Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

1. Default

We really do get bitter when a player wants out.

Why do we do this with so many departing players? Even poor Fonte couldn't escape the bitterness.

Lemina is quality. If he wants to play for a bigger club then fair play. If he stays - brilliant.

Either way all the nonsense and non substantial BS posted about him is just pure bitterness and makes us look a proper muggy bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Why do we do this with so many departing players? Even poor Fonte couldn't escape the bitterness.

Lemina is quality. If he wants to play for a bigger club then fair play. If he stays - brilliant.

Either way all the nonsense and non substantial BS posted about him is just pure bitterness and makes us look a proper muggy bunch
    Trying to, but cannot disagree with the above.

This

If he wants to go so be it. But why on earth are Southampton happy to just recoup the £15m outlay from 2 years a go? What about his £m in wages? And why sell so cheap when Tyrone Mings is £25-30m 🙄

Ok, apart from Palace and WBA away under the nervous wreck, and cameos v Man U and Newcastle last season, how many times have you seen genuine Ďqualityí performances from Lemina? Not a lot for 50-odd appearances is it? Also one of the highest earners.

Weíve also seen some dreadful displays such as W Ham away. Granted, he joined a mess with the nervous wreck and the past it 80s star, but RH has sound judgement, no mug at all, and reckons we can do better. Most of the fans would agree with RH.

The guy does have flashes of quality as evidenced by being at Juventus but then so did Augustin Delgado. His track record of stringing long spells of playing together is not good. Man U can afford a one game in and three games out type with a nice trick, we canít, we need players with pace and energy who can sustain 30+ games a season.

If Lemina goes there, and the only quibble is the lower fee, and can be bothered, it is unlikely the player would have put that level of focus in here. Personally I think RH may have a CM target he wants and any shortfall on the fee might be compensated for a few times over if RH gets a hungry replacement who does well. Plus their wages will be lower so adding that into the equation. Anyone that plays frankly is an improvement. Any chance to bin off a post 2016 Les Reed signing without losing money is well worth taking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Billy View Post
    Really!, he looked great when he first arrived but went off the boil and has stayed there. I certainly have never seen anything to suggest he could single handedly dominate a match. Agree he has ability but he has fallen well short of his potential, best to ofload whilst there is interest.
    You obviously didn't watch Crystal Palace away or West Brom away then because that's exactly what he did in those matches.

When a player is capable of that level I am always disappointed to see them move on, knowing that they will probably produce it more often somewhere else (like Mane did, even though he was good more often than Lemina has been).

That being said, if we get a decent fee (i.e. not £15m, he is much better than Targett...), have identified a quality centre back and a decent CM (i.e. good enough to be in rotation or back up) to spend the money on, Hasenhuttl doesn't see Lemina in his plans and Lemina doesn't want to be here, then it makes sense to sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy Dave View Post
    If he wants to go so be it. But why on earth are Southampton happy to just recoup the £15m outlay from 2 years a go? What about his £m in wages? And why sell so cheap when Tyrone Mings is £25-30m ��
    Ming’s was worth 25m to villa because he did so well for them. Nobody else was going to pay near that.
    Same way saints got stitched up for saganowski back in the day
    There’s a good article on foo5ball365 about exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfahaji View Post
    You obviously didn't watch Crystal Palace away or West Brom away then because that's exactly what he did in those matches.

When a player is capable of that level I am always disappointed to see them move on, knowing that they will probably produce it more often somewhere else (like Mane did, even though he was good more often than Lemina has been).

That being said, if we get a decent fee (i.e. not £15m, he is much better than Targett...), have identified a quality centre back and a decent CM (i.e. good enough to be in rotation or back up) to spend the money on, Hasenhuttl doesn't see Lemina in his plans and Lemina doesn't want to be here, then it makes sense to sell him.
    Palace AND West Brom? Those are some credentials. Let’s face it, he’s done zilch in RH’s tenure to date and it appears he’s happy for him to depart.

its strange. He has done very little at saints but clearly has the tools to do it at the top.
    Wont be missed, but will be at the same time.
    If we get £25m+, can't complain really

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    its strange. He has done very little at saints but clearly has the tools to do it at the top.
    Wont be missed, but will be at the same time.
    If we get £25m+, can't complain really
    Heís obviously a really good player. The truth is heís only really shown it on a few occasions for saints. You look at his history and heís only played more than 25 games twice in a season one of those was for us. Heís 26 in a few weeks some coming into his prime. He could go on to a bigger club like arsenal or united and be a real success and all the helmets on here will be bemoaning our lack of ambition for not keeping him or equally he could carry on like the last 6 years of his career where he plays 50% of matches a season and plays at the top of his ability in 5% of those. Either way he isnít what we need and we arenít what he needs, good luck to him at his next club, I hope he fulfills his undoubted ability but I have a feeling he wonít.

Sad he never worked out here.

Has the ability but also thinks he is a fashion designer and influencer and not a footballer.

Itís probably the worst thing about modern football.

Clowns like Pogba, Neymar etc that have one great game against a bunch of clowns and think they are Kim Kardashian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    He’s obviously a really good player. The truth is he’s only really shown it on a few occasions for saints. You look at his history and he’s only played more than 25 games twice in a season one of those was for us. He’s 26 in a few weeks some coming into his prime. He could go on to a bigger club like arsenal or united and be a real success and all the helmets on here will be bemoaning our lack of ambition for not keeping him or equally he could carry on like the last 6 years of his career where he plays 50% of matches a season and plays at the top of his ability in 5% of those. Either way he isn’t what we need and we aren’t what he needs, good luck to him at his next club, I hope he fulfills his undoubted ability but I have a feeling he won’t.
    agree. but deffo worth 20-25 mill (and i've suspected he's wanted out for over a year, as many of you know...)

20+ million take the money and run...

I can see us going for Phillips of Leeds if this goes through...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Sad he never worked out here.

Has the ability but also thinks he is a fashion designer and influencer and not a footballer.

Itís probably the worst thing about modern football.

Clowns like Pogba, Neymar etc that have one great game against a bunch of clowns and think they are Kim Kardashian.

Blimey. Didnít ever think Iíd agree with any thing you typed, but there it is.

Nail. Head.

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    It'd be nice but I can't see them lowering their £30m valuation too much, especially considering they'll be getting money in from Jansson/Roofe as well.

Would be disappointed if we sold him to Leicester and I believe we’ll be competing with them next season (will probably come up just short though)

Yes - I remember the Crystal Palace match especially fondly. A few mates up here who support Palace and commented how he was the best player they'd seen that season.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Would be disappointed if we sold him to Leicester and I believe we’ll be competing with them next season (will probably come up just short though)
    Leicester will be some way above us this season IMHO

Blog Entries

it is slightly disheeartening to hear a player who is on good wages for a club our size who has 3 years left to come out with soundbites such as the one he has

Quote Originally Posted by DT View Post
    Leicester will be some way above us this season IMHO
    If all of your predictions were correct then weíd be coming some way short of Pompey next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    it is slightly disheeartening to hear a player who is on good wages for a club our size who has 3 years left to come out with soundbites such as the one he has
    I haven't seen anything particularly bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    I get the impression he was back up option for then instead of Tielemans. By the same token, Lemina is Utd’s option as Tielemans opted for Leicester.

£18m? What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Seems fine. Hopefully we can get it sorted quickly.

27. Default

£18m

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    Wouldn’t the Lemina fee go primarily towards a centre-back?

Imagine cash for a Lemina replacement somehow needs to come from a fringe-player sale whip-round.

Him and another will be gone by end of week.

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    If all of your predictions were correct then we’d be coming some way short of Pompey next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Wouldn’t the Lemina fee go primarily towards a centre-back?

Imagine cash for a Lemina replacement somehow needs to come from a fringe-player sale whip-round.
    Midfield is a bigger priority

I get the impression we want to overhaul the squad but can't afford to, especially as we have loads of ****e we are still paying transfer installments for.

Lemina, like Targett probably wasnt on the list of priority sales but fell into the category of being capable of attracting sizeable bids and not being a totally key player.

Therefore, they are sacrificial lambs because we can't sell the mountain goats like Carrillo and Hoedt so will either loan them out at a huge loss or keep them.

At this stage we have about 10 outs to do in a month and how close we get to all 10 being sold will directly impact incomings.

33. Default

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    I get the impression we want to overhaul the squad but can't afford to, especially as we have loads of ****e we are still paying transfer installments for.

Lemina, like Targett probably wasnt on the list of priority sales but fell into the category of being capable of attracting sizeable bids and not being a totally key player.

Therefore, they are sacrificial lambs because we can't sell the mountain goats like Carrillo and Hoedt so will either loan them out at a huge loss or keep them.

At this stage we have about 10 outs to do in a month and how close we get to all 10 being sold will directly impact incomings.
    We will probably get 2 or 3 more sold & loan out the rest.

Don't claim to be ITK so take what you will.

Usual friend who is close. Mario joined saints intending to use as a stepping stone up the premier League, understood from both sides in 2/3 seasons. He was willing/happy to put in another season - a full season under RH, but enquiries were made so he requested (unofficially) for saints to honour the step up. Ralph obliged.
    Man U are only enquiring at the moment, sounding out price, no offer made. Arsenal have made an offer that was rejected but negotiations continue.
    Couple of clubs from Europe also enquiring but he wants to play PL. If offer isn't good enough from PL then Europe and champions League it is.
    Lots of interest. Agent has been in London since Sunday. Saints want deal done quick since learning last week of his wishes (he was part of plans for season).

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Don't claim to be ITK so take what you will.

Usual friend who is close. Mario joined saints intending to use as a stepping stone up the premier League, understood from both sides in 2/3 seasons. He was willing/happy to put in another season - a full season under RH, but enquiries were made so he requested (unofficially) for saints to honour the step up. Ralph obliged.
    Man U are only enquiring at the moment, sounding out price, no offer made. Arsenal have made an offer that was rejected but negotiations continue.
    Couple of clubs from Europe also enquiring but he wants to play PL. If offer isn't good enough from PL then Europe and champions League it is.
    Lots of interest. Agent has been in London since Sunday. Saints want deal done quick since learning last week of his wishes (he was part of plans for season).
    Sounds very plausible. If you look at Lemina's quotes carefully, there is no bad feeling on either side. He just says he has good communications with the club, but is frustrated due to his injuries last year he failed to make a greater contribution, and now Ralph is building his preferred starting team for the new season (presumably without Lemina). So if there are offers that suit both sides, then why not make a fresh start? Pity, but he was always going to move on eventually, so don't see why he is the villain all of a sudden. Good to see we seem to have rejected Arsenal's first offer - maybe we will get more than the rumored £18M?

Quote Originally Posted by LeBizzier69 View Post
    Palace AND West Brom? Those are some credentials. Let’s face it, he’s done zilch in RH’s tenure to date and it appears he’s happy for him to depart.
    Agree, although he has been injured for most of it.

You can be as condescending as you like about my comment, but I was making a point to the previous poster who said he hadn't seen anything "to suggest he could dominate a match". They might not have been the best opposition but it still takes something to be that level above everyone else on the pitch, which he was. I don't recall many individual stand out performances like it, in fact.

I don't have a problem with people thinking he's not worth perservering with, or that he doesn't have the attitude to cut it at us or at any level, but to claim that he doesn't have ability or that he has never played exceptionally well just isn't true, hence my reply.

The Gunners boss Unai Emery is very keen to land the Gabon international and is willing to swap Mohamed Elneny to sweeten the transfer.
    Interesting comment from the Express but Mario wants to go to United...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Premier-League
    Last edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache; 10-07-2019 at 06:49 AM.

38. Default

I don't have a problem with people thinking he's not worth perservering with, or that he doesn't have the attitude to cut it at us or at any level, but to claim that he doesn't have ability or that he has never played exceptionally well just isn't true, hence my reply.
    Spot on.

As for a possible move to Man U, that is clearly dependent on Pogba going.

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Spot on.

As for a possible move to Man U, that is clearly dependent on Pogba going.
    Wouldn't he be a replacement for Herrera?

40. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Wouldn't he be a replacement for Herrera?
    I don’t think he has the credentials to be an irritant like Herrera.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    Interesting comment from the Express but Mario wants to go to United...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Premier-League
    I love articles like this do they pay an attention to what actually goes on at saints. Not having a go at Lemina but this line is just bollix

"after standing out at St Maryís two years after signing from Juventus."

He hasn't stood out hell last season he could barely get in the match day squad.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    I donít think he has the credentials to be an irritant like Herrera.
    You canít have seen his Instagram stories then!

Shows how far United are away from the elite. He'd do a job there but has hardly set the world alight.

44. Default

I reckon the ones who will be sold will probably be Austin, Gallagher, Lemina and Cedric. As you say, best that can be hoped with Hoedt, Carrillo and Forster is probably loans. Boufal could still go either way, depends on his attitude and what Ralph thinks of him.

If all of those do go one way or the other, we would then need incomings at RB, CB, a midfielder to replace Lemina and a No 10 type player I think.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

An impression from what?

46. Default

Reported fees look too low, if we are selling for as low as £18 million it should be out of the league IMO.

The likes of Utd, Arsenal etc. should be paying upwards of £30 million, with some healthy sell on clauses. Today's £30 million is basically £15 million of two years ago pretty much.

Good player but inconsistent, not a major loss really seeing as he was a squad player last year but would have liked to see what Ralph could have got out of him.
    Last edited by tajjuk; 10-07-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Ok, apart from Palace and WBA away under the nervous wreck, and cameos v Man U and Newcastle last season, how many times have you seen genuine ‘quality’ performances from Lemina? Not a lot for 50-odd appearances is it? Also one of the highest earners.

We’ve also seen some dreadful displays such as W Ham away. Granted, he joined a mess with the nervous wreck and the past it 80s star, but RH has sound judgement, no mug at all, and reckons we can do better. Most of the fans would agree with RH.

The guy does have flashes of quality as evidenced by being at Juventus but then so did Augustin Delgado. His track record of stringing long spells of playing together is not good. Man U can afford a one game in and three games out type with a nice trick, we can’t, we need players with pace and energy who can sustain 30+ games a season.

If Lemina goes there, and the only quibble is the lower fee, and can be bothered, it is unlikely the player would have put that level of focus in here. Personally I think RH may have a CM target he wants and any shortfall on the fee might be compensated for a few times over if RH gets a hungry replacement who does well. Plus their wages will be lower so adding that into the equation. Anyone that plays frankly is an improvement. Any chance to bin off a post 2016 Les Reed signing without losing money is well worth taking anyway.
    100% agree with this, i think the player is either brilliant, disinterested or a down right liability. Unfortunately too many of the latter and too few of the brilliant performances. RH clearly doesn't fancy getting the required consistency out of him and for that reason let him go. Good luck to Untied with that but after maybe a few early decent performances no doubt we will see the true Lemina emerge.

I completely agree with the above post, but when your average premier league players are going for upwards of £30m then Lemina should be going for that too really. Unless we are desperate to get him out and he's been touted around at the higher price and no-one has shown any interest. He's better that the majority of midfielders in this league on his day, but unfortunately for us, his day has been about 1 in 10.

Quote Originally Posted by tajjuk View Post
    Reported fees look too low, if we are selling for as low as £18 million it should be out of the league IMO.

The likes of Utd, Arsenal etc. should be paying upwards of £30 million, with some healthy sell on clauses. Today's £30 million is basically £15 million of two years ago pretty much.

Good player but inconsistent, not a major loss really seeing as he was a squad player last year but would have liked to see what Ralph could have got out of him.
    The reality is that we are never going to get that sort of fee for someone who is on the fringes of our squad, who while talented has never performed with any sort of consistency.
    I'll be happy just to escape from this one unscathed and invest that money elsewhere in someone committed to Ralph's project.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Players are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. If no one is offering us 30 million for him he isn't worth 30 million.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk