Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Reported fees look too low, if we are selling for as low as £18 million it should be out of the league IMO.

The likes of Utd, Arsenal etc. should be paying upwards of £30 million, with some healthy sell on clauses. Today's £30 million is basically £15 million of two years ago pretty much.

Good player but inconsistent, not a major loss really seeing as he was a squad player last year but would have liked to see what Ralph could have got out of him.
    I agree to a point - however if we are selling to Utd or Arsenal, especially if we get a swap deal included (say £18m + Player) then I would prefer that to selling to an Everton or Leicester for £25m

2. Default ďThereís no turning backĒ

On Tuesday, The Times reported Mario Lemina has been given permission to speak to Manchester United, ahead of a possible transfer to Old Trafford.

The claims of interest have been widespread, and it seems Southampton arenít against selling the midfielder.

Joining Southampton from Juventus in 2017, Lemina settled in relatively quickly but last season wasnít able to get the regularity he wanted. Injuries were one issue, however, it seems clear that hasnít been the only problem, given his desire to leave the club this summer.

The 25 year old has now spoken to France Football about his situation. He didnít mentione Manchester United or any other potential destination directly, but made it clear heís on the exit ramp at Southampton.

Asked why heís not been at the clubís preseason training, Lemina said: ďI am physically preparing myself at the training centre, with a few other players including Charlie Austin and Jordy Clasie. I did not accompany the team in training in agreement with the coach. He wants to build his group with the players who want to stay at the club, so he left me out. As early as last year, I had set my conditions: I wanted to go elsewhere this summer. I was also very frustrated by my injury that lasted four months, so I really want to discover something else.Ē

The desire to leave the Saints is one which heís had since joining, it all being part of a plan to take a further step in his career: ďI had just decided to go to Southampton for two years, and see if I could take another step. We had agreed with the sports director. The injury arrived late December, it slowed me down, itís a shame, but I do not want to go further with Southampton. I prefer that we stay on good terms, faithful to what we said.Ē

That suggests this may have been known by all parties right from the start.

Given his recent injury problems, Lemina was asked if itís a risky time to move right now: ďIím not afraid, I made a choice and I take it to the end. I stand by my plan, I decided to tell the leaders that I wanted to leave, there is no turning back. There is a risk, of course, but I know what Iím capable of, Iím 100% and Iím going to prove that I can get back to my best. Some clubs may be more cautious, but they already know me. Today I am fully recovered, I worked a lot. I am ready to move on. The pubalgia (sports hernia) is a very hard to handle injury, which requires a lot of work. I did it and now Iím doing very well physically.Ē

The midfielder believes staying in the Premier League is the right step for him now, which would favour Manchester United interest, and he said: ďI aspire to play in the biggest clubs, now we will see what is proposed. I had chosen to leave Juventus for Southampton to have more playing time, I got it. I made a good impression in England, I had good returns at a certain time, so I hope clubs will not have a short memory (laughs).Ē

And how about Champions League football, is that essential? Well, no, not according to the player himself: ďItís a bonus. If I have the opportunity to play this season, why not, but Iím really trying to regain consistency, become an important player in a team with high goals. I need to play! Thatís really my priority. I want to show everyone what I can do.Ē
    Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/theres-no-...eaks-transfer/

Good interview. Seems that it was agreed a while back he'd be off, and I've no problem with that. Only issue I have is that post injury he could be absolutely class for us, but the situation doesn't look like it will allow us to see that this season.

Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Uncle Les' touch of death all over this. Signing players on a promise that they'll be sold once they've served a fraction of their sentence is no way to build a committed squad.

Yes, we all know Saints aren't most players' ideal final destination, and if they've got any ambition (and ability) they'll just be passing through. But if they don't even have to earn that upgrade through the strength of their performances because we've agreed to help them out the door after a set period regardless, what incentive is there for anyone to give two hoots about fighting for the club when the chips are down (as they most certainly have been for two years)?

That's partly why we've struggled so badly. When the going got tough, half our squad got on the phone to their agents and tried to get going.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post
    Uncle Les' touch of death all over this. Signing players on a promise that they'll be sold once they've served a fraction of their sentence is no way to build a committed squad.

Yes, we all know Saints aren't most players' ideal final destination, and if they've got any ambition (and ability) they'll just be passing through. But if they don't even have to earn that upgrade through the strength of their performances because we've agreed to help them out the door after a set period regardless, what incentive is there for anyone to give two hoots about fighting for the club when the chips are down (as they most certainly have been for two years)?

That's partly why we've struggled so badly. When the going got tough, half our squad got on the phone to their agents and tried to get going.

Disagree.

They still have to show the talent to get the upgrade or no one will want them. If he ends up at Man U then good for him. If no big club is interested then he might end up knocking around on loan at some middling European club, which isn’t what he wants. Had we actually been anything other than ****e for the last two years he might be asking to stay.

I prefer this sort of arrangement to a Van **** situation where we give a great big new contract and the player still acts like a **** straight away.

It’s better for everyone if expectations are clear.

"I was also very frustrated by my injury that lasted four months."

So were we.

Ah well, at least he's showing the reason why we no longer want him around the squad with all these interviews. Usually players leave it for the international breaks to express their want to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Disagree.

They still have to show the talent to get the upgrade or no one will want them. If he ends up at Man U then good for him. If no big club is interested then he might end up knocking around on loan at some middling European club, which isn’t what he wants. Had we actually been anything other than ****e for the last two years he might be asking to stay.

I prefer this sort of arrangement to a Van **** situation where we give a great big new contract and the player still acts like a **** straight away.

It’s better for everyone if expectations are clear.
    100% this. If we end up with players who have the potential to be too good for us, coming willingly knowing they have to perform well to get the move they really want, but also knowing that move won't be blocked (so they remain committed, positive and not a disruptive force) we will be a lot better off for it.

All players will think they can go on to better things - we probably don't want the ones who just want to settle somewhere comfortable - so as long as we maintain a continual pipeline of them, buy well, sell better, it's a sound model for a club our size.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by edprice1984 View Post
    I agree to a point - however if we are selling to Utd or Arsenal, especially if we get a swap deal included (say £18m + Player) then I would prefer that to selling to an Everton or Leicester for £25m
    Not sure we want any Arsenal or Man Utd cast offs.

These are two teams that just about stumbled into the top 6, almost falling over themselves to see who could bottle it the most, they are probably the two most likely candidates this year from the top 6 who might end up outside it. I just can't see many players that didn't get into those two teams who would improve us?

Talk of Elneny being offered, does he improve us?

Honestly unless it was one of their promising youngsters like Reiss Nelson (which seems unlikely) I think we are better off extracting as much cash as we can from these clubs.

I am hoping for far more than £18 million, that would be a joke to be honest.

Blog Entries

These are two teams that just about stumbled into the top 6, almost falling over themselves to see who could bottle it the most, they are probably the two most likely candidates this year from the top 6 who might end up outside it. I just can't see many players that didn't get into those two teams who would improve us?

Honestly unless it was one of their promising youngsters like Reiss Nelson (which seems unlikely) I think we are better off extracting as much cash as we can from these clubs.

What do you mean stumble into the top 6? Both made the top 6 comfortably and narrowly missed the CL places.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    What do you mean stumble into the top 6? Both made the top 6 comfortably and narrowly missed the CL places.
    But they were definitely stumbling at the end of the season. United didn't win any of their last 4 games when they were playing 2 of the relegated teams. Arsenal won just 1 of their last 5.

There is no way we will get more than £18m for him even in the current market.

The player has talent, he's showed that on 4-5 occasions for us but his attitude to the application of that talent is the issue.

Bigger clubs are taking a punt on him, lets be honest. They're hoping that at a bigger club surrounded by better players he'll put in the performances he's capable of week in and week out.

At £15m-18m he's a risk that bigger clubs can afford to take, we cant afford to sit on a £15m asset hoping that out of no where he starts to apply himself when in the last 2 years he's not shown us many signs he's willing to do that here.

We cant price him out of a move by demanding £25-£30m knowing that big clubs are taking a punt on the basis he might turn into the £60m player, those big clubs wont take the risk at £25-£30m but they will at £15-£18

I fully expect his stomach injury to get miraculously better from now on in

Loads of clubs are in for him.
    I hope we don’t bottle it and sell him on the cheap.

If Targett s transfer is an example, we should be at least demanding 30 million for Lemina.

Blog Entries

well okay then- let's hold out for at least £23m then (couple of posts ago I wanted at least £30m!)- and put on some bonus clauses then- how about extra £3m if his new team qualify for CL within 2 years, and an extra £5m if he reaches 50 apps with said new club.

because I still think he has 3 years left, he is better than that price tag and anyone getting him for £20m or less will have got a bargain in my opinion in this day and age, despite his fitness issues.

We’ll be well rid of him.

Not the sort of character i’d want in my dressing room.

Deluded w@nker.

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    It was hernia... hth

At least now your recurring prediction of he being sold is coming true even if it is months old

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    100% this. If we end up with players who have the potential to be too good for us, coming willingly knowing they have to perform well to get the move they really want, but also knowing that move won't be blocked (so they remain committed, positive and not a disruptive force) we will be a lot better off for it.

All players will think they can go on to better things - we probably don't want the ones who just want to settle somewhere comfortable - so as long as we maintain a continual pipeline of them, buy well, sell better, it's a sound model for a club our size.
    Exacly, we have signed some players that don't fit in this bracket recently, and nearly got relegated two season running

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    We’ll be well rid of him.

Not the sort of character i’d want in my dressing room.

Deluded w@nker.
    Just out of interest, how is he deluded?

As somebody who was at West Brom and at Wembley I have probably seen the best and the worst of him. Over the course of the games that I have seen him in, he is probably a median of those two games to be honest. Quite surprised that United are taking an interest to be honest, but if they can get him playing at the top end of his game consistently anything around the 20 million mark would be good business for them.
    Shame that he wants to move on, I was a fan, but I wish him no ill will, and it seems to be mutually agreed within the club as well.

News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly, at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    News of "verbal commitments" is always concerning. Whilst he's not worked out brilliantly, at the outset I did wonder how we got him here from Juventus and a Champions League final (substitutes) appearance. Maybe the verbal agreement was to get him here for a couple of years so he could attract bigger PL clubs and with that came a sense we wouldn't place an unrealistically high price tag on his head, which we are now honouring? Pure conjecture from me, and rather daft if so, but I bet it happens in some deals...
    It was how Reid ran us.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyell View Post

Well said that man................theres no club loyalty for smaller clubs like ourselves nowadays, too much money for the decent thing to happen and stay and just enjoy the surroundings of such family orientated clubs and become a legend .

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Just out of interest, how is he deluded?
    Thinks he’s a lot better than he is.

24. Default

Would you prefer players think they are worse than they are?

Since when has confidence become a bad trait?

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    As somebody who was at West Brom and at Wembley I have probably seen the best and the worst of him. Over the course of the games that I have seen him in, he is probably a median of those two games to be honest. Quite surprised that United are taking an interest to be honest, but if they can get him playing at the top end of his game consistently anything around the 20 million mark would be good business for them.
    Shame that he wants to move on, I was a fan, but I wish him no ill will, and it seems to be mutually agreed within the club as well.
    I thought it strange that on the biggest stage - Wembley - he was totally anonymous.

Never been a fan of his myself. Yes he had a handful of good games but application has always been in question. 46 games in two season the most he as ever made at any one club. Juve pulled our pants down getting as much as they did. If we can get away with anything near or slightly short what we paid then I wouldn't be upset atall. I dont know he may go on to be fantastic and win titles medals galore but I don't think so.

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by K,Billy's supersound View Post
    Never been a fan of his myself. Yes he had a handful of good games but application has always been in question. 46 games in two season the most he as ever made at any one club. Juve pulled our pants down getting as much as they did. If we can get away with anything near or slightly short what we paid then I wouldn't be upset atall. I dont know he may go on to be fantastic and win titles medals galore but I don't think so.
    Any idea if the money would spread to both a replacement AND a centre-back?

'The desire to leave the Saints is one which he’s had since joining.' Nice
    Great research into the mentality of our players signing!
    He seems a mood playerand if Utd get him they will have another moody player who plays ok when it suits.

Was just wondering where you'd both been this Summer! Got any ideas about intentions to reinvest and where abouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Matty 76 View Post
    Was just wondering where you'd both been this Summer! Got any ideas about intentions to reinvest and where abouts?
    Probably reluctant to post on here because as soon as he does he's inundated with questions.

He was never one of my first choice players. As far as I am concerned he was another Boufal. He had bags of skill but no idea how to consistently apply it. He was also lazy, and disappeared from games for periods. He used to drive me mad dribbling down blind alleys and losing the ball after ignoring players making runs or finding space. Not for me I'm afraid, just get our money back and bring in a Hasenhuttl type replacement that gives everything. The money will be useful.

Sorry if it's been mentioned but he's posted a highlights reel of himself on twitter. Tbf he nearly looks as good as Steve De Ridder did, sadly just the two goals to show for it. Still at least he's putting some effort in to sell himself.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/LeminaM_13/statu...754444805?s=09

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

34. Default

What a massive c**k

Quote Originally Posted by washsaint View Post
    What a massive c**k
    Tbf, if I had one Iíd be a bragging **** too.......

I feel used by this **** ..............two year wages to fix his long term injury......few decent performances ......you watch him being world class when he leaves.

we should accept nothing less than what we paid for plus 20 pc plus two years wages that he robbed

Heís done nothing for us. Did nothing for Juventus and wherever he goes heíll do nothing for them. No loss. But 18m is way too cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with most players these days is.....their agents.
    Agents make most cash when their players move clubs/sign contract extensions. Hence the odious Mino Raiola with Pogba, and I’m sure Lemina’s agent too is adding fuel to the move fire.
    Agents are the parasites making massive livings off of football. Scum. The lot of them ��

39. Default

Utd to bid for Longstaff?

Sky sources understand there were high-level talks last weekend between Manchester United and Newcastle United about Sean Longstaff.

Newcastle will not confirm that there were talks but we understand Newcastle are categorically not interested in selling Longstaff and see him as a big part of their future plans.

We are told United have not made an official bid yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    In fairness he did have an operation on it, so I suspect it was real.

I don't mind him moving on after 2 years if that was the agreement he had with the club (which it appears to be). But that was with the tacit understanding that he'd give 2 good years of service to Saints. But he didn't. He missed a large chunk due to the injury, while receiving wages and treatment by the club. So I don't think it's unreasonable to repay that and give one more (hopefully injury-fee) year for us before moving on (at presumably a much higher price if he performs well next season).

This and Derryís post. Let MUFC subsidise his wages and he can pretend on Instagram whilst mugging them off. Donít mind players moving onto to top clubs if they excel after two years but this guy has been a rank sicknote, two good starts v CP and WBA and a couple of cameos, a few cameos if Iím being really generous.

RH has a proper CM with some energy who can do 40+ games a season lined up I reckon so get our money back and another of loopy Lesís Laurel and Hardy transfer dealings and contract extensions out of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Would you prefer players think they are worse than they are?

Since when has confidence become a bad trait?
    Thinks he’s too good for the club. That’s not confidence, it’s delusional. He’s really not all that.

Not sure why he wants to be Pogbas understudy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL @ the highlights reel he nicked from United daily with half the clips speeded up.
    Good riddance to a gash player IMO.

If United ans Arsenal are interested, I'd say he's correct to have that attitude, wouldn't you?

Not too bothered about him going, trust Ralph to identify a decent replacement, but should be looking for a minimum of £25m (plus a % add on).

47. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not too bothered about him going, trust Ralph to identify a decent replacement, but should be looking for a minimum of £25m (plus a % add on).
    The echo & even K,Billy have mentioned about getting our money back. Not sure we’d get £25m.

Whether we should or not is another matter, but we need the cash.

If its Arsenal, the CB/DM Krystian Bielik had good reviews last season at Charlton and in the U21's this summer.

But agree £15 - £18m is underselling the player in Les Reed proportions.

49. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Plumstead_Saint View Post
    LOL @ the highlights reel he nicked from United daily with half the clips speeded up.
    Good riddance to a gash player IMO.
    Embarrassing that they had to speed up the clips. Why on earth would you do that, it’s not Benny Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    The echo & even K,Billy have mentioned about getting our money back. Not sure we’d get £25m.

Whether we should or not is another matter, but we need the cash.
    Doubt that the extra £10m would make Man U or Arsenal blink if they want the player and think he could do the business for them. Utd are likely to sell Pogba for in excess of £100m, it's almost loose change to them.