Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Wow has any other player been so desperate for a move that they posted their own self promotion video on twitter? "I know what I can reach & will fight for it" ...... Embarrassing

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

OMG, I keep seeing the embarrassing comment, & today this one made me laugh. How can you with some of your posts ever get embarrassed any more?

Poor Mario might have to retweet his video...

UNITED READY MILINKOVIC-SAVIC BID

Manchester United are ready to offer £72m for Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, according to Sky in Italy.

Lazio’s President Claudio Lotito wants £90m for the 24-year-old and doesn’t intend to lower the asking price.

Milinkovic-Savic would like to go but won’t force a move and would be prepared to stay at Lazio for another year.

Serge-Savic is a proper player, I am presuming that fee has stopped him moving to a European super club earlier, but you'd only think that would go through if they sold Pogba.

I'd reckon more Lemina might be a Herrera replacement.

So why would he not put out a video then?

If you think putting a video out of some sped up selected 'highlights', some of which are actually Redmond, is a good idea to help promote himself to other teams, then good luck to you.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not a 'bitter numpty' as you put it - he has been a waste of money, with a cr*p attitude and will not shed any tears if he goes. The fact that top 6 clubs allegedly want him after his time here (which I find bizarre) is great news for us, as we'll more than likely make a profit and get a hefty wage off the books.

If you think putting a video out of some sped up selected 'highlights', some of which are actually Redmond, is a good idea to help promote himself to other teams, then good luck to you.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not a 'bitter numpty' as you put it - he has been a waste of money, with a cr*p attitude and will not shed any tears if he goes. The fact that top 6 clubs allegedly want him after his time here (which I find bizarre) is great news for us, as we'll more than likely make a profit and get a hefty wage off the books.

I don't think it's a good idea, never did, just don't see why it's an issue. The fact that people get this upset about things like this, when he and the club have agreed it's probably best he move on, is why they are numpties - and yes, you certainly don't sound bitter :lol:

I know we cant MLG ....but would love to , its the comment i wanted to leave as soon as i arrived that grinds at me .......he has not tried and stolen an income from the day he arrived , the least he could have done is made an effort for two years

Spot on. Done FA since he got here and now thinks he can move on to better things. I'd love Arsenal or Manchester to buy him, but surely they're not that stupid.

If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?

I think if Ralph has decided to give Cedric and Horst a go by taking them to Austria and not Austin, Classie and Lemina the writing is on the wall for them

I think if Ralph has decided to give Cedric and Horst a go by taking them to Austria and not Austin, Classie and Lemina the writing is on the wall for them

This is true. Unless nobody comes in for them & then we are stuck with them.

Some European transfer windows (Spain, for example) shut later than ours so that’s when clubs will have us by the balls.

If he CAN be good, and I think we pretty much all agree that he can, then we should be looking to get the best out of him. Can it be that difficult for a decent manager to get his mind on track?

I think he can do it, but Lemina just has to get over this period.

I think the club have basically played this well, I mean the agreement from the start ok not great, but it happened.

So they honour it, and just let him get on with it.

If we sell him a for a decent fee then extra funds and wages for a player who was not involved much last year, if not then we have a player that pretty much knows he has to earn a move, should be motivated and who we know has quality, and has no beef with the club because they agreed to sell him just no one came in.

No manager has before at any other club he's ever played at and he's played for some very good managers, like Allegri.

Lemina is, and probably always will be, a bit of a Carlos Kaiser.

I think he can do it, but Lemina just has to get over this period.

I think the club have basically played this well, I mean the agreement from the start ok not great, but it happened.

So they honour it, and just let him get on with it.

If we sell him a for a decent fee then extra funds and wages for a player who was not involved much last year, if not then we have a player that pretty much knows he has to earn a move, should be motivated and who we know has quality, and has no beef with the club because they agreed to sell him just no one came in.

Unless he has a hissy fit if Saints turn down a derisory offer from a big club.

I was looking through the redcafe forum and this post summed this situation up quite well...

The way its being reported is like he's just turned up at work one day and gone, "okay I'm ready to move to a bigger club now please"... despite not being that amazing for Southampton

And everyone seems happy to oblige

LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.

Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.

But classic saints fans prefer directing their anger towards Lemina, Slattery, Boufal for having a bad attitude.

Just accept that players move on, it is a cycle and how football works nowadays. The sooner you accept this the better.

LMAO at people who are having a go at players who want to further their ambition.

Well wake up at least these players won't clog up the wage bill as at least their have an ambition to play football as opposed to Frazer friking Forster and if rumors are true Charlie Austin who is happy to sit out his final year without getting much of a look in. Those players are the real parasites.

But classic saints fans prefer directing their anger towards Lemina, Slattery, Boufal for having a bad attitude.

Just accept that players move on, it is a cycle and how football works nowadays. The sooner you accept this the better.

Weirdo

Who are you venting at specifically? I don't see too many people getting on at the player, some would like him to stay, others not that bothered if he leaves. Given what he's shown so far, and how much he contributed last season, you can clearly see why opinion is split.

As for the parasites, as you put it, I think you need to step away from your 'make his life hell' plan for a bit, calm down, and visit the real world.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Being at a big club will get his mind right.

Cobblers he was at Juventus THAT is a big club, look at his stats there he did diddly squat for them - he was contracted till 2020 - we rock up 2 seasons ago, slap £15.4m on the table, Juventus probably polished the company Limo to drive him to the airport, and upgraded him to first class for the flight to England, once the plane took off the Juve board opened a couple of special occasions Chianti and passed round a box of fat Havana Cigars. Similar to what Marseilles board did when they unloaded him to Juve having done diddly squat for them too.

Do you not understand that Forster and Austin are under contract? Why do you call them parasites when all they are doing is taking the wage that we agreed to pay them?! You seem to be under the impression that if a player isn't getting a game for us that we should be entitled to kick him out and/or that he has an obligation to move on. Bizarre.

Do you not understand that Forster and Austin are under contract? Why do you call them parasites when all they are doing is taking the wage that we agreed to pay them?! You seem to be under the impression that if a player isn't getting a game for us that we should be entitled to kick him out and/or that he has an obligation to move on. Bizarre.

I do understand and we have told them they have no future here, so as I said previously if they have any ambition to play football they will leave, if they stay then they are parasites because they just clog up the wage bill. Do you understand this?

Sam Gallagher has left because he wants to play football. Good for him.

Mario Lemina wants to leave because he wants to play football and further his ambitions. Good for him.

Charlie Austin is 30 and is supposed to have a few years left. What does he want? See out his contract and not be totally out of the first team picture after being a bit player.

Great ambition Charlie! Clearly just here for the pay check. Doesn t have my respect.

Frazer Forster is supposed to be in his prime as a goalkeeper and yet doesn't want to move after being told he has no future. Same happened last season and he didn't move. He wasn't even involved on matchdays ffs.

That to me is a sign that you don't even want to play football anymore. Doesn't have my respect either.

Is that so difficult to comprehend???

Sometimes people serve out their contracts because they recognise they made a legally binding agreement. Others just see the contract as a means of achieving the maximum for their 'gainful employment' and do as little as possible in return. Forster, Austin et al are all willing to give their services but circumstances change and they aren't in a position to demand unless they choose to leave of their own volition. As fans we often criticise without seeing the other side of the situation. Greed continues to be the norm in today's football with obscene payments given to mediocre players yet many fans envy the players lifestyle. You can't have it both ways.

I do understand and we have told them they have no future here, so as I said previously if they have any ambition to play football they will leave, if they stay then they are parasites because they just clog up the wage bill. Do you understand this?

Sam Gallagher has left because he wants to play football. Good for him.

Mario Lemina wants to leave because he wants to play football and further his ambitions. Good for him.

Charlie Austin is 30 and is supposed to have a few years left. What does he want? See out his contract and not be totally out of the first team picture after being a bit player.

Great ambition Charlie! Clearly just here for the pay check. Doesn t have my respect.

Frazer Forster is supposed to be in his prime as a goalkeeper and yet doesn't want to move after being told he has no future. Same happened last season and he didn't move. He wasn't even involved on matchdays ffs.

That to me is a sign that you don't even want to play football anymore. Doesn't have my respect either.

I'll answer your last question first. All of your 'points' are difficult to comprehend.

Why does forster have to want to play beyond this £4m a year 5 year contract matter to you or the club? It's irrelevant - he is contracted to the club and could, if he chooses, choose to then retire a wealthy man. Ditto Austin beyond his lucrative contract. The club have given them that opportunity, and their ages put them in a very different position to Lemina and Gallagher who clearly have to think about their future careers.

Austin and Forster are fulfilling their contractual obligations - they stay in good enough shape, train and are available if/when called on to play. They aren't 'parasites' as you label them, rather players who aren't good enough to play for us but are too well paid to get a move that is worth them moving on. Contrary to your apparent belief, their contracts mean that they choose if they move, not the club.

The fact that they have those contracts is the clubs fault, not the players. Your anger is aimed in the wrong direction - the fact that we're stuck with overpaid players is not down to 'parasite' players.

I'll answer your last question first. All of your 'points' are difficult to comprehend.

Why does forster have to want to play beyond this £4m a year 5 year contract matter to you or the club? It's irrelevant - he is contracted to the club and could, if he chooses, choose to then retire a wealthy man. Ditto Austin beyond his lucrative contract. The club have given them that opportunity, and their ages put them in a very different position to Lemina and Gallagher who clearly have to think about their future careers.

Austin and Forster are fulfilling their contractual obligations - they stay in good enough shape, train and are available if/when called on to play. They aren't 'parasites' as you label them, rather players who aren't good enough to play for us but are too well paid to get a move that is worth them moving on. Contrary to your apparent belief, their contracts mean that they choose if they move, not the club.

The fact that they have those contracts is the clubs fault, not the players. Your anger is aimed in the wrong direction - the fact that we're stuck with overpaid players is not down to 'parasite' players.

He seems to be convinced that employees have a moral obligation to their employer but not the other way round. First against the wall when the workers finally revolt.

He seems to be convinced that employees have a moral obligation to their employer but not the other way round. First against the wall when the workers finally revolt.

Though the power relationship appears to go all one-way in football. Play well and you lobby for a move despite your contract. Play badly and then your contract becomes the most sacred thing in the world.

Though the power relationship appears to go all one-way in football. Play well and you lobby for a move despite your contract. Play badly and then your contract becomes the most sacred thing in the world.

Like any other job. Football clubs actually have more power over their employees than in any other industry I can think of

I wonder if clubs would be happy for players to move to an at-will model of employment?

Like any other job. Football clubs actually have more power over their employees than in any other industry I can think of

You obviously don’t know how US professional sports, especially the NFL are run then.

Edited by shurlock

You obviously don’t know how US professional sports, especially the NFL are run then.

Indeed, it is extremely rare that players have any sort of power - if you look at what happened to Le'Veon last season, he's ended up on a worse team, on less money. Similar might happen to Melvin Gordon if he doesn't toe the line this season.

In theory yes, but in practice not. There has to be pragmatism, which includes on the player's side. If he can't get his move, then he will have to knuckle down.

Indeed, it is extremely rare that players have any sort of power - if you look at what happened to Le'Veon last season, he's ended up on a worse team, on less money. Similar might happen to Melvin Gordon if he doesn't toe the line this season.

Yep never mind that most contracts guarantee only a portion of a player’s salary. That is players can sign huge contracts but teams can then cut them if they are not performing and will only be on the hook for a small amount of money. See Donovan McNabb a few years back.

Frankly I have far more respect for a Le’Veon Bell (who was protecting his body in a position with a notoriously short shelf-life, knowing that the Steelers were going to run into him the ground and then likely move on from him) and Melvin Gordon (who has been playing on a depressed rookie contract and earning peanuts in relative terms) than any footballer who threatens to go on strike or demands a transfer despite having agreed to a contract and all the security it brings.

Yep never mind that most contracts guarantee only a portion of a player’s salary. That is players can sign huge contracts but teams can then cut them if they are not performing and will only be on the hook for a small amount of money. See Donovan McNabb a few years back.

Frankly I have far more respect for a Le’Veon Bell (who was protecting his body in a position with a notoriously short shelf-life, knowing that the Steelers were going to run into him the ground and then likely move on from him) and Melvin Gordon (who has been playing on a depressed rookie contract and earning peanuts in relative terms) than any footballer who threatens to go on strike or demands a transfer despite having agreed to a contract and all the security it brings.

Let's stick to English football pal.

Let's stick to English football pal.

Wind your neck in pal. Someone else started talking about other industries. I simply pointed to a related industry where employers hold much more power. Even Derek could follow that.

Edited by shurlock

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice