Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

He'll need to back down, apologise, and come back raring to go.

Unfortunately, and I don't want to say this in a disparaging way, but generally the Sub Saharan way is to earn as much as you can, chasing the paychecks. It's the culture they're brought up with when the talent is obviously there. This leads to situations like this - the only reason Mane didn't go mental was that we promised him a move the following Summer with a minimum set price we'd take.

Sub Saharan?

have to say Lemina has played this poorly :lol:

It isn't even like we are asking for the world with him in terms of asking price yet he remains sidelined.

He played one thing very badly, and that was that he only ever planned to be here for 2 years, and that those 2 years were up. I think too many football players listen to their agents and what they promise will happen. He best go and have a lemonade and have a serious think about his future. Move from Juve to Saints should have told him something, and that while he may be good, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

He played one thing very badly, and that was that he only ever planned to be here for 2 years, and that those 2 years were up. I think too many football players listen to their agents and what they promise will happen. He best go and have a lemonade and have a serious think about his future. Move from Juve to Saints should have told him something, and that while he may be good, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

Indeed.

Considering his performances over the last two years and injury record it is unlikely he was going to move up.

I did look into it at one point but his injuries have actually coincided with when we have one a few games

Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.

Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.

I don't think it's true that it's more likely. It's just a personality trait.

There has been no lack of interest. Just that we are asking more than he’s worth today.

I know in an ideal world we would sell Lemina for a reasonable fee and put the money towards a new CB. However, we would probably also need to sign another midfielder, even if just as a backup, as we seem to be a bit lightweight in that area when Romeu is injured (i.e. now) and inevitably suspended during the season.

So IF this lack of interest in him does in fact give him a reality check and he doesn't sulk, are we actually better keeping him rather than loaning him out or selling in a cut-price deal? I know there's a lot of ifs there, but with just a couple of days left for something to happen, I'm wondering if a desperate sell will result in us actually being worse off than if he stays.

I know in an ideal world we would sell Lemina for a reasonable fee and put the money towards a new CB. However, we would probably also need to sign another midfielder, even if just as a backup, as we seem to be a bit lightweight in that area when Romeu is injured (i.e. now) and inevitably suspended during the season.

So IF this lack of interest in him does in fact give him a reality check and he doesn't sulk, are we actually better keeping him rather than loaning him out or selling in a cut-price deal? I know there's a lot of ifs there, but with just a couple of days left for something to happen, I'm wondering if a desperate sell will result in us actually being worse off than if he stays.

But it's not as if we have much option to keep him. He's made it clear to the coaching staff that we wants to go whatever. Ralph has made it clear he only wants dedicated players and has not played him all pre season, and taken is place, locker etc in the dressing room.

Hey Everton, we’ve got one for you at less than half the price.

EVERTON GIVE UP ON DOUCOURE

Everton have ended efforts to sign Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.

We understand the Toffees are now considering alternative targets after their second bid of £36.7m was turned down yesterday.

But it's not as if we have much option to keep him. He's made it clear to the coaching staff that we wants to go whatever. Ralph has made it clear he only wants dedicated players and has not played him all pre season, and taken is place, locker etc in the dressing room.

But is that true? Presumably he wants to go to a team at least on par with us. I can't imagine he'd be too happy with a move to Sheffield United.

Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on??? :D

is it likely that Wolves have said they are pulling out because they dont want to take the obligation to buy clause to try and call our bluff as the window counts down. I would expect they try and revive talks in the morning and break our resolve ?

I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.

Well, clearly we won’t just accept anything as they’d be gone already.

I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.

I don’t think we’ve done anything wrong as such, it’s the players making this awkward.

Lemina was probably told he would be allowed to move to a big club in two years but he obviously skipped the part about actually playing well enough for someone like Man Utd to be interested.

If Austin wants to extend his pay cheques, sorry... playing career, beyond next May, he is going to want to spend the next 9 months playing football somewhere. Telling League 1 clubs you want £60k a week because you were an unused sub for England five years ago might not go down too well.

of course it has, we have publicly showed our desperation to sell before we can buy. I bet you we will have various shyte offers late in the day to and we will be faced with having lemina and austin on full wages on the books for another 12 months or we let them go at 4pm tomorrow at 50% of wages. Wolves no it and hold the cards up right now.

I dont think we will sign anyone else now.

of course it has, we have publicly showed our desperation to sell before we can buy. I bet you we will have various shyte offers late in the day to and we will be faced with having lemina and austin on full wages on the books for another 12 months or we let them go at 4pm tomorrow at 50% of wages. Wolves no it and hold the cards up right now.

No, we do. He’s under contract until such time we get an offer we consider worth our time.

It’s one thing to let a player go when someone is offering £75m, it’s quite another for a player to say, "please can you loan me out to one of your rivals and pay half my wages whilst doing so, ta."

If we don’t get an offer we want, then Mario can deal with it. Either he gets his head down or trains with the U23s.

Don’t you think that, whether we made it public or not, their Agents would not be saying to the world that Saints are happy to be rid just make a low ball offer?

If he doesn't het the move he is after it is down to him. The best way to get a move to a big club is to consistentl play like a big club player, not up and down.

Hopefully he we realise this and play like Palce Away Lemina all year to get his dream move !

When you make it known publically and even puyt fake news in the media ala 'Man United interested' you will not get the deal you want.

Unless there has been severe issues and (i dont think there has been) both austin and lemina should of carried on training the same like Hoedt, Elyounoussi, Boufal etc

No, we do. He’s under contract until such time we get an offer we consider worth our time.

It’s one thing to let a player go when someone is offering £75m, it’s quite another for a player to say, "please can you loan me out to one of your rivals and pay half my wages whilst doing so, ta."

If we don’t get an offer we want, then Mario can deal with it. Either he gets his head down or trains with the U23s.

Exactly this

Leminade's ego must be taking one hell of a beating. At least the other defector's had moves lined up when they threw a tantrum, this guy thought that by planting fake news about Arsenal and Man Utd he would have big clubs queuing up for him. Instead all he got is a Wolves loan deal that has fallen through because neither us nor Wolves want to be stuck with him beyond next summer. It's pathetic.

Leminade's ego must be taking one hell of a beating. At least the other defector's had moves lined up when they threw a tantrum, this guy thought that by planting fake news about Arsenal and Man Utd he would have big clubs queuing up for him. Instead all he got is a Wolves loan deal that has fallen through because neither us nor Wolves want to be stuck with him beyond next summer. It's pathetic.

Haha I think the hashtag will be #bitterlikeleminade tomorrow evening. ‘Oooh someone sign me’. Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam Wallace just casually dropped in that Roma & Sevilla have shown most interest from abroad...

Sam Wallace: Southampton forward Nathan Redmond has signed a new four-year deal at the club that represents Saints' most important contract renegotiation of the summer.

There has been a major refresh and restructure of the squad this close season by manager Ralph Hasenhuttl and director of football operations Ross Wilson, and keeping Redmond was central to that strategy. The 25-year-old has been used extensively by Hasenhuttl since his arrival in December and his performances for Saints earned him his first senior England cap in May. Securing the long-term future of Redmond, who is going into his fourth season at the club, is crucial to Southampton’s new high-energy, youthful approach under Hasenhuttl.

Both Michael Obafemi, 19, and Yan Valery, 20, brought to the academy in their late teens and now first team players, have signed new deals this year.

Barring a late intervention today, Mario Lemina is now likely to leave for a European club before the Sept 2 deadline. The former Juventus midfielder has been the subject of interest from Wolves this transfer window, as well as Arsenal. Saints are looking for a permanent move for him, or at the very least a loan with an obligation to buy later. Roma and Sevilla have shown the greatest interest in the 25-year-old. Charlie Austin is in talks with West Bromwich Albion.

Glen Johnson just been slagging him right off on talksport !

Been listening also - real refreshing stuff from Johnson. You would hope that there are not too many Berahinos' out there - but then again, who knows?

RMC saying Lemina has agreed to join Monaco, and the clubs are discussing the last parts of the deal.

Differing reports as to whether a loan with an option, or obligation, to buy.

If its just an option, then its not a great deal for us considering 12 months ago we would probably not have sold him for £30m.

RMC saying Lemina has agreed to join Monaco, and the clubs are discussing the last parts of the deal.

Differing reports as to whether a loan with an option, or obligation, to buy.

If its just an option, then its not a great deal for us considering 12 months ago we would probably not have sold him for £30m.

RMC report this evening that Ligue 1 side AS Monaco are in advanced negotiations to sign Gabonese international midfielder Mario Lemina on loan with an obligation to buy from Southampton.

The player has already agreed personal terms with the Principality side and is actively pushing for the deal to occur. He has already spoken to Leonardo Jardim, as talks continue this evening between the two clubs over the finer details relating to a loan with obligation to buy structure.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/as-monaco-in-advanced-talks-to-sign-mario-lemina/

Edited by SuperSAINT

Jealous! Imagine getting to live and play in Monaco. Would be amazing and what upgrade from living in Southampton

Hopefully offsets some of the cash owed on Carrillo

Shame for us as still believe he's one of our best players just now.

I'll take a bag of what you're smoking!!

Sell Carrillo on permanent too and we are laughing!

Good luck with that.

Battling relegation in the Premier League to... Battling relegation in Ligue 1 in a stadium of 18,000.

Not quite the sporting step-up I imagine his ego was thinking of.

Monaco the perfect club for him. Looks cool, but very expensive!

Not impossible.

Oh and add Forster to Celtic, we really can t have our 3rd keeper as the best paid player at the club!

celtic's top players are on circa £30k a week....how much will they pay for Forster, given they are not even in the CL group stages?

Talk of a loan with 20m euro obligation to buy.

I m ok with that because it relieves the wage bill and will allow us to streghen in Jan or next summer.

Sell Carrillo on permanent too and we are laughing!

20m euros is almost the same as pounds now.......

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice