Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Battling relegation in the Premier League to... Battling relegation in Ligue 1 in a stadium of 18,000.

Not quite the sporting step-up I imagine his ego was thinking of.

They won the league two years ago and reached the champions league semi finals.

Don't let a season in the doldrums detract from the fact that they're one of the best clubs in France who'll be back competing at the top soon enough.

Quite a nice place to live, I presume, too.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Talk of a loan with 20m euro obligation to buy.

I m ok with that because it relieves the wage bill and will allow us to streghen in Jan or next summer.

Sell Carrillo on permanent too and we are laughing!

And by the time that obligation to pay comes around we'll be on parity with the Euro anyway, so it'll be £20m.

Exactly what I thought. Look at my past posts, I can be sceptical but then yeah, a la Josh Sims. We'll see what happens. Boufal wants to go to Nice, again, we'll see what happens.

Talking of Nice, Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed the takeover of OGC Nice today. Shame he didn’t buy us Saints as he could attend a match and drive home within 30 minutes to his home in The New Forest.

Talking of Nice, Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed the takeover of OGC Nice today. Shame he didn’t buy us Saints as he could attend a match and drive home within 30 minutes to his home in The New Forest.

Nice is even closer to his home in Monaco.

Perhaps he thinks £90m is better value than the £250m it would cost to buy Saints?

Echo saying Roma & Lyon interested...

Monaco only want an obligation to buy if they finish at a certain level in the table.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17854841.southampton-midfielder-mario-lemina-looking-new-club/

Roma maybe, don't see the OL being in anyway interested in Lemina though, their poor relations down the road at St Etienne perhaps.

I know Lemina wants to leave and it reduces some big wages - but does anybody else think that'll leave us a little light in midfield and short on quality there. PEH, Ward-Prowse, and Romeu. Then arguable Slattery and Armstrong as more attacking central options. PEH is just as inconsistent as Lemina.

Unpopular opinion on here: how about we tell Lemina to stick it a move and tell him to play out of his skin for the season.

We would add much needed depth in center midfield.

We also just loaned out forster and with El Younoussi and Carrillo also set to leave, do we really need to save those wages to the point of being weak in center mid?

We hold all the cards not him.

Unpopular opinion on here: how about we tell Lemina to stick it a move and tell him to play out of his skin for the season.

We would add much needed depth in center midfield.

We also just loaned out forster and with El Younoussi and Carrillo also set to leave, do we really need to save those wages to the point of being weak in center mid?

We hold all the cards not him.

Hasn't he refused to play for us again though? I know RH doesn't like his attitude at all so it's doubtful that will change

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hasn't he refused to play for us again though? I know RH doesn't like his attitude at all so it's doubtful that will change

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No, he just said that when he signed it was agreed that he would move after 2 seasons.

It's not his attitude to work in training that is the problem, it is his commitment to the team.

His instagram story yesterday showed him watching our game with caption something like 'come on boys' - I don't think he's played his last game in a Saints shirt, I think he'll be reintegrated into the team personally, and we could probably do with it. Lemina at 100% is a great asset to a team of our ability, just that we haven't seen it enough.

His instagram story yesterday showed him watching our game with caption something like 'come on boys' - I don't think he's played his last game in a Saints shirt, I think he'll be reintegrated into the team personally, and we could probably do with it. Lemina at 100% is a great asset to a team of our ability, just that we haven't seen it enough.

Agree.

Can see this happening now Forster our and Moi/Carrillo about to be. Lemina can’t get a move he wants and we are light in CM. If he actually shows up and puts a few games together he would hotter property and nearer the top of January shortlists. Let’s face it, the CM area needs the mobility that the the rest of the squad has had added. JWP and PEH haven’t got going yet this year, Romeu does a decent job but is never going to be box to box.

It’s bad enough when players who’ve performed demand moves. But when a bloke who has had a couple of good games, but mainly done **** all does it, it grates. Shame senior pros don’t chin ******s in the modern game. Someone needs to give him a right hook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://sportwitness.co.uk/director-flying-england-week-southampton-player-offer-accepted/

Sounds like he's off to Besiktas. Hardly the dream move that he thought he was worth...

"Due to his issues with the Saints manager Ralph Hassenhüttl, Lemina hasn’t played for the Saints so far this season and an exit seems inevitable at this stage."... what are these "issues" he has with RH that they're talking about?

Exactly, what are these issues?? It seems (which of course could be totally wrong), he had too much Leminade one night and said that he'd done his 2 years and wanted to leave and move onwards & upwards, to which the club/manager seems to have acquiesced to (provided that it was at the right price - which is only fair given the outlay to acquire and keep him). That no one "upwards" wanted him, as the fault of his ego. I don't know, maybe clubs see this behaviour from a player who has hardly set the world on fire, and say "nah, too much hassle unless it's dirt cheap" which financially SFC cannot really accept.

Exactly, what are these issues?? It seems (which of course could be totally wrong), he had too much Leminade one night and said that he'd done his 2 years and wanted to leave and move onwards & upwards, to which the club/manager seems to have acquiesced to (provided that it was at the right price - which is only fair given the outlay to acquire and keep him). That no one "upwards" wanted him, as the fault of his ego. I don't know, maybe clubs see this behaviour from a player who has hardly set the world on fire, and say "nah, too much hassle unless it's dirt cheap" which financially SFC cannot really accept.
When clubs know he is unwanted and not even training with the squad, it puts them firmly in the driving seat.

Saints want a perm deal.

Clubs know we just want to get rid of him, so know in the end we will accept a ****y loan.

Incoming: ****y loan.

Ditto: Elyounoussi, Carrillo

It's kind of backfired on him hasn't it. He clearly thought he would be in much greater demand, but the lack of interest from the bigger clubs he was hoping to impress speaks volumes. It's been reported that he was told we would let him leave after two years, but I rather suspect it was more a case of "if you perform well and a big club comes in for you then after two years we won't stand in your way", rather than giving him any cast iron promises of any move at that time.

The way I see it, he now has two options. He can either cut his losses and accept a sideways (at best) move to a club like Besiktas, provided the club accept their offer of course, or he can buckle down and put in the required effort this season with us to earn a much more glamorous and lucrative offer next summer. Personally, I think he would be stupid to do anything other than the latter. Given his obvious talent and our lack of quality and depth in his position, it really wouldn't take much for him to force his way into our first team and become a regular starter. And if he can do that, and make his good performances the norm rather than the exception, then he will have a glut of offers much better than Besiktas come the end of the season.

When clubs know he is unwanted and not even training with the squad, it puts them firmly in the driving seat.

Saints want a perm deal.

Clubs know we just want to get rid of him, so know in the end we will accept a ****y loan.

Incoming: ****y loan.

Ditto: Elyounoussi, Carrillo

Yes, but the player also has to agree to it. So he might not fancy, for example, some Russian or Turkish club. Given that he is overly ambitious, maybe this too is an issue.

Probably, then again Lemina is not a particularly desirable acquisiton and we're probably asking for too much. Chelsea will no doubt be subsidising Bakayoko and Monaco won't buy him at the end of his loan there.

The situation has been handled badly, to publically list players you want 'out' just sees no interest, until the final hours of play and not on the terms you want.

I thought it was he that said in the Press he was leaving and that he had no intention (Or never had intention) of staying

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice