Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 750 of 900

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

  1. #701

    Default

    So Wolves want Lemina for a year whilst the player they really want remains in France for a year after they sign him. Absolutely no chance they play Lemina enough to actually be forced to sign him when they've got a £35m player coming in next summer.

  2. #702

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Same source as before. Personal terms agreed, waiting on clubs to agree deal, Saints standing firm on a decent deal. Expect progress tomorrow as neither wants to go into final day.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Same source as before. Personal terms agreed, waiting on clubs to agree deal, Saints standing firm on a decent deal. Expect progress tomorrow as neither wants to go into final day.
    I’d take a lower fee if it gets him out permanently. Obligation after 30 games doesn’t do us any favours (unless he looks amazing for them). Not sure Nuno will put up with his bad games.

  4. #704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lallana's Left Peg View Post
    So Wolves want Lemina for a year whilst the player they really want remains in France for a year after they sign him. Absolutely no chance they play Lemina enough to actually be forced to sign him when they've got a £35m player coming in next summer.
    They'll be raided for Neves soon enough, and Moutinho isn't getting any younger.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

  5. #705

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    They'll be raided for Neves soon enough, and Moutinho isn't getting any younger.

    Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    And Wolves were very lucky with injuries last season. Mario will change that.

  6. #706

    Default

    Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on???

    https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...975973889?s=19

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...akary-soumare/

    Wolves after another central midfielder apparently...
    40 million Euros for a player out of contract in 12 months time AND they are loaning him back, that is some deal. They can literally wait 6 months and offer him terms to sign for free.

  8. #708

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,267
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    have to say Lemina has played this poorly

    It isn't even like we are asking for the world with him in terms of asking price yet he remains sidelined.

  9. #709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on???

    https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...975973889?s=19
    He'll need to back down, apologise, and come back raring to go.

    Unfortunately, and I don't want to say this in a disparaging way, but generally the Sub Saharan way is to earn as much as you can, chasing the paychecks. It's the culture they're brought up with when the talent is obviously there. This leads to situations like this - the only reason Mane didn't go mental was that we promised him a move the following Summer with a minimum set price we'd take.

  10. #710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on???

    https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...975973889?s=19
    No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.

    Big issue is reintegrating him into the squad after all his childish antics on Insta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Saint View Post
    No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.
    An obligation to buy at a set fee negates that.

  12. #712

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Saint View Post
    No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.

    Big issue is reintegrating him into the squad after all his childish antics on Insta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serious question - what childish antics? And unless he’s disrespectful do players take any notice?

  13. Default

    We need him to stay if we don’t get anyone else in. Almost every time he plays I think he stand out as one of the best players on the pitch. Yes he had a few stinkers but if he can stay fit he’s a real asset.

    He should be motivated to earn himself a bigger move next summer instead of going sideways now. He’s current record wasn’t enough to attract the biggest clubs which he should be well aware off by now.

  14. #714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toon Saint View Post
    No point in loaning him out without an obligation to buy. Any loan fee would unlikely cover the drop in value given he’d only have 2 years left on his contract next summer.

    Big issue is reintegrating him into the squad after all his childish antics on Insta.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What antics?

  15. #715

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Up where we belong
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    He'll need to back down, apologise, and come back raring to go.

    Unfortunately, and I don't want to say this in a disparaging way, but generally the Sub Saharan way is to earn as much as you can, chasing the paychecks. It's the culture they're brought up with when the talent is obviously there. This leads to situations like this - the only reason Mane didn't go mental was that we promised him a move the following Summer with a minimum set price we'd take.
    Sub Saharan?

  16. #716

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Up where we belong
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Box View Post
    Sub Saharan?
    Apologies, brain fart.

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    have to say Lemina has played this poorly

    It isn't even like we are asking for the world with him in terms of asking price yet he remains sidelined.
    He played one thing very badly, and that was that he only ever planned to be here for 2 years, and that those 2 years were up. I think too many football players listen to their agents and what they promise will happen. He best go and have a lemonade and have a serious think about his future. Move from Juve to Saints should have told him something, and that while he may be good, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on???

    https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...975973889?s=19
    FFS!

  19. #719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    He played one thing very badly, and that was that he only ever planned to be here for 2 years, and that those 2 years were up. I think too many football players listen to their agents and what they promise will happen. He best go and have a lemonade and have a serious think about his future. Move from Juve to Saints should have told him something, and that while he may be good, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.
    Indeed.

    Considering his performances over the last two years and injury record it is unlikely he was going to move up.

    I did look into it at one point but his injuries have actually coincided with when we have one a few games

  20. #720

    Default

    Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

    In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.

  21. #721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

    In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.
    I don't think it's true that it's more likely. It's just a personality trait.

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

    In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.
    There has been no lack of interest. Just that we are asking more than he’s worth today.

  23. #723

    Default

    Time to stop acting like a wet towel pull socks up give us a good season out yourself in the Window and then f off!

  24. #724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wonder what this does for Mario and his massive ego: great player that he is - in his own mind - yet the fact remains no one wants to buy him.

    In other walks of life this might be used as a motivation to redouble efforts to achieve your goal, in football though it's more likely to produce a massive sulk.
    I know in an ideal world we would sell Lemina for a reasonable fee and put the money towards a new CB. However, we would probably also need to sign another midfielder, even if just as a backup, as we seem to be a bit lightweight in that area when Romeu is injured (i.e. now) and inevitably suspended during the season.

    So IF this lack of interest in him does in fact give him a reality check and he doesn't sulk, are we actually better keeping him rather than loaning him out or selling in a cut-price deal? I know there's a lot of ifs there, but with just a couple of days left for something to happen, I'm wondering if a desperate sell will result in us actually being worse off than if he stays.

  25. #725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    I know in an ideal world we would sell Lemina for a reasonable fee and put the money towards a new CB. However, we would probably also need to sign another midfielder, even if just as a backup, as we seem to be a bit lightweight in that area when Romeu is injured (i.e. now) and inevitably suspended during the season.

    So IF this lack of interest in him does in fact give him a reality check and he doesn't sulk, are we actually better keeping him rather than loaning him out or selling in a cut-price deal? I know there's a lot of ifs there, but with just a couple of days left for something to happen, I'm wondering if a desperate sell will result in us actually being worse off than if he stays.
    But it's not as if we have much option to keep him. He's made it clear to the coaching staff that we wants to go whatever. Ralph has made it clear he only wants dedicated players and has not played him all pre season, and taken is place, locker etc in the dressing room.

  26. Default

    I think we've played this quite well. We've given him a fair chance to leave and if it doesnt happen then he'll have to come back and reintegrate

  27. #727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    An obligation to buy at a set fee negates that.
    Yes that’s why I said no point in loaning without one in place. Do keep up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. Default

    Hey Everton, we’ve got one for you at less than half the price.

    EVERTON GIVE UP ON DOUCOURE

    Everton have ended efforts to sign Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure.

    We understand the Toffees are now considering alternative targets after their second bid of £36.7m was turned down yesterday.

  29. #729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren2 View Post
    But it's not as if we have much option to keep him. He's made it clear to the coaching staff that we wants to go whatever. Ralph has made it clear he only wants dedicated players and has not played him all pre season, and taken is place, locker etc in the dressing room.
    But is that true? Presumably he wants to go to a team at least on par with us. I can't imagine he'd be too happy with a move to Sheffield United.

  30. #730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Where now Mario, now even Wolves have moved on???

    https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/...975973889?s=19
    is it likely that Wolves have said they are pulling out because they dont want to take the obligation to buy clause to try and call our bluff as the window counts down. I would expect they try and revive talks in the morning and break our resolve ?

  31. #731

    Default

    I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.

  32. #732

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsLoyal View Post
    I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.
    Well, clearly we won’t just accept anything as they’d be gone already.

  33. #733

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsLoyal View Post
    I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.

    I don’t think we’ve done anything wrong as such, it’s the players making this awkward.

    Lemina was probably told he would be allowed to move to a big club in two years but he obviously skipped the part about actually playing well enough for someone like Man Utd to be interested.

    If Austin wants to extend his pay cheques, sorry... playing career, beyond next May, he is going to want to spend the next 9 months playing football somewhere. Telling League 1 clubs you want £60k a week because you were an unused sub for England five years ago might not go down too well.

  34. #734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsLoyal View Post
    I think the stance of putting both Lemina and Austin publically out the door in such a way has decreaed their value and we will take anything.
    of course it has, we have publicly showed our desperation to sell before we can buy. I bet you we will have various shyte offers late in the day to and we will be faced with having lemina and austin on full wages on the books for another 12 months or we let them go at 4pm tomorrow at 50% of wages. Wolves no it and hold the cards up right now.

    I dont think we will sign anyone else now.

  35. #735

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hidden behind enemy lines
    Posts
    11,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    of course it has, we have publicly showed our desperation to sell before we can buy. I bet you we will have various shyte offers late in the day to and we will be faced with having lemina and austin on full wages on the books for another 12 months or we let them go at 4pm tomorrow at 50% of wages. Wolves no it and hold the cards up right now.

    I dont think we will sign anyone else now.
    No, we do. He’s under contract until such time we get an offer we consider worth our time.

    It’s one thing to let a player go when someone is offering £75m, it’s quite another for a player to say, "please can you loan me out to one of your rivals and pay half my wages whilst doing so, ta."

    If we don’t get an offer we want, then Mario can deal with it. Either he gets his head down or trains with the U23s.

  36. #736

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wild-saint View Post
    of course it has, we have publicly showed our desperation to sell before we can buy. I bet you we will have various shyte offers late in the day to and we will be faced with having lemina and austin on full wages on the books for another 12 months or we let them go at 4pm tomorrow at 50% of wages. Wolves no it and hold the cards up right now.

    I dont think we will sign anyone else now.
    Don’t you think that, whether we made it public or not, their Agents would not be saying to the world that Saints are happy to be rid just make a low ball offer?

  37. #737

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South West France
    Posts
    661

    Default

    If he doesn't het the move he is after it is down to him. The best way to get a move to a big club is to consistentl play like a big club player, not up and down.

    Hopefully he we realise this and play like Palce Away Lemina all year to get his dream move !

  38. #738

    Default

    When you make it known publically and even puyt fake news in the media ala 'Man United interested' you will not get the deal you want.

    Unless there has been severe issues and (i dont think there has been) both austin and lemina should of carried on training the same like Hoedt, Elyounoussi, Boufal etc

  39. #739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintadam View Post
    There has been no lack of interest. Just that we are asking more than he’s worth today.
    The only interest appears to have been as a back up option in case another deal doesn't come off.

  40. Default

    Hoping, if he doesn't go, he can pick up like Morgan did after his tantrum re 6 years ruined in 2 hours.

  41. #741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    No, we do. He’s under contract until such time we get an offer we consider worth our time.

    It’s one thing to let a player go when someone is offering £75m, it’s quite another for a player to say, "please can you loan me out to one of your rivals and pay half my wages whilst doing so, ta."

    If we don’t get an offer we want, then Mario can deal with it. Either he gets his head down or trains with the U23s.
    Exactly this

  42. #742

    Default

    Leminade's ego must be taking one hell of a beating. At least the other defector's had moves lined up when they threw a tantrum, this guy thought that by planting fake news about Arsenal and Man Utd he would have big clubs queuing up for him. Instead all he got is a Wolves loan deal that has fallen through because neither us nor Wolves want to be stuck with him beyond next summer. It's pathetic.

  43. #743

    Default

    Perhaps he ought to give Berahino a call to discuss how to ruin a career:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48416456

  44. #744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Leminade's ego must be taking one hell of a beating. At least the other defector's had moves lined up when they threw a tantrum, this guy thought that by planting fake news about Arsenal and Man Utd he would have big clubs queuing up for him. Instead all he got is a Wolves loan deal that has fallen through because neither us nor Wolves want to be stuck with him beyond next summer. It's pathetic.
    Haha I think the hashtag will be #bitterlikeleminade tomorrow evening. ‘Oooh someone sign me’. Pathetic.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. Default

    Sam Wallace just casually dropped in that Roma & Sevilla have shown most interest from abroad...

    Sam Wallace: Southampton forward Nathan Redmond has signed a new four-year deal at the club that represents Saints' most important contract renegotiation of the summer.

    There has been a major refresh and restructure of the squad this close season by manager Ralph Hasenhuttl and director of football operations Ross Wilson, and keeping Redmond was central to that strategy. The 25-year-old has been used extensively by Hasenhuttl since his arrival in December and his performances for Saints earned him his first senior England cap in May. Securing the long-term future of Redmond, who is going into his fourth season at the club, is crucial to Southampton’s new high-energy, youthful approach under Hasenhuttl.

    Both Michael Obafemi, 19, and Yan Valery, 20, brought to the academy in their late teens and now first team players, have signed new deals this year.

    Barring a late intervention today, Mario Lemina is now likely to leave for a European club before the Sept 2 deadline. The former Juventus midfielder has been the subject of interest from Wolves this transfer window, as well as Arsenal. Saints are looking for a permanent move for him, or at the very least a loan with an obligation to buy later. Roma and Sevilla have shown the greatest interest in the 25-year-old. Charlie Austin is in talks with West Bromwich Albion.

  46. #746

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Perhaps he ought to give Berahino a call to discuss how to ruin a career:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48416456
    Glen Johnson just been slagging him right off on talksport !

  47. #747

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Glen Johnson just been slagging him right off on talksport !
    Been listening also - real refreshing stuff from Johnson. You would hope that there are not too many Berahinos' out there - but then again, who knows?

  48. Default

    Birmingham Mail says that Wolves still interested in Lemina (loan only) and that he hopes it can happen.

  49. #749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashby Saint View Post
    Birmingham Mail says that Wolves still interested in Lemina (loan only) and that he hopes it can happen.
    Wolves have supposedly had a bid for Franck Kessie accepted from AC Milan...

  50. Default

    Any news on Mario et al - all seems quiet on this front.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •