Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

His Instagram indicates he was driving or be driven that way today.

His Instagram indicated he was a passenger in a car and he was singing along to ****e rap music,whilst attempting a gangsta attitude and looking a prat.

At no point could you tell where he was going.

In fact most of his posts are of the same thing...banal posing ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Mario. Poor Mario's agent. Poor Saints.

EVERTON IN TALKS FOR GBAMIN

Everton are in talks with Mainz over a deal to sign defensive-midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin, according to Sky in Germany.

The Toffees have had a £23m (€25m) bid rejected, with the Bundesliga side valuing the Ivory Coast player at £27.5m (€30m), Sky in Germany are reporting.

Everton played Mainz at the weekend but Gbamin was absent due to still being on holiday after his appearances at the African Cup of Nations.

The 23-year-old defensive-midfielder, who can also play at centre-back, played 32 times in the Bundesliga last season and scored twice.

Everton are on the hunt for a new midfielder after Idrissa Gueye’s move to Paris Saint-Germain was confirmed on Tuesday – and they are also interested in Southampton’s Mario Lemina.

His Instagram indicated he was a passenger in a car and he was singing along to ****e rap music,whilst attempting a gangsta attitude and looking a prat.

At no point could you tell where he was going.

In fact most of his posts are of the same thing...banal posing ********.

Geo Tag says different

Dominic King:

Everton are keen to sign Mario Lemina and have made contact with Southampton but a deal is not close.

Things are moving in the right direction with Moise Kean but weekend looks likely for completion of deal.

Nathan Broadhead is getting a new deal and will then be loaned out [emoji838]

-------‐--------

Good NW source.

Would be a boost to agree a deal for Lemina to go, although Everton are signing another CM from Germany for 30m so hard to see why they would want both plus Delph and Gomes. But King very ITK there.

Wouldn't be overly suprised to see a foreign loan move for him which would probably be the worst outcome.

A fit and focused Lemina is a good asset for a club lacking in genuinely quality players so a sale only good if it allows us to recruit one in defence, and it leaves us with quite a few one paced central midfielders, which was why we signed him in the first place. But he has probably ended things for himself here, hence the loan when nobody makes a suitable offer to buy.

Dominic King:

Everton are keen to sign Mario Lemina and have made contact with Southampton but a deal is not close.

Things are moving in the right direction with Moise Kean but weekend looks likely for completion of deal.

Nathan Broadhead is getting a new deal and will then be loaned out [emoji838]

-------‐--------

Good NW source.

Would be a boost to agree a deal for Lemina to go, although Everton are signing another CM from Germany for 30m so hard to see why they would want both plus Delph and Gomes. But King very ITK there.

Wouldn't be overly suprised to see a foreign loan move for him which would probably be the worst outcome.

A fit and focused Lemina is a good asset for a club lacking in genuinely quality players so a sale only good if it allows us to recruit one in defence, and it leaves us with quite a few one paced central midfielders, which was why we signed him in the first place. But he has probably ended things for himself here, hence the loan when nobody makes a suitable offer to buy.

A MUCH better source.

We need this to build up. Like you say, the maths don't add up with the other (expensive) defensive midfielder. Especially when they've already signed Delph & Andre Gomes.

I think any Everton interest is now done.

Mainz midfielder Jean Phillippe Gbamin is undergoing a medical at Everton ahead of a move to the Premier League, Sky Sports News understands.

The 23-year-old is expected to replace Idrissa Gueye who left for PSG earlier this week for £29m.

The worst case scenario is neither having Lemina nor the cash from a sale, ime if he were to move on loan to a foreign side.

That seems quite likely to be at this stage and would really do very little for us apart from save his wages.

He is really the only saleable asset we would be happy to let go, so a bit of a disaster if he is isolated from the squad and then doesnt end up being sold.

Austin slightly less so as can easily loan him last minute for til his deal is up - which is presumably what he wants, to be a free agent next summer.

As Paul Joyce says:

@_pauljoyce: Everton agree £25m deal with Mainz for Jean-Philippe Gbamin, subject to medical. Centre back next priority.

They aren't paying out £25m for Gbamin / £8m for Delph / £20m+ for Andre Gomes & then going to sign Lemina as well unless George Burley is in charge of midfield transfers :)

As Paul Joyce says:

They aren't paying out £25m for Gbamin / £8m for Delph / £20m+ for Andre Gomes & then going to sign Lemina as well unless George Burley is in charge of midfield transfers :)

Or they shift Schneiderlin, who IIRC is on about £100k a week.

Everton have a similar issue to us, they have been trying to shift players from a bad transfer strategy, the likes of Morgan, Tosun, Bolasie, McCarthy and Mirallas.

Or they shift Schneiderlin, who IIRC is on about £100k a week.

Everton have a similar issue to us, they have been trying to shift players from a bad transfer strategy, the likes of Morgan, Tosun, Bolasie, McCarthy and Mirallas.

Their only (big) difference is an owner who wants to, and can, spend big.

don't know why, they have far too many players already. Poor mangement methinks.

Can't see it. Certainly going to be interesting to see where he ends up.

Probably a last min loan to a foreign club long after the English window has closed, whereby we pay a main % of the wage and get little to nothing in return. That will probably happen with most to be honest.

Hope to be proven wrong!

Mario Lemina wants to leave Southampton this summer, he’s made that very clear.

Speaking last month, the midfielder explained his move to the Saints from Juventus was always seen as a stepping stone in his career and he wanted to move on to, presumably, bigger and better things.

Manchester United and Arsenal were both linked with the Southampton player, but nothing came of it, and then there was talk of a move to Saint Etienne, although that clearly didn’t seem like a step up.

Wolves have also been linked, and now there are claims from France that the club are pushing ahead with their efforts.

Foot Mercato reports Wolves ‘accelerate’ to sign the player, and are ‘one step ahead’ of the competition.

They’ve gone further than simply being interested, and now want the signing done before the window closes on Thursday. Wolves are in ‘advanced discussions’ with Southampton, and the deal would be a loan with a compulsory purchase option.

Other clubs are also keen, and it’s suggested Wolves need to hurry.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/france-wolves-accelerate-sign-player/

So we're now just a stepping to "Wolves"!

It wasn't long ago it was to the likes Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

No. He wants to leave and our manager doesn't want to keep him. Southampton is not a stepping stone to Wolves in the same way that Juventus isn't a stepping stone to Southampton.

I think any Everton interest is now done.

Oh dear. Stick a fork in Everton's interest.

Maybe we spoke too soon, Clarkey? :suspicious:

@DominicKing_DM: Marco Silva on a big week ahead: ‘I hope we are busy. We need 4 players, maybe one in the (midfield zone). We want to improve.’

Also confirms Fabian Delph needs a scan; hopes it’s not serious but anxious until results are known

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7317833/Everton-news-Boss-Marco-Silva-urges-board-splash-cash-transfer-window-slams-shut.html

Wolves could be building something quite special, to be fair.

No, they’re just on the crest of the wave like we were under Poch/Koeman. The better you perform, the more interest there is in your players. Do you think the likes of Jota, Jimenez and Moutinho will stick around when City and United start offering £70m?

It’s like there’s an opposing magnet on the arse of the top six; the closer you get, the harder it pushes back. Everton and West Ham have chucked obscene amounts at their squad and achieved absolutely naff all.

Wolves won't repeat the relative success of last season. They'll finish tenth or something. Which is still great for second season up.

Think this could be quite a boring season. City to stroll the league. Liverpool fairly comfortable in second. United and Spurs making up the top four. Arsenal comfortable in fifth. Maybe Chelsea screw up and someone else gets sixth.

Norwich and Sheff U down by February. AFCB, Burnley or Newcastle battling with Villa to avoid 18th.

Saints about 7 points clear of 18th. Bit hairy at times but virtually safe by March.

Wolves won't repeat the relative success of last season. They'll finish tenth or something. Which is still great for second season up.

Think this could be quite a boring season. City to stroll the league. Liverpool fairly comfortable in second. United and Spurs making up the top four. Arsenal comfortable in fifth. Maybe Chelsea screw up and someone else gets sixth.

Norwich and Sheff U down by February. AFCB, Burnley or Newcastle battling with Villa to avoid 18th.

Saints about 7 points clear of 18th. Bit hairy at times but virtually safe by March.

Broadly similar to my thinking. Leicester Everton, Watford and Wolves will all compete in that group beneath the top 6 and I fancy Leicester to come out on top and actually push the top 6. We'll be below that lot but points wise I fear closer to the team in 18th than 7th although relegation isn't a danger in my opinion.

The earliest ever relegation from the Prem is March 29th, so to have 2 down by Feb is pretty mental!

I don't go to the football to think that the top 6 are going to include anyone other than who were their last season. And let's not even bother going to the media obsession about the Top 4, and CL qualification. The last time the current top 6 only filled 4 spots was the freak of 2015/16 (LCFC and us), was 2008/9 before Man City was bought out. Since then they've filled 5 of 6 spots about half the time, and all 6 spots the other half of the time. The one team that used to miss out was Liverpool, but that has changed since Henry bought them, and I think that they are pretty much guaranteed top 6 for the foreseeable future.

I go to football to be entertained (something lacking in past seasons) and to escape the wife for a while.

Broadly similar to my thinking. Leicester Everton, Watford and Wolves will all compete in that group beneath the top 6 and I fancy Leicester to come out on top and actually push the top 6. We'll be below that lot but points wise I fear closer to the team in 18th than 7th although relegation isn't a danger in my opinion.

Sadly, the Prem is entirely predictable despite what the top 6 media will try and convince otherwise. I see it as four tiers these days.

Tier 1 - Way ahead of everyone

City, Liverpool

Tier 2 - The remainder of the top 6

Spurs, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal

Tier 3 - Better than the rest

Wolves, Leicester, Everton, West Ham

Tier 4 - The rest, who can go down with one bad season

Sadly, the Prem is entirely predictable despite what the top 6 media will try and convince otherwise. I see it as four tiers these days.

Tier 1 - Way ahead of everyone

City, Liverpool

Tier 2 - The remainder of the top 6

Spurs, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal

Tier 3 - Better than the rest

Wolves, Leicester, Everton, West Ham

Tier 4 - The rest, who can go down with one bad season

Ah, but it's the best league in the world, so we are told, as the top 2 tiers are more numerous than other leagues. But in reality we are at a stage in the PL, where as you point out the top tier is populated by 2 clubs, the same as many other leagues. Spain has 3 if you include Atletico, but whether they can win is another question. France has 1. Italy has Juve with Napoli/Roma maybe joining. Germany has 2. etc etc

We all know that about the PL, hence the title winning odds. https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/23792469

Man City 1-2, Liverpool 9-4, 18-1 bar. 18-1!!! And the media will go on and on and on and on and on about the 2 horse race, and given that they will likely play at different times, will try and add excitement by saying the lead has changed 30 times over the season. Alas it was inevitable that this would happen as the riches get even bigger for the biggest teams. I fully expect them to nab most of the TV revenue in the not too distant future, and then it really will be the end. Greed as usual has killed the goose.

Ah, but it's the best league in the world, so we are told, as the top 2 tiers are more numerous than other leagues. But in reality we are at a stage in the PL, where as you point out the top tier is populated by 2 clubs, the same as many other leagues. Spain has 3 if you include Atletico, but whether they can win is another question. France has 1. Italy has Juve with Napoli/Roma maybe joining. Germany has 2. etc etc

We all know that about the PL, hence the title winning odds. https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/23792469

Man City 1-2, Liverpool 9-4, 18-1 bar. 18-1!!! And the media will go on and on and on and on and on about the 2 horse race, and given that they will likely play at different times, will try and add excitement by saying the lead has changed 30 times over the season. Alas it was inevitable that this would happen as the riches get even bigger for the biggest teams. I fully expect them to nab most of the TV revenue in the not too distant future, and then it really will be the end. Greed as usual has killed the goose.

To be fair its only evolved into that over the last season or so, largely through the mismanagement of Arsenal, Utd and Chelsea who have all fallen so far away from a title challenge.

There have still been 4 different PL Champions over the last 10 years, compared to what Juve winning the last 7 Serie As, 7 in a row for Bayern in the Bundesliga, Barca winning 4 out of the last 5 titles in La Liga, and PSG winning 6 out of the last 7 in France.

But I agree on the last bit, what he big 5/6 don't get and the media that fawns over them constantly is the reason the PL is so successful world wide is because the rest of the league, historically has been strong and anyone can beat anyone.

If it becomes a progression of the same 1/2 teams challenging with ease and lesser teams getting thumped every week that Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga are like then the appeal will drop a lot and the money bubble bursts.

The more they keep pushing to have their advantages increased, the more long term they will hurt the league's appeal.

Fair enough, I wouldn't disagree that things have consolidated themselves over the past couple of seasons.

As for winners of the Premier League. Big 6 = 25; non-Big 6 = 2 (Blackburn and Leicester, although maybe given the amount they spent in the day, B'burn could have been one of the big boys). And of those 25, of course Spurs and Liverpool can be excluded as they haven't won it. And of course, the pre 2008 Man City weren't what they are now.

What is the point of loaning him without a guarenteed purchase?

A year ago he would have been in most people's list of our top 3 or 5 players and now we are about to loan him to a PL rival seemingly without a guarenteed purchase.

We look very light in that position unless Reed becomes a viable option and I bet we won't replace Lemina.

JWP better more advanced and we know Romeu will get suspensions.

Seems a poor deal unless it allows us to make a move.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice