Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lemina

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    There is no conspiracy theory: he's just played very few games of football throughout his entire career. That's just the way it is.
    There’s a bit of a difference between being kept on the bench by players like Pogba, Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic etc. And becoming a work shy sick-note because you think you’re better than the club you’re being paid by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    He’s not a top player. He is a midfielder with no stamina.
    When fit he is certainly a very good player for a team of orur level.

Woukd absolutely be keeping im next season.

Pre RH in the few games we played well in, Lemina played a huge role.

Will be good to see him play in a better Saints team than he has til now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    When fit he is certainly a very good player for a team of orur level.

Woukd absolutely be keeping im next season.

Pre RH in the few games we played well in, Lemina played a huge role.

Will be good to see him play in a better Saints team than he has til now.
    I've only seen 1 game where Lemima had such a good game where I thought , Wow this is a player more often than not he goes missing and games pass him by . I wouldn't be worried if we sold him for close to what we paid for him .

Lemina is the most talented cm at the club. Hopefully has a full pre-season and hits the ground running next season

Quote Originally Posted by saint97 View Post
    Lemina is the most talented cm at the club. Hopefully has a full pre-season and hits the ground running next season
    Talented doesn't always mean best. Boufal is probably the most talented player at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Talented doesn't always mean best.
    I agree with both of these statements

Blog Entries

I expect we won't see him until the pre-season now.

I would get rid of Boufal and Carillo and hopefully Forster.

100% should look to keep him. Cant see there being many suitors in the summer given his lack of gametime this year. Can be a great player for us if fit and would suit Ralphs system no doubt

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek2003 View Post
    I expect we won't see him until the pre-season now.

I would get rid of Boufal and Carillo and hopefully Forster.
    You’d be surprised what a great antidote getting safe can be.

But not too hard I hope, otherwise he'll damage ligaments.

11. Default

I dunno if he's worth persevering with to be honest. It's got a smell of Gaston all over it ''Give him a full pre-season'' ''Will be good to see what manger x can get out of him'' etc.

Ralph has a good eye for players not up for it - Cedric, Hoedt, Gabbiadini, Lemina.

Could get some decent ££ in the summer for him, maybe we should just take it.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    I dunno if he's worth persevering with to be honest. It's got a smell of Gaston all over it ''Give him a full pre-season'' ''Will be good to see what manger x can get out of him'' etc.

Ralph has a good eye for players not up for it - Cedric, Hoedt, Gabbiadini, Lemina.

Could get some decent ££ in the summer for him, maybe we should just take it.
    Would we get much for him though? Yes he has 3 years left but not playing this year is going to dent his price tag a bit

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    Would we get much for him though? Yes he has 3 years left but not playing this year is going to dent his price tag a bit
    He seems to have an imaginative agent as he gets linked with Man City & PSG every summer, so I'm sure he will try again.

14. Default Lemina makes "big step forward"

Ralph Hasenhüttl has revealed Mario Lemina has made “a big step forward” in his recovery from injury and could be involved as Southampton face three games in eight days.

First up is the long journey to Newcastle on Saturday, where Saints would leapfrog their hosts with victory, followed by a midweek trip to FA Cup finalists Watford, before returning home to St Mary’s against Bournemouth.

The boss is grateful to have the Gabonese midfielder so close to fitness as the season nears its climax, with his team still needing points to preserve the club’s Premier League status.

“Mario Lemina made a big step forward in the week,” Hasenhüttl told the media at his pre-match press conference. “He’s trained with the team and looks much better now – that’s good for him and good for us.

“We know we have an intense week with three games, so it will be nice if we have one more option in this position.

“I have spoken about it and I am sure he will play [at least] one more game this season. The chances are big because now he is training with the team, so maybe his injury has come to an end.”

Meanwhile, Jannik Vestergaard is a doubt for the trip to St James’ Park having missed training on Tuesday and Wednesday.

“Like in the last weeks, after intense games he has little problems and needs a little bit longer for recovery,” Hasenhüttl explained.

“It’s a long season with a huge body, so at the moment he is struggling a little bit, but let’s have a look and see if it’s possible at the weekend.

The manager also revealed “little problems” for Alex McCarthy, Matt Targett and Charlie Austin, but the trio may still be available, while Yan Valery is definitely fit to play.

Michael Obafemi is training alone as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.
    Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-...er-league-1819

I've moaned about him being out, but I'd love to see what a 100% fit Lemina could do under Ralph.

I really hope we get to see Lemina play under Hasenhutl too...unfortunately he's been out so long I doubt he'll be match-fit enough to impress instantly as this forum demands - but I think he's one of the few truly class players we have that could be a huge difference-maker for us next season.

Not really sure about lemina any more, on his day he can be awesome like the palace game last season, but he just seems very inconsistent, prone to giving ball away trying to be clever, and the west game his passing was shocking. Since he's been out our current midfield three are working well together.. and creatively Armstrong is probably better

17. Default

Well played today, Mario.

Not easy to make an impact after hardly any game time for a few months.

Hope he can help us get the points we need in the next few games.

18. Default

Lovely finish and some really great moments from him today. That little 360 move he pulled was sublime.

He really suits RAHAs system. Hopefully he recovers well and starts on Tues night.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Doubt we'll see him in a Saints shirt ever again.
    Even if he does he won’t score or add any contribution

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by saint77 View Post
    Even if he does he won’t score or add any contribution
    So I was wrong, but I never said anything about scoring or contributing just that I thought the injury recovery would go on until no games were left and he’d be off in the summer.