Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Have to feel that overall the only winners would be Galatasaray rather than Lemina and certainly not Saints.

Shame its ended like this, as talent wise he should be a starter in our team rather than loaned out for little financial benefit.

This scenario a year ago would have been laughed at. Shows how quickly things change in football.
    I agree. I remember his debut at Palace and then compare it to his display at West Ham at the end of last season.Something went very wrong.

You watch him turn down Galatasary can feel it in my bones

Ooh crikey it seems he did want out after all. Who knew?

Has he gone yet?

Blog Entries

I donít really understand his logic here- because surely he cannot expect to be in the shop window for the bigger clubs by plying his trade in Turkey as opposed to us?!?! I rate him that much that I think he would get a good amount of minutes here- and tbh even if PEH is captain I think a Lemina at his best is better than the PEH equivalent.

If he went Roma or any other top club within the top 4/5 leagues, fair enough.

I can only think that with 2 years left on his contract next summer he will think it will be easier to leave- well it doesnít matter what happens but I would like to think we would still want at least £18m next summer (which I still think is cheap), and clearly that valuation was still not met by anyone else this summer.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    I don’t really understand his logic here- because surely he cannot expect to be in the shop window for the bigger clubs by plying his trade in Turkey as opposed to us?!?! I rate him that much that I think he would get a good amount of minutes here- and tbh even if PEH is captain I think a Lemina at his best is better than the PEH equivalent.

If he went Roma or any other top club within the top 4/5 leagues, fair enough.

I can only think that with 2 years left on his contract next summer he will think it will be easier to leave- well it doesn’t matter what happens but I would like to think we would still want at least £18m next summer (which I still think is cheap), and clearly that valuation was still not met by anyone else this summer.
    Do well in the Champions League and that will be good exposure for him. Seems to have proper thrown his toys out of the pram with us...he barely put any effort in even when he DID want to play for us. Never forgave him for that horrendous display in the semi-final against Chelsea.

7. Default

Of all the players potentially going out on loan or being sold (!!!!!), Boufal was my number 1 to be "rehabilitated" and Lemina was number 2. Boufal seems to be doing OK so far, and maybe if no one takes him, Lemina can be reintegrated. Bit of humble pie, and the merest bit of egg on face, and that's about it. No bridges burned. Not hugely complicated and all will be forgotten in a week or two, esp if he puts in a shift. So if he's still here, its not a disaster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    Do well in the Champions League and that will be good exposure for him. Seems to have proper thrown his toys out of the pram with us...he barely put any effort in even when he DID want to play for us. Never forgave him for that horrendous display in the semi-final against Chelsea.
    In a group with PSG and Real Madrid, good luck to him (even if both has some internal turmoil)

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Of all the players potentially going out on loan or being sold (!!!!!), Boufal was my number 1 to be "rehabilitated" and Lemina was number 2. Boufal seems to be doing OK so far, and maybe if no one takes him, Lemina can be reintegrated. Bit of humble pie, and the merest bit of egg on face, and that's about it. No bridges burned. Not hugely complicated and all will be forgotten in a week or two, esp if he puts in a shift. So if he's still here, its not a disaster.
    Yeah pretty much this too- he is good friends with Ings and Valery based off Instagram

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    In a group with PSG and Real Madrid, good luck to him (even if both has some internal turmoil)

Yeah pretty much this too- he is good friends with Ings and Valery based off Instagram
    Oh I agree, but the guy clearly has a hugely inflated opinion of himself so thinks he'll go there, dominate the games against PSG and Real and then be top of their shopping lists for the summer.

Not often I feel there's a lose-lose-lose situation but this is probably it. By all accounts Ralph appears a very reasonable man so can only assume Lemina could not be persuaded to stay.

Galatasary likely gainers if he tries to prove himself on Champions league stage...but then, he's still a Saints player so even if he is outstanding we'll make him unaffordable for them.

11. Default

We have supposedly priced him out of the moves he wanted, so suspect if he does go to Turkey it's simply to play football, not to help us.

Feel we've played this one poorly, some lessons learned I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We have supposedly priced him out of the moves he wanted, so suspect if he does go to Turkey it's simply to play football, not to help us.

Feel we've played this one poorly, some lessons learned I hope
    Poor effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Default

If players accept high wages after a high transfer, then they have to accept that we want to recoup some of it, so stow the "priced him out of a move" bollix please.

If players accept high wages after a high transfer, then they have to accept that we want to recoup some of it, so stow the "priced him out of a move" bollix please.
    He is having a bad day and trying too hard.
    Agree totally if we had let him go cheaply he would have been first one to complain where does it say we should let him go and not get a good deal for us?
    Lemina is a good player but lacks the personality and brain to make the most of that ability as proven by his past.
    Good luck to him no malice just a shame as when he wanted to he was very good

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Has he gone yet?
    Yes he signed along with Falcao there is a picture
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDeyw5GXYAMQH20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_clark View Post
    This, with bells on.

25,000 Cim Bom fans turned up at Istanbul airport to welcome Falcao. Not sure how many Mario got!

Still, swapping the Woolston Ferry for the Bosphorus...

18. Default

20:50
    LEMINA LOANED TO GALA

Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina has joined Galatasaray on a one-year loan deal for an initial fee of €1m.

The Turkish champions also have the option to buy the player next summer for €16m.

Does this mean I no longer have to have #TonicLikeLeminade shoehorned into my psyche?

If he couldn't get premier League was always going to be a club in the champions League, though he wanted to stay in premier League. That didn't happen as clubs wouldn't pay (high) loan fee and/or commitment to buy at and of season. Personally terms were agreed with one but clubs couldn't agree.
    Europe was always the backup, lots of interest, but wanted CL football and gala covering wages. Not a commitment to buy, but he's a talented footballer so here's hoping he shines.

Personally wanted another season out of him, but premier league clubs turned his head and then there was no turning back. Saints allowed him to talk to others, couldn't agree fees, and then he was off the Ralph train.

Think that just about completes the great SFC enema clearance for now , anyone need a tube for anything ?

22. Default

£20m on a 4 year contract, and we loan him out for €1m with a €16m option. Fine if they take the option, but pretty p1ss poor if they don't. One would hope that we aren't paying any of his wages.

Hope he does well, gets a few goals and a bag full of assists under his belt now they’ve gone and signed Falcao. Would snap your hand off for £16m back.

He obviously doesn’t want to be here, he wants and thinks he’s good enough for the Champions League.

Certainly one who let the door bang on his backside on the way out. Surprised he didn’t get a kick in the pants from Hughes at Wolves when he took about 10 minutes to change his boots mid game.
    Promised much, tempted us with the odd fancy - but overall ran his blueprint of doing pretty much bugger all and pocketing a wage. I guess the premier league was a bit too much like hard work for him.

Personally, I didn't want him to play for us again after his showing against Chelsea in the FA cup semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Certainly one who let the door bang on his backside on the way out. Surprised he didnít get a kick in the pants from Hughes at Wolves when he took about 10 minutes to change his boots mid game.
    Promised much, tempted us with the odd fancy - but overall ran his blueprint of doing pretty much bugger all and pocketing a wage. I guess the premier league was a bit too much like hard work for him.
    This. Good riddance to the arrogant tw*t.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMB View Post
    Personally, I didn't want him to play for us again after his showing against Chelsea in the FA cup semi final.
    You're the second person I've seen now make a similar comment.

I didn't get to watch that game, so how bad was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    You're the second person I've seen now make a similar comment.

I didn't get to watch that game, so how bad was he?
    He was awful, never have I seen a player put such little effort into a game (possibly only rivalled by Austin v Fulham away last season)

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Reece View Post
    He was awful, never have I seen a player put such little effort into a game (possibly only rivalled by Austin v Fulham away last season)
    This, and on a big stage totally anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsland Red View Post
    This, and on a big stage totally anonymous
    It was this game that made me realise that Lemina was a head-case; the opportunity to show off his wares against a really big club, at an iconic stadium and he just couldn't be arsed. Great way to put yourself in the shop window for a top club to take notice, Mario!

31. Default

What sticks in my mind was when he was attacking our end, and he had fluffed it, he was wandering about behind Chelsea's goal line, while Chelsea were on the break and attacking us. He clearly couldn't give 2 hoots about getting back and helping out. Give me someone like Romeu or Yoshida any day of the week.

For all the rights and wrongs of Leminas performances and transfer, it does now seem very odd that we let Reed go out on loan given our lack of strength in depth in midfield.

If Smallbone or Slattery we're thought highly enough of to be better back-up options than Reed, stranger still that neither featured in the Fulham squad, especially with PEH playing left back!

With this show pony in the side Pompey had cause to call us pony fiddlers.

Lots of talent but no work ethic. Good riddance.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    For all the rights and wrongs of Leminas performances and transfer, it does now seem very odd that we let Reed go out on loan given our lack of strength in depth in midfield.

If Smallbone or Slattery we're thought highly enough of to be better back-up options than Reed, stranger still that neither featured in the Fulham squad, especially with PEH playing left back!
    This would be the same Reed that’s made one start for Fulham?

Blog Entries

Hardly the type of loan that will put him in the shop window if he does well - that said, Turkish football is slightly better than Scottish football (see Forster and Moi)

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    This would be the same Reed that’s made one start for Fulham?
    Well, yes, kind of supporting the point that championship Fulham appear to have better midfield squad depth than we do. It is a bit of a worry ...

More interested in Instagram then playing football hope he never plays for us again the waste Of space....

There's a very good player in there somewhere, unfortunately he just never came out very often. I was at Wembley so understand the vitriol, but I was also at West Brom where the other Mario showed up.... ah well.
    Last edited by Micky; 03-09-2019 at 01:34 PM.

39. Default

funny how none of the so called 'big clubs' in the Prem came in for him.

I guess the attraction of playing alongside stars such as Ward Prowse diminished over time.

Default Weird Slogans

Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman View Post
    Does this mean I no longer have to have #TonicLikeLeminade shoehorned into my psyche?

Tonic isn't really like Lemonade though is it? Even in both contexts of the word "tonic", this slogan is a bit cr*p and doesn't really make sense or work on any level I can deduce. Stick to playing football and learning the benefits of humility.

I used to really like Lemina. He started with a seemingly good attitude from afar. Not sure the catalyst and where it all went wrong.

Another talented player blinded by the overwhelming urge to fast track his way to wealth and status without putting a shift in (eh Lovren? The King of self grandeur, ego and deluded sense of self worth. The worst player I have witnessed in terms of attitude over the last decade of world football). I appreciate many players have got away with little effort for large reward but surely it gives a better sense of satisfaction achieving success through sheer hard work and determination but I am judging him with my own standards which is my main mistake. Lemina is better off putting the effort in as many other footballers more successfully manage. It's still a pretty charmed life but that lazy and arrogant mindset which plagues so many footballers of undoubted talent ruins the modern game for me in a sense and that preoccupation with materialism has hamstrung his ability to leap like to higher peaks.

I remember Saints had similar issues in the dressing room around the time of Carlton Palmer's arrival when CP and another senior commented and condemned the dressing room for the excessive focus on money and materialism rather than football. He'd never experienced a dressing room like it. Tedious conversations and an endemic preponderance for status and players with a sense of entitlement and the complete lack of sporting hunger and drive for success. We needed that Northern attitude at the time; much less materialism (as is common place on the South Coast and Southampton), and much more drive and determination with a sense of teamwork. Luckily, we have Ralph who is clearly a great man manager very much focused on the psychological as well as tactical side of the game which is half the battle in the modern game.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Well, yes, kind of supporting the point that championship Fulham appear to have better midfield squad depth than we do. It is a bit of a worry ...
    Of course, completely supports that view. In much the same way as Jack Rose not playing for Walsall means they have better goalkeeping options than Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    Of course, completely supports that view. In much the same way as Jack Rose not playing for Walsall means they have better goalkeeping options than Saints.
    Now you're just being a tool, as you probably know.

Aside from the fact he was only ever bought to support the u21 team, if he was here Rose would be (at best) 4th choice. He has played 9 league 2 games in his career, and none for 3 seasons. Reed has 102 appearances, 17 in the premier league, the rest in the championship, 72 in the last two seasons. Plus 16 England youth caps. You're talking about a non entity, I'm talking about a viable option.

The obvious issue is that in a months time when romeu picks up his 5th booking and PEH gets sent off in the same game, we start the next match with a midfield of...???

We are extremely thin on the ground in midfield, yes, probably thinner than Fulham. We're ok for goalkeepers, though. Probably better than walsall.

Danso Armstrong and JWP?

20:50
    LEMINA LOANED TO GALA

Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina has joined Galatasaray on a one-year loan deal for an initial fee of €1m.

The Turkish champions also have the option to buy the player next summer for €16m.
    Historically he tends to feature on average about 25 times a season for his club, So with Galatasary having Turkish league and cup, plus at least 6 champions league games this season he should make about 50% of their games. Will this be enough to convince them to shell out €16m. Unlikely...

Yes. At some point this season we will end up fielding a central midfield of Stephens and JWP, or something equally horrific.

As I’ve said before, he's flawed. He'll never make it at the top level. He’s never made it at any of the clubs he’s been at.

Talented, yes, but not the right mind-set or attitude. He'll just meander between different clubs for the remainder of his career before calling it a day on his career quite early on I'd imagine. Then he can bask in the $$$ whilst he laps up his Instagram.

48. Default

Now you're just being a tool, as you probably know.

Aside from the fact he was only ever bought to support the u21 team, if he was here Rose would be (at best) 4th choice. He has played 9 league 2 games in his career, and none for 3 seasons. Reed has 102 appearances, 17 in the premier league, the rest in the championship, 72 in the last two seasons. Plus 16 England youth caps. You're talking about a non entity, I'm talking about a viable option.

The obvious issue is that in a months time when romeu picks up his 5th booking and PEH gets sent off in the same game, we start the next match with a midfield of...???

We are extremely thin on the ground in midfield, yes, probably thinner than Fulham. We're ok for goalkeepers, though. Probably better than walsall.
    Agree with all this (except maybe with Faz being a tool, seems alright to me). We are frighteningly under resourced in midfield, end of.