Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Accept your point Mosin - and acknowledge that players coming back after such a long absence tend to be rusty and not match fit. My point is more for the longer -term, not the next match - as meatball post#100 above suggests.

Lemina is a more natural creative midfielder than Hoj, JWP and certainly Romeu IMO...he has natural attacking instinct and creative flair to beat his man in midfield and play the ball forward, not sideways or backwards.

Properly fit and under RH I think he could be pivotal to our future as one of, if not the best player we have in the squad.

Still think Lemina is our best cm and makes us a bit more exciting to watch as he transitions defence to attack quickly. Adds much needed pace to the side. Don't see a need for Romeu in the XI if we're playing 3 cb's.

I think there's always room for a proper DM. That back 3 needs shielding, IMO.

Accept your point Mosin - and acknowledge that players coming back after such a long absence tend to be rusty and not match fit. My point is more for the longer -term, not the next match - as meatball post#100 above suggests.

Lemina is a more natural creative midfielder than Hoj, JWP and certainly Romeu IMO...he has natural attacking instinct and creative flair to beat his man in midfield and play the ball forward, not sideways or backwards.

Properly fit and under RH I think he could be pivotal to our future as one of, if not the best player we have in the squad.

No way does Lemina offer more going forward than JWP or HOJ, none of them offer as much protection than OR to the back line either. Lemina is not as good as the players currently starting a head of him, even if he can dribble and run faster.. the others are better

This seems to be a rare occasion when a player's absence isn't leading to everyone thinking he's miles better than he is.

FWIW I'd pick pretty much anyone over that overrated clunk-beast Hojbjerg, but Lemina has been WAY too erratic and it's been about 18 months since both he and Saints were good in the same match (he was MoM for us at Cardiff but the rest of the team wasn't up to much). I think I'd probably stick Armstrong in there with Romeu and Ward-Prowse.

For clarity, I wasn’t suggesting that we play Lemina in the next match, I was pointing out the foolishness of effectively writing Lemina off based on his collective performances to date, when the improved performances of many of our players under Ralph would suggest that Lemina could well be a great player who has merely been hindered by poor managers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From today's pre-match press conference....

Hasenhuttl: "Lemina.... it's a pity he's not back in training again because he has still problems this week... so he made a little bit more rest this week"

Hope we kept the receipt for that 'minor surgery' he had yonks ago.....

Hasenhuttl: "Lemina.... it's a pity he's not back in training again because he has still problems this week... so he made a little bit more rest this week"

Crikey. What a 'mare he's had.

Crikey. What a 'mare he's had.

It's a good job I'm not a cynic or a conspiracy theorist, otherwise I might be inclined to play my "perhaps we're holding him back to avoid triggering a significant appearance payment clause in his contract" card.... ;)

It's a good job I'm not a cynic or a conspiracy theorist, otherwise I might be inclined to play my "perhaps we're holding him back to avoid triggering a significant appearance payment clause in his contract" card.... ;)

You think that's it?

It's either that, or he's made of biscuits.

If you look at his career stats, that's what he's had at every club he's ever been. He's always had bad backs, stomach aches, sore throats etc and never played much football.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mario-lemina/leistungsdaten/spieler/170934/plus/0?saison=2016

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mario-lemina/leistungsdaten/spieler/170934/plus/0?saison=2015

A little bit extra from Ralph:

It’s a pity that Mario Lemina is not back in training again because he still has problems this week so he needed more rest. We are trying to bring him back to the right level step by step but it isn’t easy when he has had such a long time without playing. We will definitely see him again before the end of the season.

RH said he had suffered a bit in training.

There is a difference between being able to do normal everyday physical activity versus playing PL football.

We all saw he had an injury.

It was operated on.

He came back to training.

He had a minor setback.

It happens all the time. It happened recently with Bertrand.

Why the conspiract theories with Lemina?!

RH said he had suffered a bit in training.

There is a difference between being able to do normal everyday physical activity versus playing PL football.

We all saw he had an injury.

It was operated on.

He came back to training.

He had a minor setback.

It happens all the time. It happened recently with Bertrand.

Why the conspiract theories with Lemina?!

because he has form

Doubt we'll see him in a Saints shirt ever again.

Becoming obvious we won't see him again this season at least. I don't understand why someone at the press conference doesn't follow up and quiz Ralph about it. Ralph is usually very open, can only assume there is some sort of embargo. The old excuse that it gives opponents information is no longer valid when we only have 6 games left. No one ever asks about Sam McQueen either.

Becoming obvious we won't see him again this season at least. I don't understand why someone at the press conference doesn't follow up and quiz Ralph about it. Ralph is usually very open, can only assume there is some sort of embargo. The old excuse that it gives opponents information is no longer valid when we only have 6 games left. No one ever asks about Sam McQueen either.

Sam is out for the season with a ruptured Acl

I thought he was out on loan somewhere like Middlesbrough?

Because by and large those journalists are useless, and the club probably has short shrift for those that ask difficult questions. Same in the White House!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good player but turning into a colossal waste of money.

Doesn’t walk into the team now either. Expect him to be sold in the summer if we get a half decent bid.

Is it wrong for me to suspect he's just collecting his wages this year, using us for rehab and will be off to Liverpool in the summer? Call me cynical

Is it wrong for me to suspect he's just collecting his wages this year, using us for rehab and will be off to Liverpool in the summer? Call me cynical

If that Keita bloke cost them £48m, I'd want at least £50m for Lemina.

Really good player but turning into a colossal waste of money.

Doesn’t walk into the team now either. Expect him to be sold in the summer if we get a half decent bid.

Tend to agree. Top, top player, but just not value for money, due to injuries. We've gotten by without him this season, so perhaps if a decent bid comes in the sensible thing to do would be to offload and reinvest.

Yes he is, how is his recovery going? Is he actually back at Southampton, seems unlikely he would stay at Boro where he was on loan. Was the loan cancelled? The lad seems to have disappeared/been forgotten.

Seems like he'll miss some of pre season so won't be properly match fit for ages still. They talked about him on the last podcast.

There is no conspiracy theory: he's just played very few games of football throughout his entire career. That's just the way it is.

There’s a bit of a difference between being kept on the bench by players like Pogba, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic etc. And becoming a work shy sick-note because you think you’re better than the club you’re being paid by.

He’s not a top player. He is a midfielder with no stamina.
When fit he is certainly a very good player for a team of orur level.

Woukd absolutely be keeping im next season.

Pre RH in the few games we played well in, Lemina played a huge role.

Will be good to see him play in a better Saints team than he has til now.

When fit he is certainly a very good player for a team of orur level.

Woukd absolutely be keeping im next season.

Pre RH in the few games we played well in, Lemina played a huge role.

Will be good to see him play in a better Saints team than he has til now.

I've only seen 1 game where Lemima had such a good game where I thought , Wow this is a player more often than not he goes missing and games pass him by . I wouldn't be worried if we sold him for close to what we paid for him .

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice