Cost of being a match day mascot

RedWillie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46526716

I was quite surprised by this. Some clubs charging ridiculous amounts to be a mascot. I thought it was a lad or lass that had been chosen for a good deed or contributed something to society but it seems that the football greed now includes the mascot experience .

Great to see Saints are still free and doing it for the right reasons but Everton £708 ??? whilst at the cheap end Bournemouth still charge £185 fee and you don't even get a match ticket !

I was quite surprised by this. Some clubs charging ridiculous amounts to be a mascot. I thought it was a lad or lass that had been chosen for a good deed or contributed something to society but it seems that the football greed now includes the mascot experience .

Great to see Saints are still free and doing it for the right reasons but Everton £708 ??? whilst at the cheap end Bournemouth still charge £185 fee and you don't even get a match ticket !

The "honour" of seeing the famous dugouts i suspect

Lol no club is "free"

Mascots are generally allocated as favors for sponsorship and /or purchasing an executive box for season ect.

99% of the time the mascot will be a family member or friend of a friend type of a sizeable contributer.

No objections with that....we are a business remember

Lol no club is "free"

Mascots are generally allocated as favors for sponsorship and /or purchasing an executive box for season ect.

99% of the time the mascot will be a family member or friend of a friend type of a sizeable contributer.

No one is saying your beloved Toffeemen are bad people for charging seven hundred quid. No one is saying that.

Am I missing something, the list I saw said Everton were free but surprise surprise West Ham charged the most at £700!

Lol no club is "free"

Imagine Les Reed implemented a charge, you’d vomit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine Les Reed implemented a charge, you’d vomit

There is a charge. You need to be friends or family of a significant contributer to be mascot at most clubs.

The clubs that appear to charge also appear to give all monies to charity

Light n Love x

There is a charge. You need to be friends or family of a significant contributer to be mascot at most clubs.

Light n Love x

As a Junior Saints member it did get you entered into the draw to be a Mascot, when my girls were little and we sat in the Kingsland Chapel family section, we saw a few kids from regular families we saw getting the gig.

Lol no club is "free"

Wasn't always the way by any means. 11 years ago my son had the privilege of leading the team out with Claus at Loftus Road. The process was me phoning up Saints community office, asking if he could be a mascot, and them saying "OK then, which game is suits

you". No freebies, but no fees either. He was so emotionally exhausted he fell asleep during the game (2-0 Rasiak, BWP). Unforgettable for all of us.

Light n Love x

How is that a charge? The mascot doesn’t pay. Have you put a cheeky insurance bet on how you chat **** constantly?

Love and ****e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mines child was picked at random by saints to be the mascot for one of our next fixtures. No pay, no association with any kind of sponsor.
Yep that's how I thought it worked. It certainly did in the early 90s. A mate of mine was a mascot and it had something to do with birthdays and being a part of team saints.

We are free apart from when they auction a place off through Saints Foundation which normally ends up with the guy from Veho buying a place for his son.

And I think the bidding starts at about 500 quid as I looked at bidding for the boy to do it. This is for last season's city game https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Southampton-FC-Mascot-Package-for-Man-City-Fixture-13-05-18/192520271148?hash=item2cd31a352c:g:NZkAAOSwG4xa3umN

Edited by simo