring to Redmond as “Redders” tho.

If you have control of the governor you generally have control of the game it's not rocket science

Pony, Leicester won the league by counter attacking and letting the other side have The Guv’nor. Puel, Pell were both all about controlling The Guv’nor and people were bored to tears. Too much modern football is obsessed with keeping The Guv’nor and therefore playing safety first possession stuff. We need to take a few chances with The Guv’nor and chuck him in the mixer now and again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pony, Leicester won the league by counter attacking and letting the other side have The Guv’nor. Puel, Pell were both all about controlling The Guv’nor and people were bored to tears. Too much modern football is obsessed with keeping The Guv’nor and therefore playing safety first possession stuff. We need to take a few chances with The Guv’nor and chuck him in the mixer now and again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They controlled games in their own way. They knew exactly what they were doing. Just because they usually lost the possession battle, doesn't mean they didn't control games.