Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Unfortunately this is the problem with ostracising a player. Not saying that we were wrong to, but at the start of the summer there was a sense that we could turn a tidy profit on him, now we seem to be talking about simply recouping most of what we bought him for. Surely potential suitors know that he's out of favour and we probably just want to get rid.

Hard to know what to do in this situation, as can totally understand Hasenhuttl not wanting him to be part of the plans if his heart isn't in it, but that may cost us a fair chunk of cash. Perhaps we also thought the interest from bigger clubs was genuine.

Who ostracised who? Him us, or us him?

It's the chicken & egg scenario!

I was referring to us leaving him out of the pre-season tour etc and making it obvious we don't want him. Fully acknowledge that he deserved it, but just a shame that his attitude will likely cost us a decent sum.

TBH, not sure any bridges have been burnt, so it might take a few weeks to assimilate back into the squad, should the manager want him. If he is still with us, then surely that would be the best thing to do. If he hasn't gone, I'd send him away on holiday for a week so that can gather his thoughts and come back raring to go. But that might be a bit fanciful!!

TBH, not sure any bridges have been burnt, so it might take a few weeks to assimilate back into the squad, should the manager want him. If he is still with us, then surely that would be the best thing to do. If he hasn't gone, I'd send him away on holiday for a week so that can gather his thoughts and come back raring to go. But that might be a bit fanciful!!

Yeah that's pretty much my take on it. He was hoping to attract a big club to sign him, but it seems he hasn't done enough to earn that yet. But the interview that was put out a few weeks back didn't suggest he had refused to play for us or anything as drastic as that.

If nothing happens between now and the end of the window then hopefully he will have the awareness needed to recognise he will have to buckle down and perform for us more consistently if he wants to get his big move.

Ok thanks, hope that's the case - if he just thinks he's good enough to play for a bigger club but that doesn't materialise maybe it will be a reality check for him and encourage a better work ethic. I can't imagine that St Etienne is the move he's been dreaming of, and if he leaves I think we'll need to replace him as we're a bit light in midfield, so not sure that selling to St Etienne for a cut price (or loan) is a deal that works for anyone!

St Etienne finished 4th last season and are in Europa group stages. Apart from that, not a step up, certainly not in terms in earning potential.

No shortage of media mentions. Moves to the Premier league / Serie A / Ligue 1 / Turkey have all been mentioned.

No sign of anyone yet seemingly willing to stump up the cash for him.

On paper, he was the 1 player I thought would be easiest to shift. In reality, he's posting video clips of himself for scouts!

I note that there are a fair few who think it would be great to get him in. Not sure why they think that. We don't really want him, which they ignore, instead seeing that he wants to go to a bigger club so must be good. Why do they think that Juventus sold him to us?? Look at his career... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mario-lemina/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/170934... it's not spectacular.

162 games in total - 7 goals, 3 assists.

52 for Saints (over 2 seasons)

42 for Juve (over best part of 2 seasons)

50 for Marseille (over 2 and a bit seasons)

18 for Lorient (over 1 and a bit seasons)

Another wannabe social media star, has potential to be very good but can’t seem to do this for more than one game. Get rid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes for a funny read considering this was the second post on this thread, some things never chance lol

I note that there are a fair few who think it would be great to get him in. Not sure why they think that. We don't really want him, which they ignore, instead seeing that he wants to go to a bigger club so must be good. Why do they think that Juventus sold him to us?? Look at his career... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mario-lemina/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/170934... it's not spectacular.

162 games in total - 7 goals, 3 assists.

52 for Saints (over 2 seasons)

42 for Juve (over best part of 2 seasons)

50 for Marseille (over 2 and a bit seasons)

18 for Lorient (over 1 and a bit seasons)

interestingly Yoshida has played in 169 matches for Saints and has 9 goals

A player that played for himself, loads of cameos, players making runs while Lamina dribbled going nowhere, wouldn't pass, inevitably loses the ball dropping us in it leaving us light at the back. Spent large parts of every game out of the game and virtually invisible. Is nobody thinking why doesn't Hasenhuttl want a show pony in his evolving hard working team. No, neither would I.

The sooner we unload him the better. In two years time he will be in the same situation somewhere else.

A player that played for himself, loads of cameos, players making runs while Lamina dribbled going nowhere, wouldn't pass, inevitably loses the ball dropping us in it leaving us light at the back. Spent large parts of every game out of the game and virtually invisible. Is nobody thinking why doesn't Hasenhuttl want a show pony in his evolving hard working team. No, neither would I.

The sooner we unload him the better. In two years time he will be in the same situation somewhere else.

You describe Boufal very accurately there. Yet lots are clamouring for him to be involved, and that Ralph can work his magic. On some days Lemina was nothing like this, but the inconsistency was worrying. Basically though he doesn't want to be here, and that's that. Best thing is to get shot. Shame, because he is actually a very good player, when he can be arsed.

You describe Boufal very accurately there. Yet lots are clamouring for him to be involved, and that Ralph can work his magic. On some days Lemina was nothing like this, but the inconsistency was worrying. Basically though he doesn't want to be here, and that's that. Best thing is to get shot. Shame, because he is actually a very good player, when he can be arsed.

And that is the nub of it.......or nail hit squarely on the head.

Don't see Boufal casually strolling back when he's lost the ball ?

Don't see Boufal casually strolling back when he's lost the ball ?

Agree with you. Don't understand why people complain about his workrate.

To slow to pass, yes, but he's good at tracking back when needed.

You seem to have quite a dislike for Boufal. Is it because he isn't Northern Irish and overrated? :D

Sky saying Everton might be interested to replace Gueye

This is one of those 'is this legit, or is it just for SkyBet punters?' transfer stories.

Good news if it's true as they can at least afford him. Will wait & see if any of the Merseyside regulars confirm it.

You seem to have quite a dislike for Boufal. Is it because he isn't Northern Irish and overrated? :D

Boufal and Lemina actually want to play football which is the complete opposite of a certain 3rd choice keeper of ours and a big time Charlie we have on our books.

So my dislike is directly aimed at these 2 instead of people with relative ambition.

He's got talent, there's no doubts about it. He can play.

He's just a flawed personality, his makeup is all wrong and that’s why he's never going to make it anywhere really.

If we're honest, this is a great club for players to come to and flourish if they have talent and application. We've seen it all before. He has absolutely zero application and this is why we don't want him anymore, why Marseille didn't want him and why Juventus didn't want him.

He'll be a typical journeyman and probably in an obscure league within a couple of years. Shame really, such a waste of natural ability.

He's just a flawed personality, his makeup is all wrong and that’s why he's never going to make it anywhere really.

If we're honest, this is a great club for players to come to and flourish if they have talent and application. We've seen it all before. He has absolutely zero application and this is why we don't want him anymore, why Marseille didn't want him and why Juventus didn't want him.

He'll be a typical journeyman and probably in an obscure league within a couple of years. Shame really, such a waste of natural ability.

This.

I think that's a little too harsh. Ever since he's stated he wants to leave lots of supporters have gone very negative on his abilities as a footballer. Not saying you have as I'm not on here enough to know, but until he asked to leave he was very much 'in the building' and was a part of Hasenhuttl's squad. He would not want him around if he was not good enough, and if he didn't believe he had the right quality.

It's true that Lemina has little consistency and his performances vary wildly, but he has a lot of very good traits for his position and he can affect a game both with and without a ball and for a central midfielder that is rare in the Premier League.

It looks like many clubs like him, although he is not their first choice. That's about right for a player who clearly has ability but has struggled with consistency. We're a lesser squad without him, a lesser team without him when he plays well, and we'll miss him if we don't replace him.

Quite clearly Hasenhuttl only wants players here who want to be here, but lets not make it out that his poor attitude has cost him his place in the squad - its his lack of desire to be here.

Boufal and Lemina actually want to play football which is the complete opposite of a certain 3rd choice keeper of ours and a big time Charlie we have on our books.

So my dislike is directly aimed at these 2 instead of people with relative ambition.

How do you know that Forster does not want to play football? Any links?

I think that's a little too harsh. Ever since he's stated he wants to leave lots of supporters have gone very negative on his abilities as a footballer. Not saying you have as I'm not on here enough to know, but until he asked to leave he was very much 'in the building' and was a part of Hasenhuttl's squad. He would not want him around if he was not good enough, and if he didn't believe he had the right quality.

It's true that Lemina has little consistency and his performances vary wildly, but he has a lot of very good traits for his position and he can affect a game both with and without a ball and for a central midfielder that is rare in the Premier League.

It looks like many clubs like him, although he is not their first choice. That's about right for a player who clearly has ability but has struggled with consistency. We're a lesser squad without him, a lesser team without him when he plays well, and we'll miss him if we don't replace him.

Quite clearly Hasenhuttl only wants players here who want to be here, but lets not make it out that his poor attitude has cost him his place in the squad - its his lack of desire to be here.

You've pretty much confirmed what I’ve said really, he has talent. I've never been negative about his abilities as a footballer, he has it all in his locker that side.

He just doesn't have the application, so his consistency will never be there. He never has had it and probably never will. That's why he's always moving around and hardly getting any games under his belt. There will always be clubs and managers who look at the raw player and hope they can coach it out of him, but the reality is that he's a little bit broken in his traits and that's not particularly easy to fix.

You've pretty much confirmed what I’ve said really, he has talent. I've never been negative about his abilities as a footballer, he has it all in his locker that side.

He just doesn't have the application, so his consistency will never be there. He never has had it and probably never will. That's why he's always moving around and hardly getting any games under his belt. There will always be clubs and managers who look at the raw player and hope they can coach it out of him, but the reality is that he's a little bit broken in his traits and that's not particularly easy to fix.

I don't think its his application though. I think its just his nature. I don't think its a conscious decision - he's been blighted by consistency issues his entire career. I don't think he chooses to be this way, I think that's just how he is. So I don't think he is a flawed personality and all the negative connotations that go with it.

If he hadn't asked to leave most of us would have been quite excited to see what he may have done under Hasenhuttl given the alignment of his abilities to the aggressiveness of our tactics.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice